Small monitors w decent bass for tabletop setup?

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: Small monitors w decent bass for tabletop setup?

Postby GardenoftheDead » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:21 pm

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MixCubesAct

Frankly it's gonna be hard to find deep bass at the sizes we're speaking of but these sound pretty killer.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ev_O))) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 am

popvulture wrote:Oh damn, didn't realize Adam had a line that affordable. :thumb:

YEAH FUCKIN I've been putting of buying monitors for years and just heading into the studio for mixing when my shit gets to that point but I'd love to have a reference point at home for the actual composition part of it all and fuck these look really cool...
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

experienced
experienced

Postby mcatano » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:53 am

I've been really happy with the iLoud micro monitors for both home recording and general listening. They're a little pricier than the low-end m-audio/etc stuff, but imo they do sound noticeably better without getting into the $500+ price range.
mcatano

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby rustywire » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 pm

GardenoftheDead wrote:https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MixCubesAct

Frankly it's gonna be hard to find deep bass at the sizes we're speaking of but these sound pretty killer.

Yeah it's kind of a fool's errand. I think it's a better option to get nearfields that bottom out about 40-50hz with a few on-board curve & crossover options [part of why I dig the 305s so much] then add a subwoofer to handle the 20-100hz range. Good cans are also most helpful for crucial listen tests and comparison.
[B/S/Ts] :whoa: Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Happiness ... >pour a sip of something for twang & psyvam
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:50 pm

just get the yamahas... i use mine as monitors for playing bass just like you want to use whatever you get pv.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross
waltdogg

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actualidiot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Well, I also use the Adam's for playing bass, and not only do they sound good for that, the 7" woofers in mine shake the room. And no, you aren't going to get super deep bass in any entry-level desktop monitors around 400$, but he's askng for "decent" bass. Subs are always a good idea, if you're just playing and not mixing.
lost in music wrote:I hear that you and your band have sold your Tall Font Russians and bought Green Russian Reissues
I hear that you and your band have sold your Green Russian Reissues and bought Tall Font Russians

insta: __actual
soundcloud: actualidiot
actualidiot

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:42 am

GardenoftheDead wrote:https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MixCubesAct

I have a mixcube and will usually get a mono mix using it before I go to the Neumanns/JBLs. But I don't think I would recommend it for playing instruments. It's meant more for hearing mixes as many might hear them: Without serious bass on a mediocre listening system.
manymanyhaha

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear