Red Shift Effects Mirage (dsp based delay)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Shift Effects Mirage (dsp based delay)

Postby Jwar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:09 pm

What’s the actual delay length time?

Can you show us any of your previous pedals?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby redshift » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:I've been searching for an effect with plenty of delay time. Thanks for posting.

'Plenty of delay time' is admittedly a pretty ridiculous statement - it's currently configured for up to 3 seconds, I'll get around to posting a demo with some longer delays soon.
redshift

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby redshift » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:What’s the actual delay length time?

I replied to the 'plenty of delay time' comment before seeing this - but it's ~3 seconds.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote: Can you show us any of your previous pedals?

This is our first commercial product, everything we made before this was either for ourselves or our close friends - we've been focused on the development of the MIRAGE for quite some time, so in the name of keeping the brand seperate from personal work, I can't show you guys any other pedals/gear I've built.
redshift

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:35 pm

redshift wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:I've been searching for an effect with plenty of delay time. Thanks for posting.

'Plenty of delay time' is admittedly a pretty ridiculous statement - it's currently configured for up to 3 seconds, I'll get around to posting a demo with some longer delays soon.

I look forward to the new demo, but 3 seconds of delay seems excessive. Who has time to wait that long?
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Bro. 3 seconds is almost unheard of! Don’t ruin this Nora!! Lol!!!

I also look forward to more demos.

What kind of time frame are you shooting for after the Kickstarter and will you be bring out more units later?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Can we expect to see any independent reviews before the Kickstarter closes?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:34 pm

@redshift, I'd give you some sort of heatmap re: the flames and the directions they'll come from, but, I'm a noob here and it can get unpredictable.

On the whole, more info/transparency will go a long way. Tastemaker is a loaded term, but its fair to say that this crowd has moved the gear world more than a few times, so it's probably worth the effort. :hobbes:

And you probably know this but in case you don't, there's some history with prototypes not making it all the way to market with this bunch. :animal:

Anywhozzle. Bros: the pattern LED arrangements represent binary numbers 0000 - 1111. (!!!!). Binary numbers!
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby redshift » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Bro. 3 seconds is almost unheard of! Don’t ruin this Nora!! Lol!!!

I also look forward to more demos.

What kind of time frame are you shooting for after the Kickstarter and will you be bring out more units later?

We're expecting to ship the pedals to our backers in March (or earlier). After the Kickstarter batch is out the door and we get more stock, pedals will be available though our web store (pricing may differ, the introductory price is the incentive for backing us on KS).

Regarding demos, I've been in touch with a couple channels on youtube and hope to send out some units soon!

3 seconds might seem like overkill, but its great for creating layered ambient sounds - especially when paired with a reverb!
redshift

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:13 pm

*cough*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:36 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:*cough*

Don't get :sick:

I hear Oslo's gettin' a bit chilly this time of year.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:48 pm

;)
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:31 am

UglyCasanova wrote:*cough*

*passes blunt of influence*
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 am

So am I reading through the lines correctly that this is a tricked-out 6-tap delay?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:10 am

So who are the demo people you contacted? Just curious who we are going to hear from.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby affectperdals » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:So who are the demo people you contacted? Just curious who we are going to hear from.

I put up a demo. I used one of the prototypes for about a week. It's a solid pedal with a LOT of potential. The coolest part is going to be the RedShift app to program your own patterns and octaves. I want some 7/8 octave delays damnit! Ben is a super cool guy too and gave me a lot of good info on the pedal and how to use it. Honestly, I ordered one before even talking to them just because it seemed so cool. I can see how people are kinda weirded out by a kickstarter from an unknown company but you can tell these guys/gals put a ton of effort into this thing. I posted it over on my own thread but I'll post it here too (probably get scolded for posting it twice).

affectperdals

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear