One Fuzz to Rule Them All

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: One Fuzz to Rule Them All

Postby Jwar » Wed May 24, 2017 12:06 pm

I want a new Frazz bad. Like, my boner bad.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby OldGeorge » Wed May 24, 2017 7:14 pm

Also a long time lurker that finally made a profile, I'm partial to muffs but have recently bought into EQD, specifically the new Erupter... I don't like to mess with settings and search for the tone so the single giant knob and compact profile really makes my life much better. If I want a little more I go clockwise, if I want a little less I go the other way. It sounds good and has a built in buffer that works well with the rest of my board. Just me but simplicity is the best thing about it
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby alexevansohio » Wed May 31, 2017 3:40 pm

I just wanted to drop back in with an update. The Algal Bloom finally arrived and... dang. What a sweet sounding pedal. Crazy useable tones right out of the box, and absolute mayhem when used in conjunction with my Mini or Barbershop. I've taken my compressor out of the equation for the initial test, but I'll try out some new placements for it tonight. Y'all are the best. Thanks for putting the Algal Bloom on my radar. It's exactly what I was looking for in an absolutely tiny package.

Cheers,
A
alexevansohio

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby frodog » Wed May 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Congrats, dude. Always wanted to try one but still haven't. Fuck me.

...how small is it, though?

:hug:
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 31, 2017 3:49 pm

frodog wrote:

...how small is it, though?

:erm:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 31, 2017 3:50 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby neonblack » Wed May 31, 2017 3:52 pm

:drool:
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:17 pm

It's not the size of the tool, but ... nevermind. Glad the Algal Bloom worked out for the OP. Mine continues to be in regular rotation when there's a need for versatile fuzz that's not overly reactive to buffers.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 am

Girl, Tom be funny calling it an overdrive! If you use it like that, I just...I don't like you anymore. haha
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 pm

Jumping in to this thread for similar purposes as the OP. Want something versatile. Buzzz is a strong contender. At some point I just have to try one through my setup and see if it works.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby neonblack » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Just know, it's crazy heavy on the bass and the mids are pretty flat. It's more huge than cutting, but it can still cut. Especially with the octave.

I'm rocking the Unpleasant Surprise right now. It's definitely not a general purpose fuzz, although it can get a few normal-ish tones. And can do some Fuck type crackle stuff at the right settings. And other settings sounds like a dying robot being run through a green ringer. Pretty good stuff.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:25 am

Got a new V2 Frazz Dazzler arriving today. My bits are tingling, I just know it's going to be YUUGGGEEE

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:14 pm

GNOMERATRON.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:27 am

Dungus wrote:Got a new V2 Frazz Dazzler arriving today. My bits are tingling, I just know it's going to be YUUGGGEEE

1) demo or it's a klon.

2) dibs on the flip.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:40 am

LAL Super Oscillo.

/thread
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear