/* (edit 10th November, 2018) PLEASE NOTE
due to the situation with the loss of JWAR's tourbox I want to be 100% clear here:
Participants will be responsible for large flat rate box priority mail fees to the next person in line, ADDITIONAL INSURANCE is not required
. In my mind most of the value I have invested in these has already been balanced by reviews and demos. */
Turns out this is a tight fit. I have included instructions written inside the crate lining regarding getting the pack to this point:
Building a shelf for the tetanus booster:
..with a loose chunk of foam to support things a little
mudlark section foam needs to be pushed into the upper right hand corner as shown (jacks away)
I'm jumping into the TOURBOX deep end.
It will include a Tetanus Booster, a Monobius, a Crustacean brick noise source, and an early stages (read as: experimental) Stone Splitter for your amusement.
None of above pictured will be involved, but it is a representation of what will be included, naturally the Stone Splitter at right will be inside an enclosure of some sort..
The Tetanus Booster will include two optional mode switches, standard TB sound is both of those switches in the down position.
The Monobius will be of the three switch variety, and include an optional expression jack that replaces the frequency/filter knob with a foot treadle or external knob when TRS cable is plugged in (not included, use your own expression stuff does not take CV, sorry).
The Crustacean brick is a source only device, probably a novelty unless you like to make HNW.
The Stone Splitter is in very early stages of development. I'm including it as a sort of acid test, the results of which will determine my inclusion of incomplete or highly experimental designs in future tourboxes. I invite ruthless critique on this (and the rest).
If interested comment here, when I'm in ledger brain mode I'll PM for deets unless you've PM'd me first. By now I think we all know how these things go, but to recap:
1) Shipping to the next participant is on your dime, I expect these will fit nicely in a flat rate large for domestic. International is going to be in a different box, and either take place after the domestic or be different builds depending.. we'll form up a subset of details for that if any of you global kooks want to get in on the fun.
2) Inclusion in the tourbox is entirely up to management (at this point: me, but others may be involved at some point) but roughly speaking:
---- a) you are a familiar member in decent standing
---- b) somewhat healthy post history, either in quantity or quality. Say a rough baseline of 200 count/quality is subjective
---- c) have a voucher that meets the above
3) Information provided to me will be:
4) You'll get a week to hang out with the box, after which it's on its merry way.
5) About a week before it's slated to be shipped to you there will be a confirmation of address/interest, in the event of no or delayed response to either PM or email your slot in the line will revert to last or you'll be skipped entirely depending on weather or other.
If nothing else, I'd love a little feedback on the builds.
My plan is to get this thing rolling middle range of October. As always, any questions just give me a shout.
Monobius (URL points to slightly larger image):https://imgur.com/Q7jSCWUhttps://i.imgur.com/zvmhG6Y.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/Uw9qJBT.jpg
The Tetanus Booster doesn't have an info-graphic yet, but it's a two knob build...
Gain at left, volume at right, left switch is a high boost, mid-right switch is high gain/fuzz mode... the inner of the two outputs switches OFF when the effect is bypassed.
Last edited by crochambeau
on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:24 am, edited 4 times in total.