EQD Data Corrupter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: EQD Data Corrupter

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 pm

ck3 wrote:Are those of you demoing this pedal in stores finding that it gates consistently?

Thwith video above shows him disengaging the pedal before any of the notes really get a chance to decay.. you could be on to something there. All of the bit crushing type effects I've fooled around with seem to gate pretty predictably.
Still it's kind of a nutty effect
-Brett
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 pm

The sweetwater video showed that with no input it still made lots of noise around 10:37. Not sure there is a gate in this one.

Will hopefully try it in person soon to verify though.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:05 am

From the vidz available I'd guess no gate. also somewhat beside the point when there's a laser sound decaying. It's all about tracking when it comes to PLL madness being shackled or let loose. The FM control and glide/vibrato switch are just different levels of that madness.
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby PanicProne » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:42 am

This is gonna be on the board of every kid within a year.
As for me, I still can't decide if I dig PLL's or not. It looks cool though. and you gotta say that's a decent prize for one at least.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:11 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:Proguitarshop, Reverb.com, Chicago Music Exchange, they even got Gearmandude to demo it. All these ads but no Knobs? Maybe they couldn't afford him?

If you've watched Shrubsies 4046 demo you probably get what this does.

4046 is still my favorite new wave PLL but this is a pretty cool way for people to actually find and try one of the circuits. Won't be buying one but I like that it's widespread.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 am

PanicProne wrote:This is gonna be on the board of every kid within a year.
As for me, I still can't decide if I dig PLL's or not. It looks cool though. and you gotta say that's a decent prize for one at least.

Agree it's a Great build, really solid implementation of a PLL with interesting new features.
Agree on price, too.

But, as to widespread adoption, I think this will confound some people. Those first demos that showed up out of nowhere are a great example. Folks with a penchant for plug/chug transparent ODs looking for something different are going to have this on an 'emporium' quickly. Not saying it won't be tatties, but after a few attempts to tame those lasers, some folks are gonna say f-it and bail.
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:05 am

This makes me want to get a Bass VI.
Because I'm assuming it'd sound like anal vomit on dropped power chords, though.

The idea of de-unicorning the PLL isn't a bad idea, even if it is passe with you lot.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:10 am

Iommic Pope wrote:de-unicorning the PLL

That's a good line.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 am

BetterOffShred wrote:
ck3 wrote:Are those of you demoing this pedal in stores finding that it gates consistently?

Thwith video above shows him disengaging the pedal before any of the notes really get a chance to decay.. you could be on to something there. All of the bit crushing type effects I've fooled around with seem to gate pretty predictably.
Still it's kind of a nutty effect
-Brett

It gates pretty consistently with the square wave all the way up, if the harmony voices are also cranked they seem to decay at a different rate, and sputter out/motorboat like a great destroyer
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Confuzzled » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:25 pm

I absolutely love the sound but the monophonic aspect kills it for me. Hopefully there will be a 2.0 that's poly (if that's even possible).
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Confuzzled wrote:I absolutely love the sound but the monophonic aspect kills it for me. Hopefully there will be a 2.0 that's poly (if that's even possible).

Phase Locked Loops are by definition mono

oldangelmidnight wrote:Proguitarshop, Reverb.com, Chicago Music Exchange, they even got Gearmandude to demo it. All these ads but no Knobs? Maybe they couldn't afford him?

Most of the demos I have seen have been by retailers that would be provided early units to produce demos but would not have been paid youtube demo characters. I did see Mike Hermans sold one on Reverb the day they were released so maybe some of those guys did get one but I cant imagine how it would be worth a ton of cash for a Knobs or other youtube demo guy demo when you have a pile of other folks making demos as part of their own retail businesses without trying to wring hundreds of dollars out of the manufacturer based on subscriber numbers.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:15 pm

echorec wrote:
oscillofuzz wrote:
echorec wrote:
oscillofuzz wrote:I want one too. Seems like a way cooler version of what the Bit Commander tries to be. Hope it's not in the Avalanche Run price range though...

$225

In the States, yeah. You guys can also buy an Avalanche Run for less than $300. In Europe the best I could do for one of those was €375 minus a 5% discount with a promotional discount code...

Well they're $225 street (Avalanche is $295 street), so they should be significantly less, even with import duties/taxes. Of course you could always ask someone on the board to ship one from the US and declare it as a gift or commercial sample. That would help you save some cash as well.

Just found out one of the cheapest retailers in The Netherlands is currently listing them for pre-order at €245, which means if I find another 5 or 10% discount code it'll get it in the 220-230 range, which is definitely an acceptable price point for such a beast of a pedal.
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:14 pm

I definitely want to try one. I'm not a huge PLL fan but I dig some of the shit they can do. Needs a proper bass demo though. Fucking guitarists. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Nevermind. Didn't realize Juan did a demo. Even thought it's fretless, it gives me an idea.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:18 pm

So when does your Data Corrupter arrive? :lol:
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear