Any Shruthi-1 users here?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Any Shruthi-1 users here?

Postby zZzZombie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 am

Just wondering if anyone is into the mutable instrument stuff mainly the old non euro rack, i have a 4pm that im trouble shooting and a set of yellowmagic pcb's still untouched but the community there is pretty moved on to euro racks so i havent done much with them. Hoping to find some people that are knowledgeable about them.
zZzZombie

interested
interested

Re: Any Shruthi-1 users here?

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 am

Have you tried posting in any build groups on Facebook or on Muff? Those people are damn smart.

For the record: I have a sort of working Shruthi XT that I'm tired of troubleshooting and want to wing out of a window.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zZzZombie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Well im a weirdo and dont use facebook, id fucking hate to end up on catfish trying to trouble shoot a damn synth, im not sure what muff is. I have had it looked at (just pictures of it not physically checked out) and was told solder joints look fine and that i might just have the wrong ic some where. I followed a crappy BOM so i wouldn't be suprised but mainly i took a big hit riding a bike home from work and kind shattered some teeth and what not soo yeah im really tiered of looking at it. I have found a few people that repair if you are interested.
zZzZombie

interested
interested

Postby resincum » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 pm

zZzZombie wrote: id fucking hate to end up on catfish trying to trouble shoot a damn synth

lmao wut??

godspeed shruthi-1 is awesome
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby zZzZombie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 am

Just joking, what edition do you use? Id love to have an xt but doubt i could finish it.
zZzZombie

interested
interested

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:41 am

My XT was rad.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:52 am

zZzZombie wrote:Just joking, what edition do you use? Id love to have an xt but doubt i could finish it.

It's just a Shruthi but instead of all controls being on the 4 knobs you have the whole interface expanded to you. I'm using Oldcrows CS-80 Filter card. Problem with mine though is that the screen flashes values all over the place and doesn't really output anything unless I have the second button pressed. Does it with or without ICs so I'm sort of lost.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zZzZombie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:37 am

If your in US i can point out 2 people that i was going to get to service mine, but due to being a bum i ended up flaking and they dont really email me anymore especially when i have a paycheck going.
zZzZombie

interested
interested

Postby space6oy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 pm

i have one but haven't used it in years.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:29 pm

zZzZombie wrote:If your in US i can point out 2 people that i was going to get to service mine, but due to being a bum i ended up flaking and they dont really email me anymore especially when i have a paycheck going.

Apparently my issue was *slightly* related to the power supply I was using. Apparently 9V wasn't cutting it, but 12V it runs loud and mean... on the Filter menu. Other menus still output insane noise, back to the bench. Sounds phenomenal though with the CS80 filter. Gotta get heatsinks for my 7805 and 7806 now though.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zZzZombie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:30 am

Im afraid i zapped mine with the power supply but from what i have found out i should be fine i really need to get motivated at looking at it again i know its not to far from finished or at least start a BOM for the yellow magic boards i have.
zZzZombie

interested
interested

Postby Strange Tales » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:18 am

What exactly is wrong with yours? You can use up to 15V safely with the Shruthi (your voltage regulators are going to be running lava hot though, not recommended at all) but general power supplies can be all over the place with what they actually supply volts-wise. You might get a few more answers from others if you post about your issue in the DIY forum here as well.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zZzZombie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:31 pm

It has never done much from what i have had checked out my joints are fine i need to go threw my ic's i think i used a bogus BOM but i did double check resistors and caps and all is good. I really think i might just have to drop in some new ic's i just broke my face biking home not to long after getting it done and had a kinda start fresh moment so been reading and looking at em again just not where i was with the motivation and all that other good stuff. Have a hard time focusing for a few hours still when it comes to critical stuff been working on it.
zZzZombie

interested
interested

Return to General Gear