Companies to avoid for "reasons". Confine hate postin' here

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Companies to avoid for "reasons". Confine hate postin' h

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:29 pm

rickenbastard wrote: I’d be more responsive if it was Matt Pike.

Matt Pike, shirtless and glistening, holding a pair of kt88's where his testicles would be and smiling all big and throwing up the horns with his other hand. Maybe photoshop some hair on the tubes.

What would the tag line be?
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 pm

"HEAVIEST PAIR YOU'VE EVER HELD"

"THE FAMILY JEWELS OF AMPLIFICATION"

"HEY CHECK OUT DEEZ..." "DEEZ WHAT?" "DEEZ TUBES IN YERRRR AAAAAMP HUR HUR HUR!!"
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rickenbastard » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:46 pm

gnomethrone wrote:

Matt Pike, shirtless and glistening, holding a pair of kt88's where his testicles would be and smiling all big and throwing up the horns with his other hand. Maybe photoshop some hair on the tubes.

Damn. You’re makin’ me wanna buy some tubes right now!
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 am

Ugly Nora wrote:Maybe they are doing it for far less nefarious reasons, like it sells gear? You don't think a company is smart enough to know which of their ads generate the most sales? Music companies exist to make money, not to be champions of the liberal PC agenda.
[/quote]

Honestly, no. Maybe the huge companies but the small fry, the type of companies still selling to people who believe their NOS RCA tube is magical compared to that NOS Sylvania? They're running shit they would like to see because they think their customers are just like them.

Small businesses are, generally speaking, fucking lost when it comes to PR/social media and advertising.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:32 am

gnomethrone wrote:

"Kinkless, but definitely not Dinkless. These tubes will carry the load!"
:picard:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:27 am

Chankgeez wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:It’s not even an ad for anything.
Why would anyone do that?
“What’s your pitch, Barry? That hoagie account needs landing in an hour!”
“Tits.”
“Fuck it. That’ll do.”

The most frightening part of this is that you think it was created by an ad agency. :lol: :wha?: :evil:

Good point. It was probably in house.
“So, we gotta come up with something for the new bus shelter ads...”
“Ugh, I dunno. I’m just burnt out thinking about my daughter. She’s constantly stressing about starting a modelling career. I just wish she’d set her sights on something more stable.”
“Is this your, uh, good looking daughter?”
“Well, yeah I mean, you know, I guess. I just worry about her future. It’s not a stable industry.”
“Let’s help her out.”

BetterOffShred wrote:
gnomethrone wrote:

If it was Pike, it’s be: “You know I choose to avoid pen

"Kinkless, but definitely not Dinkless. These tubes will carry the load!"
:picard:

“I’m Matt Pike, I choose to melt faces with these tubes, because they emit harmonic frequencies that help keep the reptilian underlords from reading my thoughts. If you want to summon a world ending dragon and begin an apocalypse that will disrupt their plan for complete domination of the human soul, then you need to fuckin buy these as well. Otherwise, loosen up your asshole and get ready to take a barbed snake dick, you traitor to humankind.”
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weebles » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:16 am

I mean, I don’t know a single person who has a subscription to a single solitary form of physical media. So I just assume the magazine subscribers are all boomers who respond to this shit.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:34 am

I was about to say that we have a subscription to the New Yorker but then I realized it’s my mother in laws, and she is a baby boomer.

I tried to get a physical subscription to She Shreds but I couldn’t figure it out.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lost in music » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:12 am

01010111 wrote:What do you think the going rate is for professional protestors? If the price is right, I might be willing to offer my services. Or, if the price is right, I could stage my own protest to bring back the McRib.

And I will counter-protest in support of bringing back the McDLT
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby Paul_C » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 am

Compared to a Tokai ad. from the 80s that I still have as a scan somewhere (I won't distress you all by posting it ;) ) those ladies in bikinis are positively respectable.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:28 am

You know if Tube Depot tried that Matt Pike approach, Gene Simmons would materialize and sue them for using "family jewels" (technically jewelz, but Gene don't care, he's all about profits)
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 am

I don't want to get too involved in this and I already stated my initial thoughts on Discord, but I think that the reasoning behind this type of advertisement is that if you look at the past century, it has work quite well.

Does that make it ok? Well, I guess that depends on your moral compass and how you view the world. In my opinion, no, but I understand how some folks may think it is.

As a culture, we've really started to turn a new leaf, some are adapting and moving forward, others are not. The sex sells thing worked far better in the 80's and 90's than it does in the 2000's. People are more conscious of others feelings and want to consider them more. We are more about equality (at least I think we are) than about being down on people.

So, if this ad would have been presented to me in a Guitar World Magazine in 1998, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Now? I don't agree that it's sexist, but I do think it's inappropriate for selling what they are selling. If they were selling bikini's, well then, duh, do that.

Look at Hardy's commercials for instance. They sexualized a hamburger for crying out loud. It's always some super attractive women eating it in what appears to be a provocative manner. Has this helped their sales? I would think it has because they have been doing those ads for years and years now. Does it make me want Hardee's? Fuck no. It's gross in more ways than one.

My wife and I spoke about this last night because I wanted a woman's perspective (I only talked to male's on Discord about it). She said that she doesn't think it's sexist but it's disgusting, unnecessary and inappropriate.

The reason I keep reiterating the the sexist part of this is simple. See the definition-

"relating to or characterized by prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex"

I don't see it as prejudice, stereotyping or discriminating. I just see it as disgraceful for the company to do that.

I've changed the way I feel about this over night after talking with my wife too. Before talking to her, I just didn't see the issue really, but I'm a man who is kind of oblivious at times. I don't mean to be, I just am.

I'm not sure if I'm adding much to the convo here, but that's my thoughts.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 am

Iommic Pope wrote:Good point. It was probably in house.
“So, we gotta come up with something for the new bus shelter ads...”
“Ugh, I dunno. I’m just burnt out thinking about my daughter. She’s constantly stressing about starting a modelling career. I just wish she’d set her sights on something more stable.”
“Is this your, uh, good looking daughter?”
“Well, yeah I mean, you know, I guess. I just worry about her future. It’s not a stable industry.”
“Let’s help her out.”

I think we need to form a band called "The Hoagie Account" now. :idk: :poke: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 am

I like Pope's interpretation. Lots of optimism in that hoagie related cause. Next time I go to Philly I will snap a pick of the Primo Hoagie Girls Poster (it's probably not there any more...which is fine).

Has anyone avoided a company because they "scared the customers"? Like the CEO, got dressed up as a monster and snuck up on people?
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:58 am

I'm wondering if "Primo" was their slang for hot babes before they founded the sandwich shop. "Hey Vinnie, get a loada those primos!"
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear