Bass preamp pedals with dry out

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Bass preamp pedals with dry out

Postby rickenbastard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:have u peeped the mxr m80?

i like my m81. which is similar minus the distortion and parallel output. nice preamp/eq

This gets my vote too. It sounds really good.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby ognoy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 pm

frodog wrote:Rustybox is basically what I desire the most, but isn't the line out on that real hot/low impedance? Like I worry that it's going to drive pedals too hard, like there's no way to have a separate clean chain.

I think the line out of the Rusty Box is just a really hot version og the effected signal, som not a det out. But I think you best bet would be a splitter, then you can decide I you want to split the signal before or after the preamp.
Then you can use whatever preamp/dirt you want.
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frodog » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Yeah, it's true I could basically get a buffered splitter, it would at least be smaller than the offboard pedal I use now. Then I could get any preamp for less than an all-in-one pedal, anyway. Honestly it depends on what's most cost-effective and available at the time in the future where it is auspicious to purchase said item, in some contition, somehow.. at some point.

MXR is possible, never owned any of their stuff before. Vulcan XL seems cool. It looks like.. it's red.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 pm

frodog wrote:Yeah, it's true I could basically get a buffered splitter, it would at least be smaller than the offboard pedal I use now. Then I could get any preamp for less than an all-in-one pedal, anyway. Honestly it depends on what's most cost-effective and available at the time in the future where it is auspicious to purchase said item, in some contition, somehow.. at some point.

MXR is possible, never owned any of their stuff before. Vulcan XL seems cool. It looks like.. it's red.

I use an RJM Tone Saver in my bass rig to split off after my tuner. They're nice and small and reasonably priced compared to lots of other isolated splitters. Its a surprisingly expensive bit of infrastructure.

https://reverb.com/item/1072209-new-rjm ... d-splitter
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear