Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Meris? Blade Runner inspired reverb? & Ottobits too!!!

Postby Jwar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:09 pm

worra wrote:This sounds rad but none of the clips made me think "hm, my echosystem can't do that"

Maybe, but at the same time, I dunno. I thought the same thing about the Merc7 and was sorely mistaken. It is voiced differently and works in a different manor.

I'd say you're going to either have to buy one of these and A/B or send your Echo System to me and let me do it. I vote for the second option obviously. ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Ruiner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:11 pm

I was hearing a lot in the examples that I wouldn't be able to get out of my EchoSystem. Very different with all the filter and lfo options and even the way the delay actually works. Could be wrong.. haven't spent a ton of time with my EchoSystem but this seemed very different to me especially the way the stereo works which is the most appealing part to me.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Will the OttoBit work with a C.V. controller?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby ritz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Yeah I don't think there is anything really the same out there in terms of structure. Dual flangers into a 1-6 tap delay network into dual phasers.

Sasquatch, can you say more about how the delay network works with taps, panning, etc? Also any differences with mono vs stereo inputs.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby worra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Ruiner wrote:I was hearing a lot in the examples that I wouldn't be able to get out of my EchoSystem. Very different with all the filter and lfo options and even the way the delay actually works. Could be wrong.. haven't spent a ton of time with my EchoSystem but this seemed very different to me especially the way the stereo works which is the most appealing part to me.

I don't know what "a ton" of time means to you but if it's anything like the amount of time you put into your other gear I'd say you probably know very little about what the echosystem can actually do. :facepalm:

Tried running dual engines in left/right stereo with both delays set to one of the filter algos, but set to different speeds?

That said, I have a Mercury 7 and an Empress Reverb so it would probably be somewhat hypocritical of me to say that having a fair amount of feature overlap is a deal breaker :lol:
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby snipejd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm

just grabbed an Ottobit off the bay, definitely a unique beast. It really needs a preset controller and still being able to Midi sync temp would be great but I don't think it's going to be able to do both.
snipejd

involved
involved

Postby Ruiner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 pm

worra wrote:
Ruiner wrote:I was hearing a lot in the examples that I wouldn't be able to get out of my EchoSystem. Very different with all the filter and lfo options and even the way the delay actually works. Could be wrong.. haven't spent a ton of time with my EchoSystem but this seemed very different to me especially the way the stereo works which is the most appealing part to me.

I don't know what "a ton" of time means to you but if it's anything like the amount of time you put into your other gear I'd say you probably know very little about what the echosystem can actually do. :facepalm:

Tried running dual engines in left/right stereo with both delays set to one of the filter algos, but set to different speeds?

That said, I have a Mercury 7 and an Empress Reverb so it would probably be somewhat hypocritical of me to say that having a fair amount of feature overlap is a deal breaker :lol:

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Sasquatch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:47 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Will the OttoBit work with a C.V. controller?

Yes, all three pedals: Ottobit Jr., Mercury7, and Polymoon will accept CV over the EXP jack.
Angelo Mazzocco
DSP Engineer / VP
http://www.meris.us
Sasquatch

involved
involved

Postby Sasquatch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 pm

snipejd wrote:just grabbed an Ottobit off the bay, definitely a unique beast. It really needs a preset controller and still being able to Midi sync temp would be great but I don't think it's going to be able to do both.

Our pedals can definitely receive both preset changes and Midi sync. They can receive preset data, MIDI CCs, MIDI Beat Clock, SysEx and more all from a single connection. I do this all the time with my setups at home and in the office.

I'd be happy to help you out over the phone, if you'd like to call during tomorrow during business hours. I'm confident we can help you out. Our direct office line is listed at the bottom of this page: https://www.meris.us/support/
Angelo Mazzocco
DSP Engineer / VP
Sasquatch

involved
involved

Postby codetocontra » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:04 am

Ruiner wrote:
worra wrote:

Pfft, those don't even have rare hand-crafted salt crystals. Disappointed.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Sasquatch » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:18 am

ritz wrote:Yeah I don't think there is anything really the same out there in terms of structure. Dual flangers into a 1-6 tap delay network into dual phasers.

Sasquatch, can you say more about how the delay network works with taps, panning, etc? Also any differences with mono vs stereo inputs.

Sure. The Multiply control makes massive changes on how the taps are organized, leveled and panned. The delay network is both series and parallel with a dedicated modulation source for each tap. This allows for the layered additive smearing that Holdsworth pioneered. The Feedback control adds regeneration to the whole algorithm and Dimension applies a special regeneration at each tap. All of the controls work together to provide all sorts of fun unexpected sounds. The sound clips are just the tip of the iceberg. I think what is so powerful about the Polymoon is that every control is live via the expression pedal; you can set up two completely different delay sounds and then use the expression pedal to smoothly transition between the two, hitting all sorts of unexpected sounds in between. If you own our other pedals, you are probably like "yeah, yeah, yeah", but the Polymoon really takes this up a notch.

One of the fun things I haven't demo'd yet (and probably still won't have time to demo in the upcoming video) is setting Feedback to zero, setting Multiply to 1, and then using the Dimension knob to bring in reflections that sound like your guitar is building in a ghostly, reverse reverb but not really, odd but useful way. :)

As far as stereo versus mono, both sound good. Obviously, if you connect in mono, the same signal is being sent to both Dynamic Flangers, whereas, in stereo you can send a different signal to each. And again, while mono out sounds great, stereo out gives you the ultra wide the series/parallel mix of the Flangers, the stereo spread of the delay taps and their 6 modulation sources, and the huge stereo imaging that the pair of Phasers provide.
Angelo Mazzocco
DSP Engineer / VP
Sasquatch

involved
involved

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:27 am

Ruiner wrote:
worra wrote:

:p :p :p :p :p
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:43 am

:lol: true story but I still call them both :hello:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:52 am

The good old "don't hate the playa hate the game" :lol: :thumb:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 am

I know these feelings...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear