Adventure Audio Dream Reaper

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Adventure Audio Dream Reaper

Postby mannequin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 pm

i want this pedal so badly, good to know its versatile even without the dream settings too
mannequin

interested
interested

Postby doommeow » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:57 am

i want this
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:40 am

I love mine. It's a crazy ass pedal and it's so odd how it reacts to your pick ups. I've never had anything like it that I can remember.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby sostark » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Thinking..... I might need one finally.
Can anyone tell me there experience with expression pedals? I have Mission 25K and an expressionator that can change that to roughly 10K. The online manuals suggests nothing short of 100K but I see in Eivind's video he's using a Roland EV5 which I'm assuming is 10K. Thanks in advance for your input. Also, already having a LAL Oscillo 88, would this pedal be redundant, or a welcome addition?
sostark

interested
interested

Postby ALLisNOISE » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:40 pm

sostark wrote: Also, already having a LAL Oscillo 88, would this pedal be […] a welcome addition?

Asking this of ILF is asking Bob Ross if “burnt ochre” is a wise choice for your painting of a sunset. :lol:

I own both, and there’s definitely some overlap in the Venn diagram, but enough singular character to warrant having both.
I don’t use the expression jack on either, since I sit in front of my board and tweak as I play, so sorry I can’t help with that.

But...

When oscillating, the Dream Reaper doesn’t have quite the... nuance... that the 88 has. The 88 just responds so much more to the slightest change in capacitance like volume or tone knob changes or pickup selection.

However, the Dream Reaper is much more versatile when it come to “standard” shades of dirt. I’d say it sounds like a very lively Rat, but then you add the filter and the bias and all the othe fun stuff.

Oh! And speaking of the filter... I really dig the Dream Reaper’s oscillation tone over the 88 if I’m using either pedal as the “sound source”. Where the 88 is just pure oscillation (which can have its uses too), the Reaper’s filter is really useful for dialing in the perfect tone before sending it downstream to the rest of your effect chain.

TL;DR

Get a Dream Reaper.
Play it against your 88.
Flip the one you dig the least
...or not

Keep both for maximum ILFness
:snax:
ALLisNOISE

committed
committed

Postby Eivind August » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:56 am

^ Yeah, this sounds right. About the expression pedal, I guess 100k is better and would give you a wider range. I just have the Roland, so use that for everything. If the range I got in my video sounds good to you, then yours should be fine (someone with more technical know how can probably chime in if this is entirely wrong and dangerous).
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby ALLisNOISE » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:17 am

This guy is the last word in oscillating fuzz
ALLisNOISE

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear