EQD Data Corrupter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: EQD Data Corrupter

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:35 am

dandy13 wrote:Got mine: fun pedal! Like ghost hip was saying, it was suprisingly easy to dial some good sounds straight away but I feel like I've barely scratched the surface

How'd you get that killer blacked out one?

Also, his name is fucking Pumpkin Pieces! Fuck you Jared!! You don't own my mind!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:20 am

:lol:
Yeah that is sexy.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dandy13 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:39 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
How'd you get that killer blacked out one?

Also, his name is fucking Pumpkin Pieces! Fuck you Jared!! You don't own my mind!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EQD has been doing launch parties locally for their last few releases and they will usually have some custom color options. I’ve got a pretty cool looking blue transmisser too.
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 pm

I would have been all over this 4 years ago.
Now I'm too jaded on PLL things to work out if I actually have gas for this or not.

But maybe it's cool? I think?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ghost Hip » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:36 pm

goroth wrote:I would have been all over this 4 years ago.
Now I'm too jaded on PLL things to work out if I actually have gas for this or not.

But maybe it's cool? I think?

I honestly never grasped what a PLL did until this came out. :lol: Thats partially because I never bothered to check into it more. I wrote it off as "its a fuzzy pitch video game sound thing." Most of the first demonstrations I listened to of the Schumann way back when didn't really make it come across as musical. It just seems weird for the sake of weird. When I heard the data corrupter demos I instantly was like "bruh I could cop those squealy pitch shifted James Iha toans with this." As a huge smashing pumpkins nerd this pedal is like a giant shortcut to all their octave fuzz tones. (that reminds me i need to buy an ebow) Anyways what I wanted to say is I think the reason this pedal has people on the PLL bandwagon is presentation and its easy to use interface.

Also the music theorist in me wants to know why a Major 2nd sub 3 octaves down sounds better than just 3 octaves down. :!!!: :idk: :!!!: :idk: :!!!:
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby doommeow » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:44 pm

I need to go back and reread the whole thread, but - has anyone done any side by sides with this and the 4096-M? I've never bonded with mine and this seems alot more controllable...
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:47 pm

doommeow wrote:I need to go back and reread the whole thread, but - has anyone done any side by sides with this and the 4096-M? I've never bonded with mine and this seems alot more controllable...

This interests me as well. I love my 4046-m and everything Industrialectric does, but sometimes, I just can't get the 4046 to do what I want or what I am imagining. It seems like this one might be a lot more immediate
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby retinal orbita » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:22 pm

I splurged on a used one on Reverb and it arrived today - played for 15 minutes before I had to duck out and I looooooooooooove it on bass already.

I don’t care about laser gun sounds but as a subby synth and a crazy square wave fuzz I was able to dial in the sickest sounds on my bass immediately. So many more options I’m sure lurking within.

Only complaint is I won’t be able to fucking rip on this on anything other than a small combo while my neighbours are home for a while. I’d love to fuck with this through a bunch of 15s and get them trousers flappin’. A+ pedal, will fuck with for 1000 years.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:50 pm

This Justin Pearson vid (plays his PLL at the beginning) is pertinent to this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC_Ne8JtwuA
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby retinal orbita » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:57 pm

I haven’t fucked with The Locust in 20 years and I’m pleasantly surprised at how well they have matured - I saw them in 1997 or 1998 and it was pretty ripping but I sort of fell out of that sort of stuff but I’ve been jamming them a good bit lately based on the PLL love I’ve been feeling
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:34 am

retinal orbita wrote:I haven’t fucked with The Locust in 20 years and I’m pleasantly surprised at how well they have matured - I saw them in 1997 or 1998 and it was pretty ripping but I sort of fell out of that sort of stuff but I’ve been jamming them a good bit lately based on the PLL love I’ve been feeling

It makes sense but I just assumed it was all the synths doing the spacey glitchy octave sounds on a safety second body last. Back then I had no idea what a PLL was so I would’ve never guess. Damn it sounds awesome on that record.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:57 pm

I just got a Data Corrupter a few days ago. Plugged it in to test it out and immediately fell in love with it on bass:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsq_MuWBCz4/

Also, as far as 4096-m comparisons: the Data Corrupter is much, much more controllable. I never bonded with my 4096-m and could never really get it to do what I wanted. It was surprisingly easy to dial in some tones with the Data Corrupter
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Jero » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Don't remind me of my poor decisions (selling my Data Corrupter) :lol:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:09 pm

MrNovember wrote:I just got a Data Corrupter a few days ago. Plugged it in to test it out and immediately fell in love with it on bass:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsq_MuWBCz4/

Also, as far as 4096-m comparisons: the Data Corrupter is much, much more controllable. I never bonded with my 4096-m and could never really get it to do what I wanted. It was surprisingly easy to dial in some tones with the Data Corrupter

Damn. That actually sounds really sweet.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:43 pm

Indeed it does. As impressed as I was initially by the Moutarde demo, I like the sound of that better. Love the harmony underneath and around.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear