Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Postby Dandolin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:05 pm

I don't think so? But you could re-syntheeize other keys through it :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Hey all, just wanted to share here that I have figured out how to DIY a 4-preset footswitch for the entire Meris line.
Use the Red Panda Tensor footswitch schematic as your reference (http://redpandalab.freshdesk.com/suppor ... ote-switch).
Assuming that in the Red Panda diagram, R1=2k, R2=1k, R3=500, and R4=250 you'll wanna make the following substitutions:
R1= 510
R2 = 240
R3 = 100
R4 = short/0
I'll verify after work this with my build notes that I left at home, but I'm certain about the 510, 240, and short values. EDIT: Values are all correct!
Also I should say that I can't speak to the orientation of the switches (which one is #1 vs which ones is #4) so it may be backwards, but that's trivial when you're saving $75+ DIYing it. I think the Enzo specifically is much more useful with a bank of sounds on hand, so I hope someone else gets some use out of this :)
Last edited by baremountain on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:08 pm

Very cool
I just got a Polymoon and I can see wanting presets
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby The Eristic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:48 am

Ottobit & M7 showed up. Love the M7 so far, but is it impossible to do long pitched verbs or am I missing something? The instant I turn on the pitch knob, all my decay disappears.

Also, the Ottobit needs a mix control badly. Finding some really impressive sounds, but very hard to get them under control in the room. Dug through the manual hoping for a hidden feature, but nothing. Gonna need to get a loop w/ mix for it to live in, I think.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby harpies » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:46 am

Your hitting on the problem I have with meris pedals, that there is one fundamental thing that kills it. Mix for ottobit (and better arp control) and the Enzo needs a volume control desperately. I can’t remember what problem I had with the m7, other than I couldn’t ever be happy with my sound. Never tried the polymoon, But I won’t...the form factor they chose makes sense for keeping the pedal compact, but I need the visual cue of individual knobs. A digital editor from meris would go a long way to help their lineup for people like me. I also spent hours trying to get the midi on the Enzo working with a dmc, and it was a disaster...probably my fault though. It ducks bc their pedals have some amazing sounds, but it takes so much work to pull them out that the fun is lost on me.
harpies

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:09 pm

The Eristic wrote:Ottobit & M7 showed up. Love the M7 so far, but is it impossible to do long pitched verbs or am I missing something? The instant I turn on the pitch knob, all my decay disappears.

That's just how it works, unfortunately. I still think it's the best sounding reverb in terms of normal reverb sounds, so I've still kept mine, but like stated above, all of their pedals always tend to miss something essential. Shame.

Still enjoying the Enzo, but I've ended up running it with global kill dry because the volume fluctuation is so bad. I'd love to have my dry signal In there for some settings though. As far as Midi implementation goes, it's a mess for sure. Why would you make the alt. function button the same button as "save preset over Midi"? So, you can save a preset, but if you want to tweak one or more of the 8 parameters available through the alt button, say during a live performance, you're overwriting the preset. It's such a bad idea, it's baffling. Why didn't they use the "mode" button? That one doesn't have two functions like the tap/alt button. I can't comprehend it.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:34 pm

harpies wrote:A digital editor from meris would go a long way to help their lineup for people like me..

Would be excellent. Also, a strip of LEDs would be a godsend for using the sequencer on the fly, and would fit nicely above the "OTTOBIT", though I guess that would disrupt their whole identical form factor thing. They could surely find uses for them on the rest of the lineup, however.

UglyCasanova wrote:That's just how it works, unfortunately. I still think it's the best sounding reverb in terms of normal reverb sounds, so I've still kept mine, but like stated above, all of their pedals always tend to miss something essential. Shame.

