Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue



Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby infamousalien » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 am

infamousalien

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: just outside the Van Allen Belt

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am

Problem not gonna happen scenario that pooped up in my head: OP-amp muff gets made. Billy trashes it just like he did with Devi's Silver Rose, as well as the Rocket. Mike Matthews punches Billy in the face.

Either way, its cool to make the sound readily available for those who want it so kids don't have to pay big money to enjoy it. Would've saved me a lot of money when I was 16.
mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.
Ghost Hip

User avatar
moderator
moderator
 
Posts: 6763
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 am
Location: The Great Lakes

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby Muff_Diver » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 am

Hope it comes in the big box.
Muff_Diver

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:48 am

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 am

One of theeese was for sale last week, but whom wouldn't rather :joy:

Image

Also hoping for punches, but only if astrology is involved :snax:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby infamousalien » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 am

Ghost Hip wrote:Either way, its cool to make the sound readily available for those who want it so kids don't have to pay big money to enjoy it. Would've saved me a lot of money when I was 16.



When I was 16 we all bought Sovtek muffs hoping for that sound because we thought a muff was a muff back in the dark ages of the mid 90's. If this sounds anywhere close and is reasonably priced I'll pick it up just to have around.
infamousalien

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: just outside the Van Allen Belt

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:45 pm

infamousalien wrote:
Ghost Hip wrote:Either way, its cool to make the sound readily available for those who want it so kids don't have to pay big money to enjoy it. Would've saved me a lot of money when I was 16.



When I was 16 we all bought Sovtek muffs hoping for that sound because we thought a muff was a muff back in the dark ages of the mid 90's. If this sounds anywhere close and is reasonably priced I'll pick it up just to have around.


Word, I bought an NYC muff in 06' thinking they were all the same. I actually think on cleaner amps Green Sovtek type muffs get closest to the Siamese Dream rhythm sounds due to how much low end/wall of sound they push out. While the Op-amp provides an easy shortcut to Gish toans.
mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.
Ghost Hip

User avatar
moderator
moderator
 
Posts: 6763
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 am
Location: The Great Lakes

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby GardenoftheDead » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:03 pm

You gotta wonder what made EHX decide to do these reissues all of a sudden.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby aen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:13 pm

um
arent there like 300 IC muffs being made by other companies these days?
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:17 pm

aen wrote:um
arent there like 300 IC muffs being made by other companies these days?


There are also a million KLON clones but the Soul Food is $78. Seems Their general stratagy with these smaller fx is to undercut the competition. If they keep this pedal sub $100 I'd venture to say it will sell very well.
mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.
Ghost Hip

User avatar
moderator
moderator
 
Posts: 6763
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 am
Location: The Great Lakes

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby gnomethrone » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:32 pm

GardenoftheDead wrote:You gotta wonder what made EHX decide to do these reissues all of a sudden.

gotta pay that blurst graphic designer. you think magic like that is free?
Chankgeez wrote:Bottom-shelf components sound fine when you're liquor'd up on well drinks. :snax:
gnomethrone

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 am

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:07 pm

gnomethrone wrote:
GardenoftheDead wrote:You gotta wonder what made EHX decide to do these reissues all of a sudden.

gotta pay that blurst graphic designer. you think magic like that is free?

:lol:
MechaGodzilla

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 am

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby retinal orbita » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:55 pm

The Blurst is beautiful man.... however they are taking their sweet time to hit the used market. I still don't have a beautiful Blurst due to my award winning habit of never buying new pedals....
retinal orbita

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: East end Toronto

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby GardenoftheDead » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:56 pm

I like the idea of the Blurst but to be honest, I've got Max For Live so I kinda don't need it
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 pm

GardenoftheDead wrote:I like the idea of the _______ but to be honest, I've got Max For Live so I kinda don't need it


ftfy.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
damnableman wrote:If you want to program it and build it and then sell it to me at a cost that in no way reflects the volume of labor you had to put into it, I'm in.
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 27073
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Billy Corgan/EHX Op Amp Muff reissue

Postby actualidiot » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Since I joined this forum, the amount of Billy Corgan in my life has gone up way past what I'm comfortable with.
lost in music wrote:I hear that you and your band have sold your Tall Font Russians and bought Green Russian Reissues
I hear that you and your band have sold your Green Russian Reissues and bought Tall Font Russians

https://soundcloud.com/actualidiot
https://www.instagram.com/actualskander
actualidiot

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Denmark

Next

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Derelict78, gnomethrone, Iommic Pope, oscillofuzz, vidret and 13 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.