Whatever happened to Sonic Crayon pedals?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Whatever happened to Sonic Crayon pedals?

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:51 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:How dare you try insert any logic into my thought process. I'm appalled at the mere mention of it. :lol: :lol:
I'm crazy dude. What do you want from me? Consistency? I can't do it.

Hey Jwar, can you put that in your signature so newcomers know what they're getting in to? :idk:
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 am

cloudscapes wrote:I've been thinking of making an organized deposit of source files for some of these yeah. Like put my schematics, pcb layouts, bill of materials and source code on github or something. And maybe a shared oshpark PCB so people can just straight up order the board from them.

I'd love to try building a Mech Sun for myself (and fail miserably) :snax:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:45 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:How dare you try insert any logic into my thought process. I'm appalled at the mere mention of it. :lol: :lol:
I'm crazy dude. What do you want from me? Consistency? I can't do it.

Hey Jwar, can you put that in your signature so newcomers know what they're getting in to? :idk:

Nah

:p
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Faldoe » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:18 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
cloudscapes wrote:I've been thinking of making an organized deposit of source files for some of these yeah. Like put my schematics, pcb layouts, bill of materials and source code on github or something. And maybe a shared oshpark PCB so people can just straight up order the board from them.

I'd love to try building a Mech Sun for myself (and fail miserably) :snax:

Yeah, that sounds awesome.
Faldoe

Postby Eivind August » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Hey, cloudscapes, have you gotten any of the new scarves from Glitch Textiles? :snax:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jordans0012 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Damn, my take away from this thread is that there actually might be more batches of SC stuff. This is huge IMO, I thought it was done for sure.

I have a Hollow Earth, it is awesome. I passed up buying an Anti Nautilus (or rather tried to negotiate the price down) and missed it. Still want to kill myself over it lol.
Jordans0012

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Yeah I want a few for sure..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Jordans0012 wrote:Damn, my take away from this thread is that there actually might be more batches of SC stuff. This is huge IMO, I thought it was done for sure.

I have a Hollow Earth, it is awesome. I passed up buying an Anti Nautilus (or rather tried to negotiate the price down) and missed it. Still want to kill myself over it lol.

First post, considering death over missed pedal opportunity. Welcome, you belong here. #oneofus
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:09 am

spacelordmother wrote:
Jordans0012 wrote:Damn, my take away from this thread is that there actually might be more batches of SC stuff. This is huge IMO, I thought it was done for sure.

First post, considering death over missed pedal opportunity. Welcome, you belong here. #oneofus

Annnd already owns one of the few HE’s
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Confuzzled » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:49 am

spacelordmother wrote:

HUZZAH!
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:58 am

I still have gas for the Hollow Earth and that one vibrato concept he put out, but the Anti Nautilus has been outclassed many times already. :idk: Not that I wouldn't love to try one, but I wouldn't pay top dollar for it anymore.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:44 am

Inconuucl wrote:I still have gas for the Hollow Earth and that one vibrato concept he put out, but the Anti Nautilus has been outclassed many times already. :idk: Not that I wouldn't love to try one, but I wouldn't pay top dollar for it anymore.

Have you played one? I understand the sentiment that there are many other options on the market now compared to 8 or 9 years ago but the Anti Nautilus is unique among all the pedals in the genre. If you haven't actually used one I can see how you would think its similar to everything else though.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:47 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:
Inconuucl wrote:I still have gas for the Hollow Earth and that one vibrato concept he put out, but the Anti Nautilus has been outclassed many times already. :idk: Not that I wouldn't love to try one, but I wouldn't pay top dollar for it anymore.

Have you played one? I understand the sentiment that there are many other options on the market now compared to 8 or 9 years ago but the Anti Nautilus is unique among all the pedals in the genre. If you haven't actually used one I can see how you would think its similar to everything else though.

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:59 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:

You just don't get it do you? You can't ask someone to build you this. This is a mans masterpiece.
If you had been paying attention you would have noticed an emerging new kind of pedal.
Through the duck tape, booby traps and chaos you would have glimpsed the true nature behind John Schumann's original design.
This is the very pedal that caused him to give up building after completing only a few units.
Years ago, I remember hearing a customer sent his Pll back for repair and after 3 months of waiting received an unusual email.
I am not lying when I tell you this. It was revealed that Schumann, who had never kept a Pll for himself, had over the
years forgotten the design and fell in love with the customers pedal, attempting to run off with it.

This is not the mark of a regular builder. You see, I've encountered few pedals like this.
Each pedal is a meticulous labor of love. It's eccentric genius cannot be held to the same standard as a regular boutique.
It is the pinnacle of unobtainium. A boutique boutique where the builder has poured his very soul into what he is creating to
the point it transcends itself and becomes art. This is the shit legends are made of.

You do not understand what's happening. To simply have someone else build you one is an insult to this mans art.
If you don't appreciate it enough build your own interpretation then you do not understand what is it, you cannot comprehend what you
are playing and you don't deserve it.

Copypasta jokes aside, would you pay $2000 for a original Schummann PLL now that all of the amazing takes on the circuit exist? Maybe if you wanted it for the historical (lol) value rather than just the sound. :idk:

I can get my random buffer/"virtual tape" effects well enough now, so my gas for the anti-nautilus is all but dead. Same with the Schumann once the data corrupter was out now that I think about it, and this is counting all of the pllones I've had over the years.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Pffft^ whatever, IL sell my body or a beloved synth to swim with a naultits
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear