PHASE or FLANGE

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: PHASE OR FLANGE

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:45 pm

I didn’t want to donk up the thread but I’m currently on an oscillating filter trip.
It’s competing with my phaser lust.
But I rate univibe over phaser.
Even though it’s an attempt to fake a Leslie.
So, Leslie over all?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:51 pm

odontophobia wrote:I think the Whetstone is probably the only answer (barring Axoloti phasing which I haven’t fucked with yet). Wombtone and Moog Phaser might compete, Chank.

Yeah, Wombtone and Moog are the more expensive options. There must be something slow and cheaper though. :idk: :snax:

Iommic Pope wrote:I didn’t want to donk up the thread but I’m currently on an oscillating filter trip.
It’s competing with my phaser lust.
But I rate univibe over phaser.
Even though it’s an attempt to fake a Leslie.
So, Leslie over all?

Oscillating filter is great too. Love the LAL Cyber Psychic. :love:

I definitely wanna pick up a Uni-Vibe type pedal as soon as I can afford it. I think I like fake Leslies better than real Leslies. At least from a practical standpoint. Fake Leslies are a little more forgiving in their application.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby repoman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 pm

flangers for an 80s kind of feel
phasers for a psychedelic kind of feel
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frodog » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 am

This is the coolest flanger I've ever seen. Apparently it's British, made by Wing Music in the '70s and very rare, so... fuck.

frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ari3lc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 am

Always a phaser guy, but lately I really want a flanger like an old Electric Mistress, or maybe something more unconventional like Spectre from Chase Bliss.
ari3lc

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby friendship » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 am

frodog wrote:This is the coolest flanger I've ever seen. Apparently it's British, made by Wing Music in the '70s and very rare, so... fuck.

oooo wtf
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:12 am

ari3lc wrote:Always a phaser guy, but lately I really want a flanger like an old Electric Mistress, or maybe something more unconventional like Spectre from Chase Bliss.

Get yourself a four knob flanger from the Eighties and start with that.

friendship wrote:
frodog wrote:This is the coolest flanger I've ever seen. Apparently it's British, made by Wing Music in the '70s and very rare, so... fuck.

oooo wtf

:erm:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby friendship » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 am

Chankgeez wrote:
:erm:

:idk:
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 am

Hahaha
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Sounds ace!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Yeah, I dig it! :!!!:

Obviously didn't spend enough time on any of those settings or hit it w/ dirt or anything, just wanted to give some idea of what it sounds like.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Oh man, you have 'er?! What a beautiful coincidence! Sounds sweet too, thanks for the demo. :)*

I was image searching for a chorus/flanger with stereo output and top jacks yesterday, that's how this caught my eye. I had been enjoying the sound of my HM-2 pushed by the Weed Freezer chorus on a low depth setting (that was quite flanger-y), and wanted to find an alternative pedal that could deliver that high frequency gloss/hash? ..but in stereo and easier to stash away than the Weed. Sounds like the Resounder could get close, but it's got its own mojo obv. Anyway, very nice find. I wish I had known of its existence sooner, like when I was a kid so I could have gotten this in the '80s.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm

:thumb: Yep, recently acquired 'er. Haven't tried 'er in stereo yet. :snax: I'm sure she sounds great though.

Been wondering for a long time what these sound like. So, when this one came up for a good price, I snagged 'er.

the switch is a little finnicky and she's a little noisy, but otherwise no complaints.

As I was telling lordgalvar, there's no feedback control (unless it's internal, still haven't looked). It's fixed. The middle knob controls delay time, progressively longer from the ADT through three flanger settings. So, it doesn't get really wild. The basic sound is very nice though. :love: I'm sure it'll sound huge in stereo.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 pm

I feel like if one knob of a four-knob flanger has to be eliminated for whatever reason, feedback/regen is the one I would be least upset to see go.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear