Fuzz Recommendation (specific)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Fuzz Recommendation (specific)

Postby AlexGlassLungs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:31 pm

So I got the fuzz, it came totally messed up... volume loss, crackly pots, feedback when gate if engaged... had to get a refund issued through Reverb and the seller has been a total dick about it. I’ll look for another, I was excited to check this out. If not I’ll probably end up settling on a TAFM or Buzzz since there a great “go-to”
AlexGlassLungs

committed
committed

Postby popvulture » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Consider Frazz.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:38 pm

Go for the joystick fuzz from Dminner in BST. I projecting though...cause I want it.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AlexGlassLungs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm

AlexGlassLungs wrote:So I got the fuzz, it came totally messed up... volume loss, crackly pots, feedback when gate if engaged... had to get a refund issued through Reverb and the seller has been a total dick about it. I’ll look for another, I was excited to check this out. If not I’ll probably end up settling on a TAFM or Buzzz since there a great “go-to”

The other dude in my band has one, it’s great! I was trying to find something different from him but, I love that fizz
AlexGlassLungs

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 am

AlexGlassLungs wrote:So I got the fuzz, it came totally messed up... volume loss, crackly pots, feedback when gate if engaged... had to get a refund issued through Reverb and the seller has been a total dick about it. I’ll look for another, I was excited to check this out. If not I’ll probably end up settling on a TAFM or Buzzz since there a great “go-to”

Sucks!!

I’ve got two, and could help a brother out...
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby AlexGlassLungs » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am

goroth wrote:

Sucks!!

I’ve got two, and could help a brother out...

I appreciate it, I ended up just picking up a TAFM
AlexGlassLungs

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:55 am

Also a completely rad fuzz!

Fortunately it is very different to the Velcrobot... so you can pick one up somewhere on down the line with impunity :thumb:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby AlexGlassLungs » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:23 pm

This was my 3rd TAFM and I had it for about 4 hours before putting it on reverb and buying a Buzzz. I think I’ll like the buzz better because it has more of a ripping sound. As far as the Old Blood Noise goes, I think their pedals are poorly engineered. They’re extremely noisy and all have weird volume quirks. I guess it doesn’t matter if you’re just doing your own experimental stuff but I use all my pedals in a live setting too, kind of tip toeing the line between music and noise making. My guitarist has the Dark Star Pad and although it does a cool thing, it’s noisy (what he uses it for it doesn’t really matter) and has volume issues. We’ve also used the Haunt and Reflector and another member has the Procession at home but doesnt put it on his board because it just doesn’t really fit the bill with the sounds it does for us.
AlexGlassLungs

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear