Alexander Syntax Error

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Alexander Syntax Error

Postby AlexanderPedals » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Dandolin wrote::love:

Also, 1.01 is the OG firmware, yes? (psyched about firmware updates!)

I honestly don't know what version is shipping at the moment but we are releasing an update this week to add support for the Neo Footswitch. There are some other small fixes but it's all under the hood stuff that users probably won't notice. We'll be updating the F.13N as well, same kinda deal.

UglyCasanova wrote:How about A and C? Those were my favorites. #snowflake

We're gonna make a couple of them to have in the NAMM booth. If we still have them after the show I'll be happy to sell you one :)
AlexanderPedals

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Hell yeah! Don't forget me. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:59 pm

My answer was (e), all of the above :p

AlexanderPedals wrote:

I honestly don't know what version is shipping at the moment but we are releasing an update this week to add support for the Neo Footswitch. There are some other small fixes but it's all under the hood stuff that users probably won't notice. We'll be updating the F.13N as well, same kinda deal.

Sweet, thanks, I was in on the groundfloor, and already love mines as is, but I also love firmware updates #xmasinjanuary
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AlexanderPedals » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Dandolin wrote:My answer was (e), all of the above :p

AlexanderPedals wrote:

Sweet, thanks, I was in on the groundfloor, and already love mines as is, but I also love firmware updates #xmasinjanuary

There is an update on the site right now. This version adds support for the Neo Footswitch as well as enabling hyperspeed playback in Stretch mode. You'll need to flash the DSP EEPROM after updating, it's covered in the instructions as part of the factory reset.

Have fun.
AlexanderPedals

committed
committed

Postby Timv » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 pm

I cannot seem to find the instructions for the factory reset. Could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks. I updated my firmware but don't have any hyperspeed setting.
Timv

interested
interested

Postby Paul_C » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:53 pm

I have managed to update the firmware !

But don't know how to "flash the eeprom" :(
Last edited by Paul_C on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 pm

AlexanderPedals wrote:
Dandolin wrote:My answer was (e), all of the above :p

AlexanderPedals wrote:There is an update on the site right now. This version adds support for the Neo Footswitch as well as enabling hyperspeed playback in Stretch mode. You'll need to flash the DSP EEPROM after updating, it's covered in the instructions as part of the factory reset.

Have fun.

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AlexanderPedals » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 am

Power on.
Wait a tic.
Hold the center button.
Hold the footswitch.

The center LED should turn blue-green, and the effect select LEDs should flash green, orange, red then stop. If you go into Stretch mode and put Code and Tweak full up you should hear the sample playback go nuclear.
AlexanderPedals

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 am

I do believe I've managed to update successfully !

;)

Losing my presets is just a good excuse for spending a couple of hours playing and finding some new ones :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby AlexanderPedals » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Paul_C wrote:I do believe I've managed to update successfully !

;)

Losing my presets is just a good excuse for spending a couple of hours playing and finding some new ones :)

Tight!

I forgot to mention this but you can dump out your presets using MIDI sysex and then load them back in after a reset...
AlexanderPedals

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:36 pm

That's ok - I've got four new ones now, I just have to save some pennies for a DMC Micro :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Hey AlexanderPedals, just throwing this out there:

I have a couple of requests/suggestions for future firmware updates.
1. Switch the hierarchy of the Bonus knob so that the sample rate reducer is the 2nd layer function. It's fun and cute that there is a secret mode in the Bonus knob (like an easter egg in a video game, perhaps?), but it is less functional to have the sample rate reducer always available than it is to have the actual parameter of the activated mode available. I use the sample rate reducer sparingly, but want to adjust the mode parameters often.
2. In the timestretch mode, could you code out the clicking at the buffer's edges? I don't know what this entails, and perhaps it is an explicit aesthetic choice, but the clicking limits the usefulness of the mode. There ARE definitely contexts where the clicking complements the overall sound, but there are far more where it distracts/detracts.

I'm interested in your thoughts on these things.
Other Syntax owners, what do you think of these suggestion?
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby AlexanderPedals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:25 pm

damnableman wrote:Hey AlexanderPedals, just throwing this out there:

I have a couple of requests/suggestions for future firmware updates.
1. Switch the hierarchy of the Bonus knob so that the sample rate reducer is the 2nd layer function. It's fun and cute that there is a secret mode in the Bonus knob (like an easter egg in a video game, perhaps?), but it is less functional to have the sample rate reducer always available than it is to have the actual parameter of the activated mode available. I use the sample rate reducer sparingly, but want to adjust the mode parameters often.
2. In the timestretch mode, could you code out the clicking at the buffer's edges? I don't know what this entails, and perhaps it is an explicit aesthetic choice, but the clicking limits the usefulness of the mode. There ARE definitely contexts where the clicking complements the overall sound, but there are far more where it distracts/detracts.

I'm interested in your thoughts on these things.
Other Syntax owners, what do you think of these suggestion?

Great suggestions. I'll consider whether they make sense for the majority of our users. Swapping the Sample and Bonus controls is easy enough to do, but let me consider whether it's the best move.

Regarding the clicking, we are working on that. No idea whether we'll be able to get it but we'll try.
AlexanderPedals

committed
committed

Postby damnableman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:57 pm

AlexanderPedals wrote:Great suggestions. I'll consider whether they make sense for the majority of our users. Swapping the Sample and Bonus controls is easy enough to do, but let me consider whether it's the best move.

Regarding the clicking, we are working on that. No idea whether we'll be able to get it but we'll try.

Amazing. Regardless of what you end up doing, it's a great pedal with huge range of possibilites contained within. I have yet to explore the ramping functions, but I am excited to hear what new worlds open when I finally do.

drolo, aen, multi_s, cloudscapes, or Teej212 could have some insight into how to reduce/eliminate the clicking that occurs at the buffer's edges. It might be worth PM'ing one of those fellows to chat.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the clicking either. Just based on my own experience, that noise also happens on similar algorithms from Drolo and CooperFX pedals that use the FV-1. I don't know what's in Dwarfcraft's Grazer but, from demos, it sounds similar. The Sonic Crayon and Montreal Assembly pedals use different hardware. I'm curious about whether that artifact will appear in the Red Panda Tensor.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear