My fuzz prototype is no longer a prototype

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: My fuzz prototype is no longer a prototype

Postby PeterBregman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I think my active bass is clipping the living shit out of it. LOL! That may be the issue.

Do the trimmers in the back do anything that would help with that??

Big input levels can definitely result in lower output levels. Try turning down your guitar and you might get some more output.

As for the trimmers, touching those voids the warranty.

j/k
The bottom left trimmer controls the volume when Multiply is on. Go ahead and turn it all the way up. :)

For other folks, sorry about the tight jacks and loose nuts. To make it up to you, I won’t make a joke about tight nuts and loose jacks.
PeterBregman

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:13 pm

PeterBregman wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I think my active bass is clipping the living shit out of it. LOL! That may be the issue.

Do the trimmers in the back do anything that would help with that??

Big input levels can definitely result in lower output levels. Try turning down your guitar and you might get some more output.

As for the trimmers, touching those voids the warranty.

j/k
The bottom left trimmer controls the volume when Multiply is on. Go ahead and turn it all the way up. :)

For other folks, sorry about the tight jacks and loose nuts. To make it up to you, I won’t make a joke about tight nuts and loose jacks.

Are any of the other trimmers for output volume as well or just that one?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 pm

PeterBregman wrote:The bottom left trimmer controls the volume when Multiply is on. Go ahead and turn it all the way up. :)

Damn, you thought of everything. I probably overlooked that in the manual!
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby PeterBregman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
Are any of the other trimmers for output volume as well or just that one?

The other two control the clipping behavior with and without Multiply. Those are set where I think they sound best, but you can screw with them if you want. You might want to mark where they are before you change them though, so you can get back to “stock.”
PeterBregman

committed
committed

Postby PeterBregman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:
PeterBregman wrote:The bottom left trimmer controls the volume when Multiply is on. Go ahead and turn it all the way up. :)

Damn, you thought of everything. I probably overlooked that in the manual!

I didn’t mention them in the manual because I didn’t want a bunch of people screwing up their pedals and wanting me to fix them again, haha.
Last edited by PeterBregman on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterBregman

committed
committed

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:16 am

Mine showed up today! Hoping to try it out tonight, but might be responsible instead. Homework and fuzz work are always at odds lately. Looks awesome in real life!
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby popvulture » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:26 am

Got mine yesterday, finally had time to check it out tonight. Really like the way it sounds, covers territory that I didn't already have in other fuzzes... it's very splatty. I love how there's a pretty crazy range of territory you can cover with the guitar volume knob. One of the most surprising in this sense is with the guitar volume almost rolled all the way off, was getting some really cool lo-fi yet rocky tones.

Anyway, I dig it so far, but I've only scratched the surface. Psyched to go deeper.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 am

JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:33 am

I turned all the trimmers all the way on and now it sounds like a black hole. Peter can I send it to you to fix? ;)

hahahahaha jk
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I turned all the trimmers all the way on and now it sounds like a black hole. Peter can I send it to you to fix? ;)

hahahahaha jk

Why don't you just sell it as an "ultra rare factory special" or something? :idk:
Last edited by Chankgeez on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 am

Chankgeez wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I turned all the trimmers all the way on and now it sounds like a black hole. Peter can I send it to you to fix? ;)

hahahahaha jk

Why don't you just sell it as an "ultra rare factory special"? :idk:

I'm considering it.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby PeterBregman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:40 am

hahahahaha jk

Oh man, if you turned them all all the way up, it would sound.....not good. I'll "fix" it for you by setting it on fire and mailing it back.
PeterBregman

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:45 am

PeterBregman wrote:

hahahahaha jk

Oh man, if you turned them all all the way up, it would sound.....not good. I'll "fix" it for you by setting it on fire and mailing it back.

:lol:

You must have an in at the Post Office, Peter, they won't let me mail highly flammable items much less ones that're actually on fire. :flame:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby weebles » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:

hahahahaha jk

Why don't you just sell it as an "ultra rare factory special"? :idk:

I'm considering it.

"If you're reading this, you already know what this is."
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:59 am

PeterBregman wrote:

hahahahaha jk

I mean, isn't that kind of the goal?

The fire I mean.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear