Red Shift Effects Mirage (dsp based delay)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Shift Effects Mirage (dsp based delay)

Postby Jwar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:56 pm

shikawkee wrote:Supposedly the Zuma ramps power at start up which I think they're addressing in the future.

I sure wish I got in on that Mirage pre-order. That thing sounds awesome. Not sure how it passed me by.

It's my Strymon. Sigh. Piece of shit. It has had issues since day 1 with powering DSP based effects other than my H9 for some reason. So weird.

I used this with my Pedal Power 2 last night, no issues at all. It sounds beautiful.

One of the coolest features on it IMO is that it follows the way you play. So if I play fast, the repeats increase, if I play slow they become more drawn out. I've never experienced that before with a delay? Unless I'm crazy here. It gets really shinny sounding with no dirt as well and dark with dirt.

I really think this one is a winner and could easily kill a lot of pedals. I wish there was easier access to some of the menu (like the filters) but I can live with pushing a button. lol.

It's extremely feature packed.

I can't wait to get this thing plugged into my PC and make some custom patterns!

Oh and the filters are freaking amazing. It makes using different instrument super simple
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby shikawkee » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Jwar wrote:
shikawkee wrote:Supposedly the Zuma ramps power at start up which I think they're addressing in the future.

I sure wish I got in on that Mirage pre-order. That thing sounds awesome. Not sure how it passed me by.

It's my Strymon. Sigh. Piece of shit. It has had issues since day 1 with powering DSP based effects other than my H9 for some reason. So weird.

I used this with my Pedal Power 2 last night, no issues at all. It sounds beautiful.

One of the coolest features on it IMO is that it follows the way you play. So if I play fast, the repeats increase, if I play slow they become more drawn out. I've never experienced that before with a delay? Unless I'm crazy here. It gets really shinny sounding with no dirt as well and dark with dirt.

I really think this one is a winner and could easily kill a lot of pedals. I wish there was easier access to some of the menu (like the filters) but I can live with pushing a button. lol.

It's extremely feature packed.

I can't wait to get this thing plugged into my PC and make some custom patterns!

Oh and the filters are freaking amazing. It makes using different instrument super simple

Gotta' get that thing. I'm on the email/waitlist.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Update: Just picked up a Mirage off Reverb. Pretty excited.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:13 pm

this would be dope pared with a wow and flutter
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:39 pm

is tap tempo the only way to mess with the delay time on this thing? whaaaaaaaack
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:44 pm

resincum wrote:is tap tempo the only way to mess with the delay time on this thing? whaaaaaaaack

He actually is working on a fix for this. I mentioned it to him. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:56 pm

One of the odd things it shares with the Lexicon Vortex!

(Tap tempo only, and it's universal on the Vortex and not saved per preset)
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Confuzzled » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:32 pm

affectperdals wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:So who are the demo people you contacted? Just curious who we are going to hear from.

I put up a demo. I used one of the prototypes for about a week. It's a solid pedal with a LOT of potential. The coolest part is going to be the RedShift app to program your own patterns and octaves. I want some 7/8 octave delays damnit! Ben is a super cool guy too and gave me a lot of good info on the pedal and how to use it. Honestly, I ordered one before even talking to them just because it seemed so cool. I can see how people are kinda weirded out by a kickstarter from an unknown company but you can tell these guys/gals put a ton of effort into this thing. I posted it over on my own thread but I'll post it here too (probably get scolded for posting it twice).

I love the echoplex throwback knobs! Very tasty choice!
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:05 pm

affectperdals wrote:

That part with the volca sample reminded me of the One Step Beyond soundtrack (Adio skate vid) :thumb:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear