Any Dunwich Wizard Fuzz owners around?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Any Dunwich Wizard Fuzz owners around?

Postby BossMann73 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:55 pm

I have this question out to Magic, the guy who builds these things, but he hasn't replied so I was wondering if any ILF Wizard Fuzz owners would care to chime in about the 12 position FAC control. On mine, I can definitely hear a difference in tone on clicks 1 to 6, but from 7-12 I hear no change in sound. Anybody know anything more about this control who could shed some light on it? This pedal kicks major ass and I love it, but am wondering why there are 12 positions on the knob and only 6 seem to do anything. Thanks in advance.
BossMann73

committed
committed

Re: Any Dunwich Wizard Fuzz owners around?

Postby rickenbastard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:37 pm

That knob adjusts low frequency so it's likely dependent on there the low/high freq knobs are positioned. Can't boost/cut frequencies that might already be cut by the other knobs.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby BossMann73 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:07 pm

rickenbastard wrote:That knob adjusts low frequency so it's likely dependent on there the low/high freq knobs are positioned. Can't boost/cut frequencies that might already be cut by the other knobs.

Thanks. I'm running it full bass. I don't know how that works with what you're saying, but I will experiment more now that I have a solid direction to explore.
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Magic? You mean Nick?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BossMann73 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:11 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Magic? You mean Nick?

No, Magic is the guy who builds these pedals for Dunwich. He just got back to me, but thanks to those who responded. Here is his answer for those in the future with the same question I had.

"The depth knob is increasing bass early on in the circuit. It can be subtle except for a few positions. It probably could be a 2-3 position switch but we offered a full range increasingly up."
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:41 pm

vidret wrote:
BossMann73 wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:Magic? You mean Nick?

No, Magic is the guy who builds these pedals for Dunwich. He just got back to me, but thanks to those who responded. Here is his answer for those in the future with the same question I had.

"The depth knob is increasing bass early on in the circuit. It can be subtle except for a few positions. It probably could be a 2-3 position switch but we offered a full range increasingly up."

So what I said. Cool.

Good job Bebe
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear