MR. BLACK SS-850

Moderator: Ghost Hip

MR. BLACK SS-850

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:42 pm

I saw this on Ruiner's Instagram. Looks like a cool little pedal! I'm a sucker for echos with a slider. It seems to have similar the Ibanez Echo Shifter (love that pedal). One is on reverb for $199 and that seems fair. Not sure how much the original price was or when it dropped. I completely missed this one (I wouldn't have got it anyway but it looks really cool!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2yTubTukZE
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: MR. BLACK SS-850

Postby John Matrix » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 pm

This one looks rad for sure. Seems like dust would fall into the slider over time and gunk it up though...
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby echorec » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 pm

These are $230 list, but were $158 for Black Friday. It was unveiled just before Thanksgiving, so you're only a few weeks behind.

John Matrix wrote:This one looks rad for sure. Seems like dust would fall into the slider over time and gunk it up though...

The EHX Micro Synth, Hog, Pog, and Graphic Fuzz utilize 10 or more slider pots each, and I'm not aware of any reported issues caused by dust. I've owned 3 Micro Synths without stiff or scratchy pots. Depending on the internal layout and the parts used, there are ways to minimize the impact of any intrusion. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:39 pm

echorec wrote:These are $230 list, but were $158 for Black Friday. It was unveiled just before Thanksgiving, so you're only a few weeks behind.

Thank goodness I really didn't pay attention this year...I probably would have bought one for $158 :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear