Pladask Elektrisk - Tåken (Dual Tape Head Delay)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Pladask Elektrisk - Tåken (Dual Tape Head Delay)

Postby affectperdals » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:53 pm

actualidiot wrote:There should be some rule about keeping your demos in one thread though imo.

What do you suggest? I'm open to ideas because I'm not here to upset anyone. I do get touchy when I'm accused of plagiarism.
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:55 pm

actualidiot wrote:There should be some rule about keeping your demos in one thread though imo.

This is the standard practice. Just change your title with every new video. Or you can post them in threads related to the pedal. Also, you can post them in threads on the creator's sub forums.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Yeah, just like "affectperdals super awesome demos - Pladask Tåken" and then change the latter with the next demo etc.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby affectperdals » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 pm

actualidiot wrote:Yeah, just like "affectperdals super awesome demos - Pladask Tåken" and then change the latter with the next demo etc.

haha, alright, I'll give it a shot. I might even use those exact words (if it's not plagiarizing).
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby actual » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:09 pm

I'd be flattered and also sending you a cease and desist :lol:
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:42 pm

It is pretty frustrating to have a bunch of ILFers that I respect say they dont want to hear an argument while I am getting harassed via PM from this guy. He won't say those things here.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby affectperdals » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:59 pm

codetocontra wrote:It is pretty frustrating to have a bunch of ILFers that I respect say they dont want to hear an argument while I am getting harassed via PM from this guy. He won't say those things here.

Dude, I'm not harassing you, stop being a baby.

I literally just sent you a message explaining I didn't want the drama flowing over into the post and offered to discuss it with you. I then explained why your statement was offensive to me (like you asked). Your response was "I don't know what the fuck your problem is" along with a bunch of other rude comments. I also said feel free to post my messages on the here. Where are they? Oh yea, you didn't post them because they weren't harassing at all and you don't want people to see how logical and open they were.

Now you're upset no one is taking your side for being a drama queen? You need to chill out.

I'll be moving on from this topic now since it's been hijacked. Too bad really.
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:34 pm

PMs:
NSFW: show
affectperdals wrote:Dude, I don't know what I ever did to piss you off so much but that was a shitty thing to do... Why you gotta insult a fun hobby for me? I know my videos aren't ground breaking but I put a lot of effort into them, have a lot of fun doing it and generally think they are pretty good. Why you gotta rag on them over something that's not true?

Yea, I get it that we both used the same quote but I never even saw that other video in full and I've used it before. I'm, sure you probably already think I'm a dick but you jumped down my throat over something that's not even true. Then you made it personal and insulted me.

I don't expect a response but I just wanted to say that what you said was hurtful and really shitty. Feel free to post this message in the thread if it makes you feel better.

codetocontra wrote:Try rereading my original comments. You are blowing up over nothing. How did I insult you? I guess you are getting flak elsewhere and feel guilty about it. Holy shit. Feel free to say shit in the thread and not PM. Dont act like an innocent victim there and attack me here. Over what exactly? Saying I liked the other video first? And yeah I caught that similar text.

affectperdals wrote:Whatever dude, I'm trying to talk to you in private about it and you go out and insult EVERY video I ever posted. I tried to explain why it was insulting to insinuate someone is plagiarizing, then I tried to prove that I in fact have been using that quote for a LONG time in my videos.

I'm not gonna bring any more drama into that thread, you've done enough already.

"feeling guilty", gimme a break man. Don't be mad because I called you out for being a little jerk.

Take care

codetocontra wrote:I think you have me mixed up with someone else. I have not commented on any other of your videos. In fact I quite enjoyed another one. My original post was I like this other video first. You insinuated all sorts of other debris and sent it my way.

affectperdals wrote:Yea, I did have you confused with someone else on Reddit, that's why I apologized for that. I get it, the same dumb phrase popped up in our videos. It's just annoying when people accuse you of literally stealing content from people. I take a lot of pride in my videos and do my best to play well and make them entertaining. I know they aren't ground breaking material but it's just a fun hobby for me. I would never steal from other people (it's not in my nature).

You went on a rampage saying that I'm rude for posting my videos and basically calling them shitty.

Listen man, I'm not here to start shit with people. I'm here because I like effect pedals. My videos are a hobby and I enjoy doing them. Sorry if it pissed you off but you have to understand what it's like to be called a thief when you work really hard on something.

I'm not playing the victim here either, I'm standing up for myself against false statements. So, think what you want, don't watch the videos if you don't want to, tell people I'm a dick... but don't ever accuse me of plagiarism again. It is literally slander and especially shitty when you're wrong.

codetocontra wrote:I seriously don't know what the fuck your problem is.

affectperdals wrote:You being an asshole obviously. Grow up.

codetocontra wrote:Dude re-read my fucking comment. Then realize you sent me to private messages full of bullshit calling me a dick. Then you say I'm being rude and obnoxious in the thread. That is why I responded the way I did. For whatever reason, probably because of Reddit, you are attacking me hard. You are out of your fucking mind.

affectperdals wrote:Dude I literally explained where I was coming from after you asked. Your response was I don't know what the fuck your problem is... I'm not attacking anyone, you posted all that shit ragging on my videos in general (which has nothing to do with this), just to be a fucking baby about it.

Now, I'm out of my fucking mind... yea sure man, that's it. You can't even see that you were being a dick head about it.

It's all good, I'm gonna keep doing my thing and if one person on this website thinks I'm an ass, then fine. It's not going to affect my life. Have a good one.

