DBAFX/LIMITED SNACKS

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: DBAFX/LIMITED SNACKS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Yeah, in the case of the Exit Index, the depth appears to be connected to an envelope, so when you play harder, the tremolo isn't as pronounced as when you play lighter. I haven't attempted to trace it out from the pictures Grooms/DBA posted over the last few months of the PCB, but I assume the dirt is post-tremolo so the effect is even more noticeable than it otherwise might be.

Personally, I've always had trouble with tremolos, and preferred stereo panning over conventional tremolo effects. Add to that, I already have a Slicer, so the programmed type tremolo (which I'm not particularly fond of to begin with) of the Mattoverse isn't a selling point to me, anyway.

Something I didn't even think about, though, is that the perceived envelope effect was actually just the utilization of the expression input. :?:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:05 pm

I think the Antichthon fuzz from Catalinbread is similar, I found a schematic for this type of effect of a fuzz tremolo that reacted to playing dynamics in some old electronics hobbyist magazine from the early 80s a while ago, I wonder if they are based on this project. I can't remember the magazine or name of the project unfortunately.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:49 am

https://deathbyaudio.com/collections/mo ... 3954138143
oh wait just saw this..... Image
anyways, Image :wha?:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:50 am

comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:59 am

mk2 price not announced yet from what I heard on the video, but the deep animation is 270.

edit; has the fucking evil filter always been 380? fucking hell....

mk2 looks sweet probably because its some one elses baby.... otherwise their new atheistic is fucking cornswagglehornswoggle , you see that DEEP ani graphic, remind me of the raster with the little music symbols even the print is the same, I think dba wants to have a child with red panda...they should fuck.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am

so weird, "andy with reverb" :eek: wakka wakka)))
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 am

comesect2.0 wrote:video https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/ ... mkii-demos fucking adds.

Love when the dude asks whats under the hood of the mkii. :lol: "uhhh some ICs some transistors and stuff" Dude, it makes you sound gnarly af who cares!
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:04 pm

&

sounds like a flea choking on its own throwup.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:Love when the dude asks whats under the hood of the mkii. :lol: "uhhh some ICs some transistors and stuff" Dude, it makes you sound gnarly af who cares!

Plus, it's not like he'd have any fucking clue what Oliver was talking about if he told him since it's not like he's gonna respond with, "oh, just a nice little 4558 and some well-known germanium transistors".
The Evil Filter uses a filter IC no one's ever fucking heard of so they just introduced it as, "we just took these chips from an MRI machine". :lol:
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:57 pm

vidret wrote:When he says it like that, it sounds like he just opened the drawer and took whatever was lying there without looking and soldered it onto the board :lol:

I'm pretty sure that's actually how they prototype new designs. :lol:
I have folders of schematics and gutshots of theirs and sometimes I wonder how most of their stuff even works (for example, dminner has a pedal where they literally took a populated Crash Modulator board and chopped it in half).
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Since this got buried in the NAMM thread - the Pinned exclusive pre-order pedal:

Here's hoping that the final model has a extra hole or two drilled just like the mockup! :surprise:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dminner » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
vidret wrote:When he says it like that, it sounds like he just opened the drawer and took whatever was lying there without looking and soldered it onto the board :lol:

I'm pretty sure that's actually how they prototype new designs. :lol:
I have folders of schematics and gutshots of theirs and sometimes I wonder how most of their stuff even works (for example, dminner has a pedal where they literally took a populated Crash Modulator board and chopped it in half).

I think that is how they have always designed. Find a large lot of some particular part for cheap and then decided what he can make with said parts haha.

The pedal jrfox is referring to is my favorite DBA pedal I own. And the guts, while insane are kinda why I love DBA. I'm gonna fucking cut this populated board in half and just keep building haha. That's some mad scientist stuff right there.
Attachments
assault2.jpg
assault2.jpg (41.23 KiB) Viewed 2169 times
Last edited by dminner on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dminner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dminner » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:Here's hoping that the final model has a extra hole or two drilled just like the mockup! :surprise:

I am also hoping for the recycled enclosure with extra holes. It is in the spirit of old DBA.
dminner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zzuFrepuS » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 am

dminner wrote:
I think that is how they have always designed. Find a large lot of some particular part for cheap and then decided what he can make with said parts haha.

The pedal jrfox is referring to is my favorite DBA pedal I own. And the guts, while insane are kinda why I love DBA. I'm gonna fucking cut this populated board in half and just keep building haha. That's some mad scientist stuff right there.

is that the full range sonic assault? anyone get one of the business card PCB's?
zzuFrepuS

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:20 am

zzuFrepuS wrote:is that the full range sonic assault? anyone get one of the business card PCB's?

Yes.
There's an imgur up of both sides on a Reddit thread about it.
I've been busy with work and other stuff to get around to tracing it, though. All I know is that it's got a diode ring in it.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear