Pitchfactor users

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Pitchfactor users

Postby echorec » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm

This has intrigued me for years, but I've always been skeptical of its interface. How difficult/lengthy is the learning phase? (from designing a sound to saving/navigating your presets)

My biggest concern is tuning. Do you have to program a scale in for each song, or does it have auto-harmonizing? I just hate the idea of having to constantly set and reset scales, when I'm just wanting to sketch out some ideas. That's my biggest source of anxiety with the Pitchfactor is spending more time programming a pedal, rather than actually creating new sounds.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Pitchfactor users

Postby Jwar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:02 pm

I guess I've never been your typical user so I don't worry about everything being perfect or in tune. As long as it sounds good.

IMO most of the presets that come loaded on the Pitch or H9 sound great from the get go. So, I really have not had to tweak anything. Now I have tweaked the crystals algo but that's because it can be pretty overbearing.

I think you could be stuck in the tweaks if you want, or not if you don't want to. The pedal does damn good job on it's own.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Some of the modes (I think Quadravox and Diatonic only) have a pitch detector function where you press a switch, play the note, and it will adjust to that key.
For the rest, yes, you have to manually program your scales. With the the "flex" feature in the other modes you can switch between 2 different settings though, if that makes things easier.

Editor might help to visualize all the parameters but everything can be done with the knobs right there.

It's a very deep pedal, but the fun and utility are endless. And yes, it's easier to spend more time messing around with it than actually write music, it is the pedal that ruined that for me and I don't regret it. :joy:
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Thanks guys. How simplistic is the process of saving and recalling your customized settings? Can you rename user presets with a computer, or is it easy enough to enter your banks' titles without external editing? From skimming videos it looks like you can enter text, not just numbers, when you're trying to save a title for a user bank. (Ex: Echorec Cinematic instead of USER BANK 037)
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

You can rename both ways, of course it's easier with the computer. And regarding text, yes I have a "HALL 9000" preset. I think some non-alphanumeric characters are allowed too.

To save presets, it's easy: hold down switch, turn the knob to selcet the desire bank, press another switch.
To recall them, it can be a pain if you don't have them organized according to how you are going to use them.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Cool. I guess this is finally the year when I order one of these.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Paging Invisible Man.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby odontophobia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:31 pm

spacelordmother wrote:Paging Invisible Man.

Is the same cloud.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Invisible Man » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Yeah, buy one. It’s brilliantly designed. The readout tells you what’s happening in real time. Expression control over all parameters simultaneously. Aux switch compatibly. Reverb, delay, pitch, tuner, synth sounds, some filters.

It’s surprisingly easy to use if that’s what you want, and as deep as any pedal out there if you wanna be a fucking nerd. It’ll serve as a clock source in larger systems or as the heart of a small one (like mine). I cannot say enough good things about it and recommend it in the highest terms. If you hire the pitchfactor, you will be getting a dedicated and capable pedal that will contribute at the highest level to your musical endeavors.

If you would like to speak more about the pitchfactor’s potential, feel free to reach out to me at iman69@hotmail.con.
Last edited by Invisible Man on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:56 pm

God, you're such a nerd. It's why I love you.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Invisible Man » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:01 pm

My parents aren’t home right now.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Dapper Bandit » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 am

Not sure I can contribute more to IM's effusive praise. It is a double-cool pedal though, one of my most consistently used. The interface is a breeze to use, knob-per-function and very easy to program. I have been able to create a new patch during band practice, set expression pedal functionality and even name it without even taking my bass off.

Naming it on the pedal is a little bit of a pain, I find using the editor in that regard is easier but I went for maybe 3 years without the editor and didn't lose any love for that magnificent red bastard.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 am

Invisible Man wrote:My parents aren’t home right now.

UGH! Saw this too late!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

Stop re-creating your Insta too. Weirdo. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 am

No. It lives, it dies, it is reborn.

(I've had some privacy issue. This is my last attempt before I give it up.)

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby actual » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 am

Invisible Man wrote:No. It lives, it dies, it is reborn.

(I've had some privacy issue. This is my last attempt before I give it up.)

Maybe use a different handle?
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Next

Return to General Gear