I think this guy is copying and pasting his responses that he wrote for someone else. I never did criticize his other videos or get an apology for being accused of that. Nor did I ever actually say he ripped off UC. Strange coincidence though. But if your shtick is to use a lame quote from a lame president without actually quoting the guy, then that is just dull in addition to actually plagiarizing. http://www.plagiarism.org/article/what-is-plagiarism
Last edited by codetocontra on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Honestly, I see where he is coming from. A lot of people on a lot of different forums, sites, and chats have been vocally upset about this. As well as the frankly immature manner of responses on the various pages.

I'm upset at this forums recent inability to have a thread without a fight.

codetocontra, I'm on your side, I'm just trying to respect UglyCasanova's wishes to move on and help promote the pedal builder.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:52 pm

For my part, I wasn't criticising you, I'm inclined to agree that this dude should post them in the threads where we're already talking about the pedals at hand, or at bare minimum start his own thread for all his demos. It would be nice if the person contributed to the forums a bit more than pretty much entirely posting their demo's, but I'm willing to give a minor benefit of the doubt that he just didn't know that coming in. Saw that Drod just posted before me and said pretty much the exact thing as I wanted to say.
On your side/agree with you but the hostility here lately seems a bit overwhelming and things like this, which would otherwise be minimal and easy to dismiss as a bad seed are magnified.

Edit: didn't finish a sentence.
Last edited by Olin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby affectperdals » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Olin wrote:For my part, I wasn't criticising you, I'm inclined to agree that this dude should post them in the threads where we're already talking about the pedals at hand, or at bare minimum start his own thread for all his demos. It would be nice if the person contributed to the forums a bit more than pretty much entirely posting their demo's, but I'm willing to give a minor benefit of the doubt that he just didn't know that coming in. Saw that Drod just posted before me and said pretty much the exact thing as I wanted to say.
On your side/agree with you but the hostility here lately seems a bit overwhelming and things like this, which would otherwise be minimal and easy to dismiss as a bad seed.

I'd be happy to start my own thread, I didn't know I could do that. I just post them in the general gear forum so people can see the pedals they might not have heard of before. If that's not the way to go about doing it, then I can change the way I post. I'm not here to start problems. It's just tough to deal with someone who is super condescending. I'll look into making my own thread for my videos.
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby affectperdals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:50 am

I think this guy is copying and pasting his responses that he wrote for someone else. I never did criticize his other videos or get an apology for being accused of that. Nor did I ever actually say he ripped off UC. Strange coincidence though. But if your shtick is to use a lame quote from a lame president without actually quoting the guy, then that is just dull in addition to actually plagiarizing. [url]http://www.plagiarism.org/article/what-is-plagiarism

Alright man, I’m gonna explain it one more time. Then I’m done with this thread because it’s just getting shitty.

You knew exactly what you were doing with your first 3 comments. Just busting my balls about that stupid Donald trump text. That was a whole other shit show on it’s own. Since you don’t use reddit (which is probably bs), here’s a link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/guitarpedals/c ... ape_delay/

I got accused of doing something I had already done in the past and people jumped down my throat about it. Then when I proved them wrong there was no response. Do you know how shitty that is? I spent HOURS making these videos. I make up new music for them and try to film/edit them the best I can. I take pride in them.

You said “I never did criticize his other videos” but you also said “Rude and obnoxious is coming to a forum only to post your mediocre influencer videos”. So you are making a general insult. Kinda shitty. Your posts are so dramatic too, like I’ve been harassing you over and over again. Not only are they dramatic, they’re also super condescending. You’re the one who can’t stop.

Right when things start to calm down, you have to jump right back in about no one being on your side. That fact that you think you need a side is insane. You claim I’m “out of my mind” but you’re acting like a crazy person. I get it, you don’t like me and I can deal with that but you’re acting like a child and going out of your way to make someone look bad.

Ok, I get it, you’re pissed I don’t use the site much. Here’s the thing… you’ve been a member for 6 years with an average of 12 posts per month. I’ve had an account for 9 months with an average of 16 posts per month. So by the time I rack up 5 mores years of use, I’ll be right up there in contributions. I just think that’s a silly point for you to try and make. Most of the videos I post do start conversations and I’m more than happy to participate in them.

Pladask makes sick pedals and all I was trying to do was make a cool video for one of them. Why ya gotta shit on someones hobby? It doesn’t make sense. You ruined the thread by starting trouble with your first few comments and then went nutty with it.
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby resincum » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:00 am

can you guys just go to the woods with some mushrooms stfu for a bit then come back th a nks

there is SO MUCH more important shit to be thinking about than arguing over a demo video lmao. the pedal is bad ass btw

also Arena effects pedals needs to hop on this single thread demo idea fkn wankers. I do like the vape corner tho
Last edited by resincum on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby raj007 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:07 am

1st: I've had the pleasure playing some of Pladask's pedals and have loved each one. And I've heard nothing but great things about the Taken. And the more exposure to their pedals the better.

2nd: With that said...I would caution folks to not say anything negative towards the OP, because he will literally flood your Inbox with messages to the point of psychopathy. He's done it to multiple people I know. This is the same dude who started that insane feud with Cooper FX on Reddit. He has A LOT of extra time on his hands so beware.

Ultimately, Let's appreciate the demos for Pladask and let the kid do his videos without triggering his psychopathy.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:22 am

Apparently this is all my fault. I apologize to all my ILF buddies, Pladask, and UglyCassanova. I stand behind my first 3 posts, in another context they were just snarky fun. Lighten up a little and things won't go down a dark path. I should have handled personal attacks on me better. I apologize for calling your videos mediocre. Lol at post count comments though, never been into measuring e-peens before. Good one. I am taking a leave of absence now.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear