· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Elektron Digitakt

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:21 am

This deserves its own thread.

Re: Elektron Digitakt

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:21 am

Monophonic sampling is a huge bummer on this thing.
One other thing I can't seem to get a clear answer on is whether or not you can save projects and stuff? Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention but I don't see any ability to save projects and load them up later etc. This is nearly half the price of the MPC Live, and if it can save things then I'd probably be into it a lot more.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 am

Oh man, i want this pretty bad. I hate that these things always cost so much, though. Boo hoo.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:04 am

Dungus wrote:Oh man, i want this pretty bad. I hate that these things always cost so much, though. Boo hoo.

Hey, at least it's only 50% the price of an OT...

I dunno if the mono thing is such a bummer when it's intended as a drum sampler more than anything else. I mean stereo would be GREAT for other uses but it's definitely not the end of the world.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:08 am

Huge was probably a bit dramatic, but the dude who's been demo'ing these has really been drilling it in that it's a lot more than just drums, so a bit of stereo sampling might've been nice. I think I'd just like to have a fiddle with one before actually purchasing.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:15 am

Olin wrote:Huge was probably a bit dramatic, but the dude who's been demo'ing these has really been drilling it in that it's a lot more than just drums, so a bit of stereo sampling might've been nice. I think I'd just like to have a fiddle with one before actually purchasing.

Werd.
ALSO:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:37 am

This here thing seems like a SP404 with a dope sequencer. I believe it will replace the 404 as the main tool for people to make hip-hop beat tapes. For example, I plan to acquire a Digitakt in order to realize dope beats which I can compile into a phat hip-hop beat tape which will cause head nods to break necks. If demos reveal this device's incapability of handling hot fire, though, I won't plan to acquire one any longer.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am

mr. sound boy king wrote:This here thing seems like a SP404 with a dope sequencer. I believe it will replace the 404 as the main tool for people to make hip-hop beat tapes. For example, I plan to acquire a Digitakt in order to realize dope beats which I can compile into a phat hip-hop beat tape which will cause head nods to break necks. If demos reveal this device's incapability of handling hot fire, though, I won't plan to acquire one any longer.

:D

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm

This looks much better than my electribe.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:16 pm

I wouldn't say that I regret having bought an Electribe Sampler last week – it does everything that I need, and I can sync it directly with my modular, so I have no reason to complain - but I do wish I had known about this first...

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Bartimaeus wrote:I wouldn't say that I regret having bought an Electribe Sampler last week – it does everything that I need, and I can sync it directly with my modular, so I have no reason to complain - but I do wish I had known about this first...

Oh god, I'm going to confuse you with Strange Tales until the end of days. :facepalm:

This is my take on it though, I have a bunch of stuff that does what this does, but this is all compact and interactive that it might just be worth it with what I want to do.

Also, it can glitch, oh yes can it glitch. :omg:

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:30 am

Yeah sold my electribe sampler recently because I liked it but didn't quite gel with the workflow but this seems a lot better to me, more immediate and less menu diving, great fun changing parameters.

Just checked the price though :(

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:44 am

It really does seem pretty killer... I've been flirting with the idea of getting a RYTM or an Octatrack for a while, but now this just makes me wish those had this better looking screen :facepalm:

Also, I have to say that I laugh my ass off anytime I see someone demoing a sampler or a drum machine. The button presses/knob twists are such caricatures—it's like something studied straight out of the electronic music manual.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:55 am

popvulture wrote:Also, I have to say that I laugh my ass off anytime I see someone demoing a sampler or a drum machine. The button presses/knob twists are such caricatures—it's like something studied straight out of the electronic music manual.

Like the Octatrack, it is designed with performance in mind, and as a centerpiece. I'm not really into that, either. I have a microGranny and a DR-202 and feel I'm just as well off, for my needs, at less than half the price.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 pm

I was set on getting a Digitakt (I own an Analog Four and a Machinedrum already), but as soon as I found out that there isn't a song mode, that killed it for me. I'm likely to get an MPC Live instead.
Post a reply