EQD Data Corrupter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: EQD Data Corrupter

Postby worra » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:56 am

codetocontra wrote:The fact that so many people HATE this makes me like it a bit more. Yeah, I'm that kind of guy.

I'm loving the shit out of mine. Rebuilding my board tonight I think, this is definitely making the cut.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pete » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:59 pm

codetocontra wrote:
Pete wrote:Yeah, I was thinking that too, and was pleasantly surprised to see this video. Maybe he's opened his mind a bit more with pedals? Last year he replaced his Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork with an Earthquaker Arpanoid, though I'm pretty sure he had the Pitch Fork back instead of the Arpanoid, when I saw Melvins last month. Back in Decemberish Melvins shared a photo on their facebook page of pedals they were using for recording, or at least had lying around in the studio. I remember there were a bunch of Earthquakers. Then again, Earthquaker has become so big and successful, it seems they're with the big leagues now. I bet they came on Buzz's radar as pedal options that can be easily found/replaced... He seems like he wants things to be as simple as possible live, but is open to pretty much anything in the studio.

And of course there's the "demo" video where Buzz is introduced to the Zvex Fuzz Factory and Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun. He gives them positive reviews. :lol:

Have you interviewed him in the past?

Positive reviews for free pedals? I dunno. That is accusatory. Just like how some YT demoers get free stuff, every "review" is positive and don't mention the negatives.

I was referring to this silly video, not trying to accuse Buzz of being disingenuous

Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:23 am

That is hilarious.

And my accusatory remark was directed at my own comment, since I inserted the "free pedals" part to the review. I was projecting my dissatisfaction regarding our disingenuous demo culture and poorly applying it here where it had no purpose. Sorry for being a jerk and adding confusion.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pete » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:59 am

No problem, I just misunderstood the comment. :hug:
That video is hilarious. :lol:
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby PanicProne » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:18 am

As stated earlier, I thought I did really have any PLL-hype in me. As in not even interested anymore. But then I caught the Knobs-demo of this and now I'm interested again. Or maybe I should just try and save up for Knobs' playing style in that demo instead..
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby giurmax » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:37 am

I got one last week. It's impressive! Very thick fat sound, so fuzzy and experimental combinations to try!!! But I'm experienced a constant and loud noise sound when the pedal is active but I'm not playing my guitar. So there's no silence when the pedal is activated, even if the guitar is muted or unplugged. Did you notice the same thing?
giurmax

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby aens_wife » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 am

codetocontra wrote:Positive reviews for free pedals? I dunno. That is accusatory. Just like how some YT demoers get free stuff, every "review" is positive and don't mention the negatives.

You guys do know that not only are some of those YT dudes getting free pedals, but they are paid for those videos, right?
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 am

aens_wife wrote:
codetocontra wrote:Positive reviews for free pedals? I dunno. That is accusatory. Just like how some YT demoers get free stuff, every "review" is positive and don't mention the negatives.

You guys do know that not only are some of those YT dudes getting free pedals, but they are paid for those videos, right?

Shit. Where my checks at?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:48 am

I have an alternative plan. Pay me and I won't make a video.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:39 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
aens_wife wrote:

Shit. Where my checks at?

Dude. All you'd have to do is email companies asking for a few $$ and you'd likely get paid. I have no issue with people getting paid for their work, but I hate that paid advertisements get sold as reviews. They just aren't the same.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:01 pm

It was true of print it's obviously true of YT.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:07 pm

aens_wife wrote:

You know what's sad? Jeff (Excane) does not get paid at all. In fact, a lot of companies not only don't pay him, but he has to pay for studio time to do the demos as well as pay for the pedals. I've told him numerous times I simply would not do it at all but he enjoys it. Fucking sucks. He does amazing demos and dude does not get the notoriety he deserves. I base almost every purchase on him and Just Nick these days. I cannot listen to bleep boop demos and make a decision. LOL. No offense to anyone, but it just doesn't work for me.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Confuzzled » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 pm

I tried the Montreal Assembly PPL at the stomp box exhibit and it was amazing. I was also educated by Scott(?) as to by they are not polyphonic. The dudes a fucking genius.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:32 pm

jwar wrote:You know what's sad? Jeff (Excane) does not get paid at all. In fact, a lot of companies not only don't pay him, but he has to pay for studio time to do the demos as well as pay for the pedals. I've told him numerous times I simply would not do it at all but he enjoys it. Fucking sucks. He does amazing demos and dude does not get the notoriety he deserves. I base almost every purchase on him and Just Nick these days. I cannot listen to bleep boop demos and make a decision. LOL. No offense to anyone, but it just doesn't work for me.

Isn't he that guy with like all of the existing pedals, and then some more?

Not sure about his $tatus but if I were rich af or enjoyed doing demos just for fun I wouldn't mind doing it for free.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm

tremolo3 wrote:
jwar wrote:You know what's sad? Jeff (Excane) does not get paid at all. In fact, a lot of companies not only don't pay him, but he has to pay for studio time to do the demos as well as pay for the pedals. I've told him numerous times I simply would not do it at all but he enjoys it. Fucking sucks. He does amazing demos and dude does not get the notoriety he deserves. I base almost every purchase on him and Just Nick these days. I cannot listen to bleep boop demos and make a decision. LOL. No offense to anyone, but it just doesn't work for me.

Isn't he that guy with like all of the existing pedals, and then some more?

Not sure about his $tatus but if I were rich af or enjoyed doing demos just for fun I wouldn't mind doing it for free.

Jeff does have a butt load of pedals but he's not rich by any means. He's well off for sure, but he's also single right now (unless that's changed and you haven't told me Jeff!!!).

He's a graphic designer by day, bass mad man by night. I know he makes good money but he's not making anything off of pedals. The free pedals that he gets don't even cover his time in the studio.

I agree that I'd do it for free if had that many but at the same time, it's kind of shitty. He definitely loves doing it though.

Sorry if I'm talking for you Jeff. We've been friends for a long time now, so I feel like I know a lot about him. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear