· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Poorly executed blends and well executed blends

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:18 pm

A bad blend vs a good blend depends on what you want really and the sound/feel you need.. the only "bad" blends to me are overly buffered ones that give you volume issues like barge and boss.

I think my all time faves are the Katanasound super bass fuzz [duh], the Fuzz Hugger Bassbloom and the MASSF Stary wisdom... that said I find that lately having a bunch of pedals with blend don't work for me as much as using a blending looper and putting a bunch of pedals in there [some with their own blends] to achieve the sound I want.. and so know I'm having a custom 5 loop looper that is a 3 and a 2 in one box so I can have the first 3 loops blend and not the last 2.. life in complex and stuff.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:06 am

Purely based on the thread's title I thought I was on a whisky forum for a sec and was about to respond with my distaste for blends, but in the pedal world they definitely serve their purpose from time to time :lol:

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Give me some of that fine, well...whisky!

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:17 am

I can't understand how there could be a difference between blends but there is. I think my favorite is the COG Grand Tarkin
Post a reply