$harktit$' $tupid A$$ Thread: Di$cour$e Into Nothingne$$

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: PLL THREAD: NEW PLL's, WOLF EYES, AND COLD BREW GREEN TE

Postby fuzzonaut » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:24 am

$harkToootth wrote:this is the PURPLL waiting room

Cool, I'll get a chair then.
:snax:

To get a FTelettronica, you can contact Valerio and ask him to give you a heads up, whenever he will put up another one on Reverb.
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:16 am

I got some green tea samplers coming in the mail today (per Amazon one day shipping). I will cold brew and let everyone know. I also ordered John Olson's book (WOLF EYES) LIFE IS A RIP OFF.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:41 am

Snazzy FX Mini Ark
Parasit Audio Into The Unknown
Parasit Audio 0415 Synth
Dimehead
Sunsine Audio Harmonic Decoder

Also all PLL's :animal:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:19 am

i was looking at the harmonic decoder and listening to demos of it a few months ago. i don't think its actually a pll even though is advertised as one? It seems more like a ring mod, but using the canonical 4046 "pll" chip, but it just use the xor gate a a multiplier to get the ring mod effect and the switch adds some sort of envelope follower to the carrier/vco maybe?. but i have never used one in person to confirm, but even some of the youtube clips where they are showing the waveforms ona DAW, it really does not look (or sound) like a pll to me. Have you tried one? thoughts? im curious about it, if anyone has used one etc...
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:38 am

multi_s wrote:i was looking at the harmonic decoder and listening to demos of it a few months ago. i don't think its actually a pll even though is advertised as one? It seems more like a ring mod, but using the canonical 4046 "pll" chip, but it just use the xor gate a a multiplier to get the ring mod effect and the switch adds some sort of envelope follower to the carrier/vco maybe?. but i have never used one in person to confirm, but even some of the youtube clips where they are showing the waveforms ona DAW, it really does not look (or sound) like a pll to me. Have you tried one? thoughts? im curious about it, if anyone has used one etc...

I believe lordgalvar can answer some or all of these questions. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:20 am

multi_s wrote:i was looking at the harmonic decoder and listening to demos of it a few months ago. i don't think its actually a pll even though is advertised as one? It seems more like a ring mod, but using the canonical 4046 "pll" chip, but it just use the xor gate a a multiplier to get the ring mod effect and the switch adds some sort of envelope follower to the carrier/vco maybe?. but i have never used one in person to confirm, but even some of the youtube clips where they are showing the waveforms ona DAW, it really does not look (or sound) like a pll to me. Have you tried one? thoughts? im curious about it, if anyone has used one etc...

I had one, it sounded like garbage, couldn't get rid of it quick enough. It didn't track like a 'standard' PLL, or sound like one. Yeah it was pretty much a square wave ring mod in sound. The enveloping capabilities were pretty much on or off, despite having a knob for amount.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby elevenstrings » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:03 pm

As far as how it sounds and acts, the Bananana Nirvanana is very likely some kind of super stripped down PLL.
elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby multi_s » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:11 pm

elevenstrings wrote:As far as how it sounds and acts, the Bananana Nirvanana is very likely some kind of super stripped down PLL.

ya i checked out his one too after you mentioned it at NAMM. it looks like a stripped circuit as you said and has no divider output sort of thing? a sequenced multiplier section though you can change some parameters of.... it sounds pretty nice on the demos i watches though. you can see some photos of the pcb on their instagram i think, but i did not look too closely.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Scott, for the arpegiator of PURPLL, did you use the circuit from the NASA ATTRIBUTE?
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:23 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Scott, for the arpegiator of PURPLL, did you use the circuit from the NASA ATTRIBUTE?

no it achieve arp just by modulating the multiplier and divider circuits directly.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Got it. Thank you!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Antlerface » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:45 pm

multi_s wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:Scott, for the arpegiator of PURPLL, did you use the circuit from the NASA ATTRIBUTE?

no it achieve arp just by modulating the multiplier and divider circuits directly.

:joy: :omg: :!!!:
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:56 pm

I think I understand why I am drawn to this pedal (from demos and in theory) more than the others. This does not have a dedicated Fuzz knob. I think the other PLLs lose some interesting harmonics with over the top Fuzz.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Antlerface » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Also probably because it looks fucking sickkkkk
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Fitting I bought your 4046m...
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear