PHASE or FLANGE

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: PHASE or FLANGE

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:57 pm

actual wrote: https://reverb.com/item/11684266-mu-tro ... footswitch

1555$
Take your pick honeymunch :-*

Don't call me "honeymunch", rose-colored glasses.

:rant: All I'm sayin' is that when prophecysound were buildin' 'em, they were $475 or somethin'. :snax:

Also, given Mu-Tron's recent track record, people'll soon be flippin' 'em for close to (if not more than) the price of a vintage Bi-Phase. :idk:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:11 pm

eh
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Snufkino » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:The minifooger Flange has been blowing my mind. I'm loving this device for 100 clams, for real.

I've tried a few of the minifoogers, but I've found them a little hit and miss. The Chorus sounded awful, yet I'm temped by the flanger. Has anyone tried both?

BetterOffShred wrote: I think aesthetically speaking the whole series may be the most atrocious thing I've ever seen, but that's what rehousing was invented for.

comesect2.0 wrote: :lol: 4realz. I'd just take the plate off

Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby echorec » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:17 pm

So the sale is finally live (after >10 minutes of continuous crashing)...did anyone scratch their bi-curious itch?

(also, you gotta love that it's 2018 and Mu-Tron refuses to take in-focus photos of their stuff. Does no one in the office have a tablet or smartphone?)

https://www.mu-tron.com/shop/pedals/bi- ... ion-black/

echorec

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:30 pm

Out of focus is, IMO, intentional. Don't want that crappy graphic design to be depicted accurately. :cool:

(Still 13 left in stock. Grab now before people try resellin' 'em for upwards of $1K.)
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:46 pm

I'm not sure, but I think the black version is what's limited, and that they'll be releasing a light blue one afterwards, like the one in this post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjdB5MOFEiT ... =mutronusa
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:54 pm

actual wrote:I'm not sure, but I think the black version is what's limited, and that they'll be releasing a light blue one afterwards, like the one in this post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjdB5MOFEiT ... =mutronusa

It was my understanding that they were going to do 50 in black, but that may have changed based on demand. I can't find it, but I think they said on IG that the blues wouldn't be coming "for a while."

Chankgeez wrote:Out of focus is, IMO, intentional. Don't want that crappy graphic design to be depicted accurately. :cool:

(Still 13 left in stock. Grab now before people try resellin' 'em for upwards of $1K.)

Is the problem really with the graphics, or is it the uninspired black-and-white look? I get that it's a nod to the original prototype, but b&w is so boring. Purple text on a silver background with chrome knobs would've been really sharp.

echorec

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:07 pm

Yeah, the problem really is with the graphics. That black & white prototype looks fine. :)*

I'm not even sure the new "Limited Edition Black" is a nod to the prototype. Is it? :idk:

I've seen an old Bi-Phase which looks more purplish than the usual blue. :love: Probably just an anomaly though.
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:10 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I'm not even sure the new "Limited Edition Black" is a nod to the prototype. Is it? :idk:

There were 2 images shared, when they announced it (the reissue mockup and the 70s prototype), so it looks that way.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhsVM2cFqsq ... =mutronusa

Chankgeez wrote:I've seen an old Bi-Phase which looks more purplish than the usual blue. :love: Probably just an anomaly though.

They're definitely out there. I'm not sure if it was limited to a a single batch or not, but some of the Bi-Phase & Flanger units absolutely vary in terms of hue. It isn't simply a matter of fading over time.
echorec

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear