Moog MF Boost?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Moog MF Boost?

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:27 pm

anyone have one, used it on bass have thoughts?

How powerful is the tone control?
does it TAKE fuzz good?
what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Re: Moog MF Boost?

Postby friendship » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:41 pm

It sounds really colorful in the videos. I wonder how it is on bass and synth and drum machine and stuff.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European? :animal:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European? :animal:

Mangrove
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Almost looks purple:

I say, get the boost! :!!!: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Almost looks purple:

I say, get the boost! :!!!: :snax:

Well I want to... but I am weighing it against the Henretta Engineering Mr. White Tweak Boost... I just feel the moog can maybe handle my psychotic signal chain better.. maybe...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:23 pm

You like the Moog, I'm a little more ambivalent. :idk:

I haven't tried the Moog Boost, but the Moog Drive I had boasted a very powerful tone control.

Perhaps too powerful for me. It colored the sound too much for my liking. Also, wasn't good w/ fuzz. :idk:

So, as usual, I'm no help. :hello:

(Also, I will not embalm myself. :hobbes: )
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Chankgeez wrote:You like the Moog, I'm a little more ambivalent. :idk:

I haven't tried the Moog Boost, but the Moog Drive I had boasted a very powerful tone control.

Perhaps too powerful for me. It colored the sound too much for my liking. Also, wasn't good w/ fuzz. :idk:

So, as usual, I'm no help. :hello:

No this is helpful. I'm pretty sure the tone control is the same it just don't have the filter..
When you say wasn't good with fuzz do you mean pre or post or both? [I overhauling how I am using my dirt setup so I am trying a lot of stuff out interns of chain]
Basically I want to do two things, boost for a big "rock" sound and drive my envelope filter harder for synth sounds.. :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Well, it just took away too much of the character of the fuzz it was being used with (either before or after). I couldn't find a way to get them to work nicely together. I like fuzz + filter just as much as anyone else. (Actually, probably more than most people.) I found the Moog Drive to be too colorful a drive/filter for fuzzes though. I wanted a slightly more neutral sounding filter/drive to pair with 'em. If I remember correctly, it was really loud too. It'll probably work well to drive an envelope filter. I didn't try the Drive in that application. Probably should've. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nshuman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Mosfed had one and he had issues with it popping. Nobody I know who tested it on bass had great things to say about it.
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 pm

nshuman wrote:Mosfed had one and he had issues with it popping. Nobody I know who tested it on bass had great things to say about it.

Popping isn't a issue for me.. what are the other issues they had? Keep in mind I am not going to use this for a light OD.. I have a OD.. I have too many ODs actually.. my use for a boost is to boost things..

I'm use my radial if it had a EQ.. and sadly my Dirtychan/Cleanchan just brought about squeals and other angry complaints :grumpy:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby nshuman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
nshuman wrote:Mosfed had one and he had issues with it popping. Nobody I know who tested it on bass had great things to say about it.

Popping isn't a issue for me.. what are the other issues they had? Keep in mind I am not going to use this for a light OD.. I have a OD.. I have too many ODs actually.. my use for a boost is to boost things..

I'm use my radial if it had a EQ.. and sadly my Dirtychan/Cleanchan just brought about squeals and other angry complaints :grumpy:

Mostly tone issues. Not transparent enough, not the taste they wanted, etc. Just no great reviews. Might be awesome, just no great reviews.
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:17 pm

So your saying for my intention things might end up good then [sorry been a member of TB too long not to know you are always suppose to do the opposite of anything posted there.. like DB strings... do you have any idea how much misinformation there is on those... by the Mod...]
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby nshuman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:So your saying for my intention things might end up good then [sorry been a member of TB too long not to know you are always suppose to do the opposite of anything posted there.. like DB strings... do you have any idea how much misinformation there is on those... by the Mod...]

Well, the people that did not like it on TB are the extremely limited people that are not on my ignore list over there, so who knows.

As for DB strings, I've always found that black ice fishing wire worked best.
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:28 pm

nshuman wrote:As for DB strings, I've always found that black ice fishing wire worked best.

:lol: naw dude you have to spend at least 4 times what you do on pedal on upright strings.. it's just how it is :lol:

But I get you, I think I'll give a a wirl post my results or something... also I need to expand this thread idea more... too many thoughts..
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Next

Return to General Gear