I'm a trendy totebag!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

I'm a trendy totebag!

Postby lost in music » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:56 am

Honest question: why do some pedal manufacturers include a drawstring satchel with their pedals? Earthquaker Devices does this and I just bought something from Old Blood Noise Endeavors that included one as well. Useful packaging or foppish affectation? You tell me.

Forgive me if this has been done to death and I sound like an old man who doesn't know anything about anything. I've had a few fron EQD over the years but had never really wondered about it until I got one from a second company.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Re: I'm a trendy totebag!

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:43 am

Pretty sure it's for marijuana . Chase Bliss does this too. Maybe Joel will chime in if he sees this thread.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:11 am

I like them. It means that they take up less room in a drawer or bag than if they were in a box, but still won't get scuffed. I wish more companies would do away with branded boxes (so that "W/ ORIGINAL BOX" didn't affect resale so much) and went with the little drawstring canvas sack instead. I'm drowning in little boxes that take up loads of room and I don't feel that I can throw away either.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:54 am

Isn't this the case (hurr hurr hurr) with most things though? Fancy extra stuff that has no real added value. Just to make the buying more of an experiance or something
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:06 am

You're supposed to tie it to your belt for when you have to ride your mule to the market to barter for curds and buttons.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:15 am

It's what genuine people use to hold spare 12gauge shells.

Why they come with pedals is beyond me.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:03 am

Which pedal manufacturer does the most elaborate fancy pants packaging?
Chase Bliss is funny, looks like a bottle of cheesy hood liquor should be in there with the faux suede bag and wood box.
My Retromechanical Fuzz came packaged like it was a long lost package from 1920 with old twine wrapping and old instruction cards and paper wrapping which was neat.
The Mountainking pedal I got had some cool sci-fi spacey trading cards in it. I like little perks like that a lot.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 am

^^ Toetags in canada include the best stickers, plus movie monster trading cards but no little bag when I bought from them.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:24 am

I should add that if you put a totebag over it's head, anything becomes fuckable.
==

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:30 am

rfurtkamp wrote:I should add that if you put a totebag over it's head, anything becomes fuckable.

#tinyfuckingheads?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby friendship » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:34 am

rfurtkamp wrote:I should add that if you put a totebag over it's head, anything becomes fuckable.

....yikes
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:34 am

#yes

==

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:35 am

:lol:

#headsthesizeofpedals
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:41 am

There are a ton of manufactures who do this and I've never understood it. LOL. Especially the cheap shitty ones. The ones Joel puts in there are super nice, so that's cool and it add a layer of packaging that's unique. Would I care if he got rid of them? No, not even in the slightest. I wouldn't care if he got rid of those wooden boxes either. Now it's kind of his thing though and those OCD freaks would care that make him a ton of money. Just like the people that lose their shit when a pedal doesn't come with a card board box you're going to throw away or toss in another box and never look at. LOL.

Crown Royal liquor comes in one of those too, and I never understood it. I'd put change in the damn things or just throw them away. To me it's just extra crap sitting in my house.

So yea, I'd prefer no bags but if they are in there, they just sit in the box or I use them to hold picks.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 am

#dicebag
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear