Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Postby baremountain » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Mine is en route to my mailbox as I type. The hype is real, I will certainly post back with some findings.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Mine is making a pitstop by DRod's place before heading to me. Very excited!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:23 am

Someone please play a whole bunch of fast meedly-meedly notes through theirs to see how well it really tracks. The P&E review said it tracks amazingly, but they still didn't play anything actually demonstrating that. I wanna know if it can cop some Keith Emerson or Jan Hammer-stye stuff besides "just" scoring Michael Mann movies.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:57 am

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:21 am

The Eristic wrote:Someone please play a whole bunch of fast meedly-meedly notes through theirs to see how well it really tracks.

I will let Eivind play it. He can meedly-meedly.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:08 am

:lol: How very UglyCasanova-y of you. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:34 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muse FTW » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Chankgeez wrote:The flippage has already begun: https://reverb.com/marketplace/effects- ... query=Enzo

:idk:

Neither person even played theirs. Fucking LOL.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm

I know that's why I got mine
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:23 pm

:lol: How very un-UglyCasanova-y of you. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:52 pm

ZING! :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:19 pm

The Eristic wrote:Someone please play a whole bunch of fast meedly-meedly notes through theirs to see how well it really tracks. The P&E review said it tracks amazingly, but they still didn't play anything actually demonstrating that. I wanna know if it can cop some Keith Emerson or Jan Hammer-stye stuff besides "just" scoring Michael Mann movies.

It tracks accurately, idk how fast though. I do know that the filter envelope and sustain make the tracking shower, so unless sustain is at minimum and the envelope is super short, you couldn’t play fast and have it trigger each note
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:23 pm

ts50b wrote:you couldn’t play fast and have it trigger each note

I know this is honeymoon phase for folks, and I don’t have one, so grains of salt and whatnot, but the vids seem to show a bit of latency as it’s processing.

And hate to say it, but it has some infinite jets qualities to my ears. Much better control of parameters, fo sho, but seems cut from the same cloth. *runs for exit*
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby bacegchsbis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:55 pm

The Eristic wrote:Someone please play a whole bunch of fast meedly-meedly notes through theirs to see how well it really tracks. The P&E review said it tracks amazingly, but they still didn't play anything actually demonstrating that. I wanna know if it can cop some Keith Emerson or Jan Hammer-stye stuff besides "just" scoring Michael Mann movies.

Nope, definitely not. Mine came in today and I spent a good amount of time with it. The tracking is not bad by any means but to be honest it’s not as good as I expected. And to be fair I had extremely high expectations from Meris, but the tracking on my old HOG2 was considerably better. I could shred on that thing. It’s also not super clean in poly mode playing more complex chords, and this is with it first in the chain and a P90 with vol/tone completely open.

All that said, the Enzo sounds fucking incredible. The filter is amazing and the actual quality of sound that comes out of this thing is unreal. Arp mode is super cool but it’s also kinda lame that you can only control the tempo via tap, and there is no way to change the tap subdivisions. If you want fast arps you’ve gotta hammer that tap switch. I’m sure it can be done in some way via midi but I haven’t looked into that.

I got this to replace my superego+ and it’s looking like it will. It sounds amazing for pads and freeze type sounds, but I am disappointed that I can’t get it to sound as good as my HOG for synthy/fusiony Kurt Rosenwinkel lead stuff.
bacegchsbis

involved
involved

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 am

Nice to see some unbiased opinions on this! I will likely do a short video of it when I get it to show what makes it shit the bed and what works better. I'm not a meedly-meedly player so hopefully I don't care about the tracking issue with synth pedals not being solved yet. Regarding the infinite jets comment, my main issue with the IJ was that it cut out a large portion of your dry signal's lows, which I really hope this does not do. I assume there is a compressor working somewhere in the background (outside of dry mode), but hopefully the mix in the synth modes splits the dry and wet signal so as to leave the dry signal as is.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear