Haters gonna hate: BOSS collaborates with JHS

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Haters gonna hate: BOSS collaborates with JHS

Postby rustywire » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:37 am

bennroe wrote:
rustywire wrote:I fully support the right of a business owner to refuse serving anyone at their sole discretion, if they aren't in the business of providing necessities and/or state-run institutions/infrastructure/transit etc. There are no shortage of consumers with bad attitudes abusing retail and service workers out of entitlement, apathy or malice... some who will go so far as to threaten their jobs in order to save a few bucks...or manufacture controversy to grandstand on a dubious political narrative.

I own a retail store, so I know all about that. I've had to deal with ex-employees and customers alike engaging in both the manufacture of controversy and grandstanding on dubious political narratives. None of that gives me the right to deny service to an entire class of people. I've definitely refused service to people before, but always based on their individual actions.

We agree there. It is important to remember every transaction is isolated and each individual is not a diplomat or representative of *their class*. Also people who go into business to deny service to entire groups...dont tend to stay in business, as shutting yourself of from market demand is counterproductive on top of being morally unbecoming [and illegal].
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:20 pm

When will Boss answer for their complicity in the Khmer Rouge
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:more and more ILF is turning into southpark

Boring and not funny anymore?

Rabble rabble rabble
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 pm

codetocontra wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:more and more ILF is turning into southpark

Boring and not funny anymore?

Rabble rabble rabble

Yep.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby rustywire » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Back on topic re: the pedal
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 pm

On a lighter note, this thread reminded me I needed to pick up a Boneshaker so I got one off reverb for cheap.

Thanks ILF.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby GardenoftheDead » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Not gonna hate, just not gonna buy it. There's perfectly good BD-2s littering pawn shops, GC, craigslist, eBay and Reverb already.

As far as the whole conservative grandstanding on ERMAGAWD MAH BUSINESS RIGHTS, the country is run by a clown who was born into undeserved wealth and has failed upward his entire life. I don't think business rights are in jeopardy.

As far as the rights of Christians, ask that one Islamic group who had the audacity to try and build a community center in NYC how they feel about "Christian oppression."

JHS is run by a sniveling little weasel who tries to Jesus his way out of every controversy he causes. so he gets no sympathy, especially not for donating to death cults trying to kill gays in Uganda because their "kill the fags" campaign fell out of style in America. Even if he was ignorant of that, the internet fucking existed when his contributions occurred and he could have found out.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 pm

You know what, I can't hate on this. I mean, good for him for getting in with the big dogs. Do I like everything about JHS? No. Will I shit on him for this. No.

Josh actually invited me to his shop. If anyone wants me to ask him anything to clear the air, I'd be more than happy to do it. I know him and I won't see eye to eye on everything, but it's worth checking out. The two times I've met him, he was a really nice guy.

I don't know anything about the Uganda thing. I'll have to look into that more. It sounds kind of nuts. I know they do shit like that, but I find it hard to believe he was directly involved with something like. I could be totally fucking wrong though. Won't know until I ask.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:40 pm

GardenoftheDead wrote:so he gets no sympathy, especially not for donating to death cults trying to kill gays in Uganda because their "kill the fags" campaign fell out of style in America. Even if he was ignorant of that, the internet fucking existed when his contributions occurred and he could have found out.

See, AFAIK, he didn't "donate to death cults".
He donated to a church.
For all we know, that money might've gone towards buying the church band a new amp, or making a playground, or giving a scholarship.
But, there are claims that someone at IHOPKC donated money in support of a bill in Uganda. Not death cults, per se.
Bear in mind, pretty much all of this is related to a documentary about the Uganda situation, something the church directly responded to.
Are they full of shit? Dunno. :idk:
Since jwar has direct connections to the church (through your uncle?), he can get us real information rather than hearsay on that whole thing.

All things considered, the connection between JHS and Uganda was always tenuous, at best.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:19 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
GardenoftheDead wrote:so he gets no sympathy, especially not for donating to death cults trying to kill gays in Uganda because their "kill the fags" campaign fell out of style in America. Even if he was ignorant of that, the internet fucking existed when his contributions occurred and he could have found out.

See, AFAIK, he didn't "donate to death cults".
He donated to a church.
For all we know, that money might've gone towards buying the church band a new amp, or making a playground, or giving a scholarship.
But, there are claims that someone at IHOPKC donated money in support of a bill in Uganda. Not death cults, per se.
Bear in mind, pretty much all of this is related to a documentary about the Uganda situation, something the church directly responded to.
Are they full of shit? Dunno. :idk:
Since jwar has direct connections to the church (through your uncle?), he can get us real information rather than hearsay on that whole thing.

All things considered, the connection between JHS and Uganda was always tenuous, at best.

I personally know Mike Bickle as well as several other leaders in the IHOP church. Do I like them? Fuck no. Do I believe they would donate money knowing to something like that? Fuck no.

I can ask my Uncle straight out about this. He has been friends with Mike for over 35 years.

Josh was associated with IHOP as a band ministry leader. I have had this verified. He played music there. Was he a part of the church? Yes, of course. He had to be in order to play there. Did he believe in what they believe? Probably.

So, it's kind of a he said she said thing. I don't know if we'd ever know the full truth. Uganda is a very corrupt place. They could have take money that was meant for wells, orphanages, food...etc and used it for whatever they wanted. They have been known to do that.

Kind of a side note here but I got invited to Kenya a few months ago by a man who we helped build wells with. My dad started a charity when he owned Dickinson Theatres and they used the money to put wells in the ground so people didn't have to walk a hundred miles for fresh water. I declined out of fear.

Anyway, I cannot advocate for Josh or the Ihop church, but I'm going to say that I'm starting to believe he's done with the church. The church would find out he's released statements saying he's done with them and they would ban him, so I tend to believe him now on that front.

As far as the pedal is concerned, it's not something I'd use, but I'll try it at GC. Why not?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:24 pm

What is ihop? Pancakes for Christ?
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:What is ihop? Pancakes for Christ?

I think so. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:24 am

Mudfuzz wrote:What is ihop? Pancakes for Christ?

Well, he was battered.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:24 am

So wait, JHS is cloning a cake now?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:46 am

GWFH wrote:JHS pretty cool they do good stuff good peds

V :no: V
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear