Post-Meta_Horizon: FIXED ARCHITECTURE SYNTH GENERAL

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Post-Meta_Horizon: FIXED ARCHITECTURE SYNTH GENERAL

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:29 am

I didn't see one. I may or may not have ordered one (I'm not joking, I truly don't know). I remember asking Vlad to "not" put me on this list but he responded "we'll be in touch" so I kind of new I may or may not still be there. A couple days ago (roughly a year later from my initial communications) I got an E-mail saying I ordered one and to let them know what country they would be shipping to for the purposes of production. So...I figured 'why not' and sent them my info. I "might" be getting one :lol:. If it turns out I am 'not' on the list, I don't intend to put myself on it. Kind of a 'get it if it's ready and I can' situation :lol:.

I know Ruiner ordered one cause I stalk him (Strange Tales and Chris Dermo) on Muff Wiggler. Anybody else have a general interest in this?

This thread may be timely as a lot of people on Muff are anticipating pairing this with the Landscape Field Kit (see KNOBS thread/demo).

I swear there was no shortage of awesome synth shit this year (2017)...

There were DIY kits that were...WAY...cheaper. They didn't come with a case though.

LYRA 8

LYRA 4 AKA "Post Whale-Core"
Last edited by $harkToootth on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: LYRA 8 Organismic Synthesizer Thread

Postby Ruiner » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:15 pm

If you decide not to order but they tell you yours is ready i'm happy to take your place!! I still have 6 months left on the waiting list so it would be a huge help! Just saying! :animal:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Of course Bro! Goes without saying :hug:. You would have been the first person on my list (then Nora then Dermo etc.).

I am going to get it though if I am on the list. I just didn't want to 'wait' last year so I view this as a pleasant surprise. That said, I am not impervious to changing my mind so...

That said, this got me really excited cause I planned to do similar things with my pitch shifters (EHX Pitchfork, Whammy Pedal, CT5, 856, and AARP).

Actually the first plan after playing it alone would be to through it through the Protostar or my other synths' filters.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Actually that vid is more a testament to the revolutionary and powerful CT5 than it is the LYRA.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 pm

$harkToootth wrote:

Ugh. SO HOT. Ive been avoiding the Lyra talk on muffs as I knew it would sidetrack me into mega GAS territory. Lyra + stereo field? :doom:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:50 pm

From the thread, import tax is about 40 pounds for you guys. It does wind up being expensive, a $580 synth (or pounds?) + EMS Delivery + Import Tax. I've been enamored with the demos and the raw tracks from said demo (had it on my mp3 and play it before sleep) for a while now though so...you know...
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mr. sound boy king » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Been on waiting list since January. Not in a rush. Had to pursue ownership because it seems like mutated Ciat-Lonbarde gear / sounds. Same reason I have a Double Knot. Things are growing in weird directions these days and I love it. :sheep doing a rainbow diarrhea:
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:53 pm

I love that the tuners are not calibrated to a chromatic scale. There is so much to love about this thing because of the 'outside the box' yet archaic nature/architecture.

The raw recording on the site really does sound like a cardiac rhythm of some unknown shapeshifting animal.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:21 pm

I jumped on the list last October right after seeing a video, but cancelled my wait list in January after planning on spending all my gear funds on a new guitar build. The guitar build didn't work out and was just parted out, this still looks rad and not sure yet if I want to get on the list again, but I do have a Stereo Field incoming. :yay:
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Faldoe » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Do they still offer kits?
Faldoe

Postby codetocontra » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 am

Website says Lyra 4 kits are available for $80 plus shipping.
https://somasynths.com/lyra-organismic-synthesizer/
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 am

mr. sound boy king wrote: Same reason I have a Double Knot. Things are growing in weird directions these days and I love it :!!!:

This. I hadn't even looked at this thing until now.
How you liking the DK? I got mine back, but have barely touched it again. I'm on a big drone commander + drum machines kick at the moment. :snax:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 am

Ugh.....fuck you guys. Seriously
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby mr. sound boy king » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:06 am

chrisdermo wrote:
mr. sound boy king wrote: Same reason I have a Double Knot. Things are growing in weird directions these days and I love it :!!!:

This. I hadn't even looked at this thing until now.
How you liking the DK? I got mine back, but have barely touched it again. I'm on a big drone commander + drum machines kick at the moment. :snax:

I love it.

I've had a Plumbutter 2 for quite a while and had some trouble getting down with it as a ruined drum machine. Double Knot does exactly what I THOUGHT Plumbutter 2 would do - be an insane patchable drum box. Playing Double Knot actually got me to take out the Plumbutter 2 again and make some rad stuff. Like, the Double Knot taught me how to use the Plumbutter in some ways.

Aside from that, it sounds fantastic, gets incredibly weird, and doesn't make me want to pull my hair out. It can do weird beats or normal beats. It can make a bass line. The tempo knob goes to infinity. It's one of the top instruments, to me.

DRONE COMMANDER + drum machines sounds like awesome territory to be in.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 am

mr. sound boy king wrote:I love it.

I've had a Plumbutter 2 for quite a while and had some trouble getting down with it as a ruined drum machine. Double Knot does exactly what I THOUGHT Plumbutter 2 would do - be an insane patchable drum box. Playing Double Knot actually got me to take out the Plumbutter 2 again and make some rad stuff. Like, the Double Knot taught me how to use the Plumbutter in some ways.

Aside from that, it sounds fantastic, gets incredibly weird, and doesn't make me want to pull my hair out. It can do weird beats or normal beats. It can make a bass line. The tempo knob goes to infinity. It's one of the top instruments, to me.

DRONE COMMANDER + drum machines sounds like awesome territory to be in.

I think I find it difficult to sound good with my other gear. The tonality of the double knot is almost identical to the tetrax so they clash quite a lot. It's also difficult to have it accompany something melodic (which I barely ever do) and tweak without it sounded awkwardly off key. I did get a good one done with my multicassa though.
Got any recordings online? Would love to hear some. Actually I feel like I follow you on instagram.
Drone commander + drums EP coming out later this year. :snax:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear