BAT Witch Burner

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: BAT Witch Burner

Postby Mosfed » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:30 pm

I don't have a witch burner but I played with one for about 15 minutes. Didn't strike me as a low-to-medium gain pedal. Pretty heavy from my memory.

Great bass. Kinda middy
Mosfed

committed
committed

Postby t-rey » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:13 pm

D.o.S. wrote:That's what happened to the Headrush. I think it's a little harder to say with gain pedals, though, unless someone famous starts using it.

Makes sense. Maybe Pike will put one on his Sleep board or something, then all the cool kids would need one :lol:

BossMann73 wrote:I'm reading the description of your book on Amazon now. Wow, killer thesis man. Thanks for writing this. Just finished America The Anxious which is sort of a corrolary to your book in a sense. I'm sure you have heard tons of stories about this, but my friend who works at Deloitte here in NYC said they had to open a new HR department aimed solely at millenials and their entitlement issues.

Much appreciated, dude. I'll have to take a look at America the Anxious. That story about the HR department is probably the worst I've heard, blows my mind, but kind of doesn't surprise me...although I do have to admit that even though I mention it in the book several times, my thinking has changed pretty substantially from millenials are the fucking worst to EVERYONE is the fucking worst anymore.

Most of the stories I get are on a smaller scale than the one you shared - college professors getting emails from parents about grades, people quitting when denied a promotion after being at a company for a few months, sarcastic baristas, you know, the usual shit.

It's off market currently - at first for a rewrite, but also because of laziness, and because once I was really terrified I was being sued (turns out I'm just a super anxious person, but still...). But I've got the kindle files on my computer, I'd be happy to send you a copy if you'd like.

Mosfed wrote:I don't have a witch burner but I played with one for about 15 minutes. Didn't strike me as a low-to-medium gain pedal. Pretty heavy from my memory.

Great bass. Kinda middy

Good to know. Pretty sure my mid-gain tone is high gain to most folks, so that's probably not a deal breaker for me.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BossMann73 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:25 pm

t-rey wrote:Much appreciated, dude. I'll have to take a look at America the Anxious. That story about the HR department is probably the worst I've heard, blows my mind, but kind of doesn't surprise me...although I do have to admit that even though I mention it in the book several times, my thinking has changed pretty substantially from millenials are the fucking worst to EVERYONE is the fucking worst anymore.

Most of the stories I get are on a smaller scale than the one you shared - college professors getting emails from parents about grades, people quitting when denied a promotion after being at a company for a few months, sarcastic baristas, you know, the usual shit.

It's off market currently - at first for a rewrite, but also because of laziness, and because once I was really terrified I was being sued (turns out I'm just a super anxious person, but still...). But I've got the kindle files on my computer, I'd be happy to send you a copy if you'd like.

Thanks man. That thing at Deloitte I was telling you about was just the tip of the iceberg. These kids mothers would come in to complain that their pwechous snowflakes weren't getting promoted to Vice President..........after a week on the job!! Pretty eye opening stuff actually. I tend to agree that it's not just millenials anymore and that the entitlement syndrome has creeped into a lot of peoples consciousness. Anyhow, yes, with much appreciation I'd love a copy in whatever form you have. How should we proceed about procuring?
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby t-rey » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Just pm me your email and I'll email the file to you :thumb:
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby John Matrix » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:54 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Trey you know Harmon is blowing out the DOD Boneshaker for $40 right now right?

Fuck me. The other day I was just thinking that I was annoyed with my distortion sound...guess I gotta buy one of these.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby BossMann73 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 pm

vidret wrote:
BossMann73 wrote:There was a thread over at the bullshit nuns convention Talkbass about the Boneshaker and some manufacturing defect. JohnK noticed that two parts were swapped on the PCB that affected the depth knob in some way. Perhaps DOD just decided to cut their losses on the pedal and blow it out because so many people stopped buying it after they found out about this issue. I think they offered a free repair. In either case, I didn't need or want one, but at $40 bucks I just joined the bandwagon too. Fully parametric bass, mids, treble is too good a tool to not have lying around for the studio at least.

Got link? Maybe it could be swapped

Yo wassup Viddy my friend. I don't have the link handy and don't want to sully my computer screen with the TB page, so I will say that it's pretty easy to find. I think it's linked to in another thread about the Boneshaker. Should be pretty easy to find. From what I remember it was just two pieces that were put in the wrong place. I suspect, but have no proof, that word got around about it, sales dropped off precipitously and they decided it would be cheaper to blow out their stock rather than open up each pedal and fix the issue. Again, that is just a suspicion, I have no proof or inside info for that claim.
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby benjuro » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 am

Necro BUMP! Saw the new YOB pedal and made me bust out my VVitch Burner.

Super curious about the low gain version, seems like it might be a worthwhile mod. Anyone know what's changed in the circuit?
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear