Post-Meta_Horizon: FIXED ARCHITECTURE SYNTH GENERAL

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Avant Garde Cool Kids Club: Not Your Mother's Synths

Postby the raytownian » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:10 pm

The stuff you mentioned regarding the DD-20 reminds me: The rotary knob on my DD-20 has been acting up for years. I've read this is a common issue, and likely a difficult fix, because it's related to the firmware or something else that requires disassembly and replacement of parts. Either way, I've recently gotten an isolated brick-style power supply to supplement the 1Spot I've used for years. I haven't thought to try it, and I doubt it'll fix the issue, but I wonder if the rotary knob will work properly from a 300mA isolated output. My thinking here is that maybe the DD-20 wasn't receiving enough mA's with all the pedals I daisychained together before getting the brick power supply.

EDIT: I just tested this theory, and, no, running it off a 300mA isolated output doesn't fix anything. The rotary knob is still impossibly unreliable. It only goes down in value if you literally jam the control just right. Even then, it's unreliable for precise changes. Kinda sucks. This issue has always bothered me, maybe more than it should, given the brand's reputation.
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:23 pm

oscillateur wrote:A DD-20 is perfect for a stereo tabletop setup too, does more things and is half the price :).

Off I go to research!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm

@Dermo, my buddy has one, he likes it a lot. He's more of a gigging rock musician though (as opposed to a tabletop guy stereotype). He utilizes it among other things for stereo. I don't think he has the issues mentioned (otherwise he would ditch it cause, again, gigging).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Oh yeah I use a DD-7 for stereo delays on my stuff, I'm just a total bitch for arcade buttons, I have a Bug PT Delay and the field kit fx incoming too so definitely not in the market for another digi delay, I just thought it was hot, compact, neat :cool:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Yeah that Delay looks fun with those arcade buttons....I GET IT.

I am back onboard with an Avant Garde Cool Kids synth: Knas Ekdahl Polygamist! I can't believe that I have managed to own one of these 3 times. This time, it stays because it took me a freaking year to find this one.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm so happy for you! It's a synthesizer for the whole family!
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm

My DD-20 is not noisy, I've had it for ages now. No rotary encoder problem either :).

It's really a great delay, and can even be synced to triggers using the tap tempo mode for the ctrl input jack. The fact that the previous delay keeps playing (indefinitely - or at least until you switch to another mode again - if the feedback is 100%) can be super useful to layer things or for long transitions.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Deltaphoenix » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:44 am

$harkToootth wrote:I'm so happy for you! It's a synthesizer for the whole family!

Thanks! It's true, my 10 year old loves to jam with it. It looks like a fun board game, maybe the game of life and the ribbon controller is fun for all ages. :lol:
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:16 am

Deltaphoenix wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:I'm so happy for you! It's a synthesizer for the whole family!

Thanks! It's true, my 10 year old loves to jam with it. It looks like a fun board game, maybe the game of life and the ribbon controller is fun for all ages. :lol:

My friend has one of these, but it gives him mild electric shocks continuously while playing.... Sounds great though!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:43 pm

who built these.... :snax:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:25 pm

Hey Buddy!!!! http://evilmoisture.free.fr/
Andy Bolus of EVIL MOISTURE. He'll be the first to tell you he WORKS VERY SLOW.... :lol: I've basically become his pen-pal over the past two years trying to get these :lol:
He'll also be the first to tell you that he "doesn't love building electronics anymore". The pieces of gear are super affordable...it just seems like (is) that he doesn't want any more orders.
EVIL MOISTURE is a cool noise/art project too if you don't already know it. I love his aesthetic.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:00 am

Sooooooo the new Lorre mill instrument 'keyed mosstone' is shaping up to look/sound awesome.

https://instagram.com/p/Beyuh5PlWXd/
https://instagram.com/p/BeytgSNlcjY/
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:10 pm

How long til that swarm starts getting shipped?
Supposedly the Koma Field Kit FX should be done by the end of March...... kind of don't want or need it any more, I'm way too fickle to wait such a time for something.... expect it to go up for sale as soon as released :idk:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:11 pm

chrisdermo wrote:How long til that swarm starts getting shipped?
Supposedly the Koma Field Kit FX should be done by the end of March...... kind of don't want or need it any more, I'm way too fickle to wait such a time for something.... expect it to go up for sale as soon as released :idk:

I believe the Quadrantid Swarm is expected around March/April as well
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:19 pm

MrNovember wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:How long til that swarm starts getting shipped?

I believe the Quadrantid Swarm is expected around March/April as well

Awesome, can't wait to hear more from that one.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear