RMA TOURBOX : First Review On Page 4

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: RMA TOURBOX : First Review On Page 4

Postby crochambeau » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Jwar wrote:This coming to me last still? That the plan? ;)

You're pretty early on the list, but if you want the last slot and are willing to wait for it that can be arranged.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:07 pm

THE APPARATUS HAS LANDED… :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby resincum » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:49 pm

crochambeau wrote:Another edit to the first post for information.

crochambeau wrote:PACKING:

Turns out this is a pretty tight fit. I have included instructions written inside the crate lining regarding getting the pack to this point, stuff is snug & the cardboard wedges will help:

Building a shelf for the tetanus booster:

..with a loose chunk of foam to support things a little

mudlark section foam needs to be pushed into the upper right hand corner as shown (jacks away)

Almost finished...

...and done

This crate then slips right into the USPS large flat rate box (which is good, because this is not a light weight construction). It will be in the hands of the postal service heading toward Chankgeez tomorrow morning.

:drool: :love: :drool: I am excited :group:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Chankgeez wrote:THE APPARATUS HAS LANDED… :snax:

Apparati?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:18 pm

APP-ARE-ATE-US!!!
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby crochambeau » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:47 pm

:lol:

Have fun! Hopefully I didn't break any switches in transit this time (it occurred to me to be worried about the right-most waveshape switch on the stone splitter, after it had shipped)

Ah, me. HAHAHAHA
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Solid packing job! :)*

All these run at 9V center negative? (I know the Tetanus Booster can take more than that.)
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:45 pm

They're all set up for 9 volt center negative. They can take more or less (and are all diode protected in case of PSU mishap), but some (crustacean in particular) might not behave as designed on other voltages. I'd feel comfortable running any of them up to 18, ask me if you're curious about more and I'll perform some tests back here.

There's healthy output levels available on a 9 volt supply, so watch out if you're playing around with the feed. None of these have an opamp in the signal path, so you're probably not going to earn any headroom by overvolting them, but I admit I have not spent a lot of time messing around with that aspect of use.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks, Curtis!

Mostly dippin' my toe in so far with the Crustacean and the Tetanus Booster. Will have something to report soon.

(To everyone else: I've already got a Monobius, I'm currently borrowing lordgalvar's Mudlark & I've fooled a bit w/ Dandolin's Tetanus Booster.)
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:11 pm

I'd be interested in hearing about a shootout between the Mudlarks. I don't have an early version on hand to compare, I recall having consistency challenges with the earlier version. Topology is fundamentally similar, but there were evolutions in the two year lull.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:46 am

And, of course, you have to put them all in a chain together and get a clip of that.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:21 am

Mudlark! V1 is great. Excited to see how they are different.

Try running a compressor before the mudlark (any will work, just basically changing the envelope of the guitar, I used a cheap pigtronix or dod 280). It stabilized some of the settings. It worked well after pedals and still felt responsive compared to many other fuzzes.

Have a crustacean v1.2 semi-custom (I think), dirty doper, monobius, and tetanus booster here at the house. Love all of them.

I can verify that crustacean acts differently at 12v (which is what mine is designed for iirc) vs 9v. Not that it really has any bearing.on the current version. It's a great distortion on synths.

The cracked glass jewels are awesome too. Don't know if you still offer that crochambeau, but it's a pretty option.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 am

I will do all of those thangs. :snax: :thumb: :hug:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:08 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:And, of course, you have to put them all in a chain together and get a clip of that.

I highly encourage stringing them together!

lordgalvar wrote:The cracked glass jewels are awesome too. Don't know if you still offer that crochambeau, but it's a pretty option.

I'll still build 'em, but it's currently by request only. I decided I'd like to use them as standard with an overly ambitious build, which means it'll be a while. I'm also thinking about talking to a machine shop about running me out some bezels to support that idea, as they are they're fairly labor intensive as is.

lordgalvar wrote:Try running a compressor before the mudlark (any will work, just basically changing the envelope of the guitar, I used a cheap pigtronix or dod 280). It stabilized some of the settings. It worked well after pedals and still felt responsive compared to many other fuzzes.

Sticking a compressor in front of the current mudlark will probably reap similar benefits.

Chankgeez wrote:I will do all of those thangs. :snax: :thumb: :hug:

:rock:

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:04 pm

I'm gonna miss these when I pass 'em along. This's been a very fun tourbox.

Quick comparisons:

The tourbox Mudlark is much louder than lordgalvar's. (They each have their advantages.)

My Monobius has much more carrier bleed than the one in the tourbox. (The bleed in the tourbox one is very quiet by comparison.)
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear