Grendel Drone Commander Classic Pedal

Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

Re: Grendel Drone Commander Classic Pedal

Postby Dungus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 am

What happens if you put it on your pedalboard and play your guitar throught it? Nothing?

Eivind August wrote:Heavy is in the fingers.
Dungus

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 am

Well it has an input, allegedly.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
spacelordmother wrote:If Animal Collective plays a free show in the woods and I'm not there to hear it are they still so so so fucking awful? I would say yes.

Gone Fission wrote:Anyone who suggests Yankee Hotel Foxtrot for the cover band concept gets a demerit.

I was forced with remorse to learn the bassoon
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 am

Antlerface wrote:Also too lazy to edit.

This is gonna end up a tabletop piece for me for sure, just read the manual. This would be sick w the eurorack. Set all ya drums and leads up and make a sick drone synced with all of it. Yessssssss!

Picked up an original ammo can one couple of weeks ago and ^THIS^ has been my life since. However, don't plan on having a rock solid clock from it, it wavers if you even look at it funny, and when you change speed it goes totally mental (randomly super fast to super slow) for about 30seconds before calming to the new speed. Personally, I love that as a feature, but can see how people would be annoyed by it.

Eric told me this new pedal one is basically a total re-make of the original with the addition of the audio in and mute switch..... so don't expect anything to be 'fixed' as such.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Antlerface » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am

Mostly just stoked they're gonna be in production again. I waited about 10 minutes too long on the last one I saw for sale at a not fucking outrageous price. And my 6U is too full for the module.

So this'll do, pig.
Antlerface

committed
committed

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Antlerface wrote:Mostly just stoked they're gonna be in production again. I waited about 10 minutes too long on the last one I saw for sale at a not fucking outrageous price. And my 6U is too full for the module.

So this'll do, pig.

Yeah! I actually found one on gumtree in London for £280 which is pretty much the price they sold for brand new if not a little less, luckily I got it because 2 days later one came up on reverb for £380 that I may have bought in a moment of desperation / madness. TBH if the pedal version is legit when it's released I'd consider trading out the ammo can for it as I would prefer a smaller form factor and the gate input for muting intrigues me.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Oh yeah, last time I spoke to Eric he said they could be ready as early as the end of July, providing the pcb manufacturers deliver to schedule with no cock ups.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

chrisdermo wrote:[. TBH if the pedal version is legit when it's released I'd consider trading out the ammo can for it as I would prefer a smaller form factor and the gate input for muting intrigues me.

Dibs on the flip?
NSFW: show
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
spacelordmother wrote:If Animal Collective plays a free show in the woods and I'm not there to hear it are they still so so so fucking awful? I would say yes.

Gone Fission wrote:Anyone who suggests Yankee Hotel Foxtrot for the cover band concept gets a demerit.

I was forced with remorse to learn the bassoon
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:[. TBH if the pedal version is legit when it's released I'd consider trading out the ammo can for it as I would prefer a smaller form factor and the gate input for muting intrigues me.

Dibs on the flip?

:thumb:
Also, let's start a drone commander 'band'. We could rock the tits off all the toilet venues in London, with the easiest instrument setup and escape ever.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Def looks fun af for a tabletop setup
[B/S/Ts] :whoa: Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Happiness ... >pour a sip of something for twang & psyvam
D.o.S. wrote:you just gotta turn up more.
popvulture wrote:When it comes to riffs, nasty > tasty.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzonaut » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:45 am

chrisdermo wrote: TBH if the pedal version is legit when it's released I'd consider trading out the ammo can for it.

Maybe, it might be fun to run the ammo can through the pedal ... ? :idk:
Now: https://soundcloud.com/glimmbrand / http://www.deepband.ch / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1 / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com
Good deals: wfs1234, sanfordandsonny, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, intothegroove, autopilot, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, TomDalton, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Gear