Yeah, it's frustrating. I mostly prefer my old Context for straight-ahead verbs. I bought the M7 for more esoteric sounds, particularly the massive infinite settings, but I had no idea about the pitch-decay limitation. Still sounds amazing without, but I can't help feeling disappointed that I've shelled out for something much more limited than expected, and much more limited for no reason I can readily discern. Suppose I'll hold out hope for firmware updates and/or an app.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby manymanyhaha » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 am

I have two Polymoons, an Ottobit and an Enzo.

Meris clearly has a minimalist graphic aesthetic that they are overlaying onto a maximalist feature paradigm. It makes sense however it does make their pedals difficult to remember what does what for us half-wits.

The Polymoon: Lovely pedal. I just wish the Alt functions were listed under the primary ones. I can never remember what does what, even with two of them after a year. (Yes, I know, I just need to write onto some tape/stickers under each knob but from experience, that tape/stickers will leave their impression making the pedal harder to sell/less valuable over time).

The Ottobit: Needs a Master Volume, desperately. Constantly gets lost in the mix without one. Agree that it could use LEDs for the sequencer. And again, wish they would list the Alt functions graphically under the primary ones. Very fond of the glitchy part of this, wish there were two Stutters, one for the Left and the Right for the ultimate stereo beauty and a randomization switch for the bottom row of knobs. That's how I use it. The Stutter on this pedal changed my music for the better but again, really wish there was a Master Volume.

The Enzo: Haven't had a chance to play with this one much yet but by far, their deepest pedal that absolutely needs the Alt functions written graphically on the front. Every knob and alt function changes the sound on this pedal drastically.

Mercury 7: Had it and tried very hard for a year to get it to integrate into my music but never could get anything original out of it, unlike their other pedals.

Buy I love the small format and dual mono function of all of them. I wish there were more pedalboard friendly trs to dual mono cable options.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ritz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Definitely sadly agreeing with a lot of the above. They are all a bit hampered or even crippled at times due to an out of balance minimalism relative to the features crammed in.

Ebs sells flat insert cables now which are trs to dual ts. They also have trs to trs which is new
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:07 am

baremountain wrote:Hey all, just wanted to share here that I have figured out how to DIY a 4-preset footswitch for the entire Meris line.
Use the Red Panda Tensor footswitch schematic as your reference (http://redpandalab.freshdesk.com/suppor ... ote-switch).
Assuming that in the Red Panda diagram, R1=2k, R2=1k, R3=500, and R4=250 you'll wanna make the following substitutions:
R1= 510
R2 = 240
R3 = 100
R4 = short/0
I'll verify after work this with my build notes that I left at home, but I'm certain about the 510, 240, and short values.
Also I should say that I can't speak to the orientation of the switches (which one is #1 vs which ones is #4) so it may be backwards, but that's trivial when you're saving $75+ DIYing it. I think the Enzo specifically is much more useful with a bank of sounds on hand, so I hope someone else gets some use out of this :)

Excuse me but I'm far too dumb to do this. Care to make me one? ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:07 am

baremountain wrote:Hey all, just wanted to share here that I have figured out how to DIY a 4-preset footswitch for the entire Meris line.
R1= 510
R2 = 240
R3 = 100
R4 = short/0
I'll verify after work this with my build notes that I left at home, but I'm certain about the 510, 240, and short values.

Excuse me but I'm far too dumb to do this. Care to make me one? ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 am

Or post pictures with that schematic? After looking at it, it looks stupid simple.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby baremountain » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:19 am

Jwar wrote:Or post pictures with that schematic? After looking at it, it looks stupid simple.

Yeah I'll DM you!! :)
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ritz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:27 am

me too please
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby manymanyhaha » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 am

ritz wrote:Definitely sadly agreeing with a lot of the above. They are all a bit hampered or even crippled at times due to an out of balance minimalism relative to the features crammed in.

Ebs sells flat insert cables now which are trs to dual ts. They also have trs to trs which is new

I'm using the EBS cables but they are quite short, constrains layout options.

Edit: I found these: http://hosatech.com/product/stp-201rr/
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear