Team VOLCA!!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Team VOLCA!!!!

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm

What are y'all doing with the Volcas? I've got a volca beats and I'll be getting a Volca FM soon. So far, I think the volcas are synths built for me.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Team VOLCA!!!!

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Yeah I'm doing the same thing. Have a FM, getting a beats next. I'm really enjoying the FM.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby _r_ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:31 am

I use my Bass as a drone synth live whilst doing my electronic stuff, literally just leave it playing the same constant note for about 20 minutes (just set Slide on for every single step, infinite sustainz) whilst tweaking the filter and LFOs. I really love the filter on that thing, it really screams once you push the resonance past 3 o'clock.

I don't use my Beats as much since I got my Novation Circuit but that kick drum sound can't be beat, I've sampled it and used it in quite a few things. I used it in a post-punk-motorik-noise-shoegazey type band (you know the sort of thing - about as heavily indebted to Joy Division/MBV/Mary Chain as you can get) where it was very useful to have something that could play the same totally unvarying drum pattern for quarter of an hour.
Fane - folk music from the furthest reaches
_r_

committed
committed

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby Psyre » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:49 am

My current set up is OP-1 syncing an SQ-1>Volca Kick, Beats, FM, monotron Duo & Delay. I love the volcas, the kick is by far my favorite and definitely the most under appreciated of the line. It's the most fun performance wise. The FM is just amazing as a pocket FM synth and sounds decent enough. The beats is used least, mainly for motion sequencing the glitch sounds. The kick of the beats pales compared to the "kick's" kick and the snare is little more than flicking an empty chip bag.
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Faldoe » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:11 pm

I have the keys. I don't use the sequencer much. I like playing the keys and doing slides. Used it with my Novation K-Station.
Faldoe

Postby reckon luck » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:21 pm

I liked the Keys but ended up flipping it because I want presets. I'm going to get an FM and a Sample to go alongside my Monologue.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby askashrub » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Great little things.
I have the FM & Sample.

I really enjoy dedicated little sessions with the Sample. No other gear.
It just always seems to work out. The ability to control just about everything with a knob is just so simple and great.

I really hope they keep these going now that Tatsuya has left Korg.
I'm a bit concerned they won't, but I bet they sell well.
askashrub

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Volca deez nuts yo.

For real though, I'm totes uber jelly.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:00 pm

reckon luck wrote:I liked the Keys but ended up flipping it because I want presets. I'm going to get an FM and a Sample to go alongside my Monologue.

Yeah I can see that. I see the volcas as more of a fun at home thing instead of a live instrument deal.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Got the bass and beats. Beats feels like there's potential for it to be amazing but some of the sounds are too weak imo. Bass is amazing, love it, can't fault it really.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:06 pm

jwar wrote:Volca deez nuts yo.

For real though, I'm totes uber jelly.

Yeah I are
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:08 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:Got the bass and beats. Beats feels like there's potential for it to be amazing but some of the sounds are too weak imo. Bass is amazing, love it, can't fault it really.

It's all about the motion recording like pcm slide
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:17 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:Got the bass and beats. Beats feels like there's potential for it to be amazing but some of the sounds are too weak imo. Bass is amazing, love it, can't fault it really.

It's all about the motion recording like pcm slide

Yeah those sounds are nice it's just lacking something for the 2nd and 4th beats in my industrial techno sessions.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kbit » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Psyre wrote: I love the volcas, the kick is by far my favorite and definitely the most under appreciated of the line. It's the most fun performance wise.

Thank you for convincing me ;)
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Psyre » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:31 pm

kbit wrote:
Psyre wrote: I love the volcas, the kick is by far my favorite and definitely the most under appreciated of the line. It's the most fun performance wise.

Thank you for convincing me ;)

:rock: :rock: :bear:
Way more than just a kick, I imagine it would have been called the 'Volca Sub" had there not been a pocket operator with the name already. Both MS-20 revisions in one box, yes plz
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Next

Return to General Gear