MS-20 mini

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MS-20 mini

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri May 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Turn down the oscillator volume to 3 o'clock, set the HPF to 3-4 on the dial and turn the feedback to 3 o'clock. Roll back the LPF. Tada! Your MS-20 pushes put the lowest freqs. Sub harmonic/Meatboxish shizzle. :zen:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri May 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Yes, that was one of my first lessons on an analog synth. The oscillators don't need to be full blast all the time.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sat May 27, 2017 2:39 am

Yes, UC knows all the tricks. Where does he know them all? :D

And if the oscillator isn't low enough, simply connect the control wheel with the total input or the FREQ jack and use the "Frequency Modulation" knobs and the control wheel to goooo reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallyyyyyyyy looooooooow.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Askashrub, what did you wind up getting?

I find myself drawn to the monologue for whatever reason. Probably because the sequencer and because it's comparatively cheap.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 pm

I got a microbrute for $150 shipped so I'm stoked on that. Will get an Ms-20 mini when one pops up again on Craigslist for cheap.
Faldoe

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 pm

^^^THAT'S WHAT I'M FUCKING TALKING ABOUT BRO! Nice snag! I would pay that much just for the external signal processing (to use the steiner parker and brute factor) let alone the sequencer on that (I would use it on my other synths)!

You'll find an MS-20 mini for the cheap. I just posted an NYC craigslist where one went for the lowest I've seen them. A meager $250 (Remember this synth hit that market at $799. Every told Korg "No". They cut it to $499 and now the more or less sell between $350 - $450). I also saw one AND an SQ-1 combo for $375. I should have snagged that but I didn't want to drive to Staten Island (tolls alone would have made it not worth it).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Damn, that sounds like a good deal with the SQ-1! I had the chance to get an MS-20 mini for $280 awhile back but wasn't sure if I wanted it still and funds weren't there. Gonna wait to get one again around that price.
Faldoe

Previous

Return to General Gear