RMA TOURBOX : First Review On Page 4

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: RMA tourbox

Postby crochambeau » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Does anyone currently have the tourbox?

No, I have not yet released the tourbox into the wild. The reason for this is a combination of being busy and having optimization urges with respect to the circuits. I'm forcing myself to suck it up and make it happen in the very near future.

International box will be a different set of the same builds, and I expect for a short while at least there will be two simultaneous boxes on different ends of the earth.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frodog » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

crochambeau wrote:
frodog wrote:Is this going to Norway and can I if so get in on it?

Yes and yes, at this rate of speed the international box is beginning of 2018.

vidret wrote:Let me just say I’ve never tried your stuff but each and every one of them seems ducking bad-ass, and I hope to own something by you one day.

:rock: :hug:

Awesome! I will be ready. Planning a demo video.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 pm

I went and checked out your website.. and I can say that I'm very excited to see this box. Your offerings seem pretty unique. What does the "supercharger" do? I'm guessing a boost for more volume, but you never know.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:49 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:I went and checked out your website.. and I can say that I'm very excited to see this box. Your offerings seem pretty unique. What does the "supercharger" do? I'm guessing a boost for more volume, but you never know.

Thanks! I try and stay a particular course with the builds, veering wide of tried and tested circuits. This has benefits and downfalls. I do need to update my website a bit.

Are you referring to the supercharger switch I mention on the Mudlark page? As I recall, that tilted the gain on an early stage up while shifting the bias point of the latter fuzz stage down (it got too sputtery with delicate signals, which the jump in gain remedied), plus I want to say there was a connection to a feedback path that placed it in apeshit territory at extreme control settings... but my memory is foggy on that particular build.

The Mudlark in particular is a design that has not yet reached a satisfactory level of completion.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Very cool. Yeah that's what I was referring to. I definitely like anything that has any features best described with words like "apeshit".. I also really like that you offer versions of pedals. 3 4 or 5 knobs, lots of fun. And while I'm over here fluffing I might as well also say I love the finishes on your boxes. They all look so great. I've been using Sharpie on my clones for labeling, or printed mailing labels .. but the ones I have made that are blank I feel look the best. I'm a fan of your stuff. Hope the box makes it here!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:23 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Hope the box makes it here!

It will, just a matter of time.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 pm

I’d like to hop on the bandwagon
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:28 am

Mudlark is a blast. It's a hard one to describe/capture though. Tons of sounds in it though and it responds well to being later in the chain. I think the supercharger in blue mode adds subs to like osc fuzz in a lot of settings.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 am

Sounds like I should earmark a Mudlark for the next one.

JonnyAngle wrote:I’d like to hop on the bandwagon

You're on. I'll PM you once the box has begun its journey to collect details.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 pm

I'm really excited to try the Monobius.. I love me some ring mod. It sounds glorious.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm

:rock: really looking forward to this. I have a feeling I'm going to record a bunch of harsh noise trax with these :evil:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:33 am

RMA TOURBOX has made it to Thailand and i have been testing it out the past few days. I took notes as i was playing through spending time with them all, and will organise them into a review this week. All of my recording equipment is still in boxes, but i hope that a written review will be okay anyways. Review coming soon....

good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby fuzzonaut » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 am

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 am

:love: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby calfzilla » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:51 am

this ought to be good :evil:
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear