Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Postby Confuzzled » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:03 pm

ugh. Can someone delete this? I acidentally double posted the same response
Last edited by Confuzzled on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Postby Confuzzled » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:03 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
The Eristic wrote:Ottobit & M7 showed up. Love the M7 so far, but is it impossible to do long pitched verbs or am I missing something? The instant I turn on the pitch knob, all my decay disappears.

That's just how it works, unfortunately. I still think it's the best sounding reverb in terms of normal reverb sounds, so I've still kept mine, but like stated above, all of their pedals always tend to miss something essential. Shame.

Still enjoying the Enzo, but I've ended up running it with global kill dry because the volume fluctuation is so bad. I'd love to have my dry signal In there for some settings though. As far as Midi implementation goes, it's a mess for sure. Why would you make the alt. function button the same button as "save preset over Midi"? So, you can save a preset, but if you want to tweak one or more of the 8 parameters available through the alt button, say during a live performance, you're overwriting the preset. It's such a bad idea, it's baffling. Why didn't they use the "mode" button? That one doesn't have two functions like the tap/alt button. I can't comprehend it.

I just got mine this weekend, read the enclosed manual and downloaded the PDF. It's interesting and complex I've barely scratched the surface with functionality. I'm guessing they are following the same pattern as chase bliss and alexander and the like by using the same pedal format for everything so they can save money on metal work. I like it, but I haven't put it in a chain with anything to test out the volume drop. Is it in need of a boost pedal before or after?
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm

If you've got room for a volume pedal or something similar, if put one after. I goes from way quiet to super loud.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:46 pm

I don't understand the Enzo at all. Like, not even close. I've been fucking with it for a minute too. It's either over my head or I'm just too fucking stupid to get how to do shit on it. It sounds good, but I can't seem to refine it the way I want and it doesn't sit well mixed with fuzz for some fucking reason.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:28 pm

What don't you understand about it? I can make a quick video. It's actually not that complex, it just has some stupid design choices.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:38 am

The Eristic wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:That's just how it works, unfortunately. I still think it's the best sounding reverb in terms of normal reverb sounds, so I've still kept mine, but like stated above, all of their pedals always tend to miss something essential. Shame.

Yeah, it's frustrating. I mostly prefer my old Context for straight-ahead verbs. I bought the M7 for more esoteric sounds, particularly the massive infinite settings, but I had no idea about the pitch-decay limitation. Still sounds amazing without, but I can't help feeling disappointed that I've shelled out for something much more limited than expected, and much more limited for no reason I can readily discern. Suppose I'll hold out hope for firmware updates and/or an app.

On mine I've carefully set the Density, Pre Delay and Pitch vector mix alt functions. Remeber that to have infinity reverbs at least one of the EQ control has to be at max or quite high value. This way I was able to get very long and infinite reverbs with almost every vector pitch. I love the slight pitch down: with Low on max it becomes a subwoofer killer!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:45 am

baremountain wrote:Hey all, just wanted to share here that I have figured out how to DIY a 4-preset footswitch for the entire Meris line.
Use the Red Panda Tensor footswitch schematic as your reference (http://redpandalab.freshdesk.com/suppor ... ote-switch).
Assuming that in the Red Panda diagram, R1=2k, R2=1k, R3=500, and R4=250 you'll wanna make the following substitutions:
R1= 510
R2 = 240
R3 = 100
R4 = short/0
I'll verify after work this with my build notes that I left at home, but I'm certain about the 510, 240, and short values. EDIT: Values are all correct!
Also I should say that I can't speak to the orientation of the switches (which one is #1 vs which ones is #4) so it may be backwards, but that's trivial when you're saving $75+ DIYing it. I think the Enzo specifically is much more useful with a bank of sounds on hand, so I hope someone else gets some use out of this :)

Keep us inrofmed about your progress on this. I'll may also build one!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Confuzzled » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:23 am

UglyCasanova wrote:What don't you understand about it? I can make a quick video. It's actually not that complex, it just has some stupid design choices.

i think it's just a time issue and quite honestly the guy from meris who demos the product does a lot better job of explaining the functionality than their manuals. I got more from watching him in his swanky setting talking through the functions than the odd leaflet and PDF.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 am

UglyCasanova wrote:What don't you understand about it? I can make a quick video. It's actually not that complex, it just has some stupid design choices.

I guess I don't understand how to make it sound not like an 80's synth. The demo I heard had some really cool sounds but I can't find out how to get them out of the pedal.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby twincities » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:14 am

enzo - any way to get cv/midi pitch + gate info out? seems like the midi adapter they make is just for presets? i'd love to use their arp generator stuff on other synths, or in modular world instead of just the internal engine.
twincities

interested
interested

Postby baremountain » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:05 am

twincities wrote:enzo - any way to get cv/midi pitch + gate info out? seems like the midi adapter they make is just for presets? i'd love to use their arp generator stuff on other synths, or in modular world instead of just the internal engine.

Nah, all the note/tracking stuff is 100% internal. No way to get MIDI or CV out of this bad boy unfortunately. Their MIDI interface is only for editing and preset storage/recall. That said, you can always do the inverse and run synths into the Enzo! Obviously it's no longer controlled by your guitar which is the main thing I imagine you're going for, but I did this with a bus of several poly synths while recording a cover a while back & it actually sounds pretty tight. It really warms up more digital sounding synths like the OP-1.

Jwar, have you messed with the different waveshape (Alt + Bypass) or switching from a triggered envelope to the envelope follower (Alt + Tap)? Those might help you coax different sounds out? No matter what at the end of the day I think you're gonna find that a lot of settings will sound like 80s subtractive synths because that's basically what this is at its core. Other than the waveshape and envelope following, choosing your filter type (Alt+Filter, divided into 6 equal size sectors) will also allow for a lot of variance in tone. When trying to find a sound you like, I've also found it's easier to turn the envelope follower off altogether, only using it to spice things up once the core sound is something I enjoy.
Last edited by baremountain on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 am

Yea dude I've messed with a ton of shit on it. I think the person who had it before me kind of set it up for them and I need to factory reset it. I did the same thing and Worra bought my Polymoon and said "what the fuck". LOL. So, that's most likely the issue. Those controls are sensitive bro.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby baremountain » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:17 am

Yeah for sure. I had set my input sensitivity to line in for my synths & then when I plugged my low-output acoustic guitar in I was super confused why the tracking all of a sudden went to shit, when it was just because it was looking for a much hotter signal at the input. I dig the flexibility the Global options allow but man it sucks having to keep track of my manuals at all times for when I wanna switch to a different input or send stereo in, etc and need to change one of them. Eventide really figured that shit out with the small LINE/GUITAR and LINE/AMP switches next to the ins and outs. I'm about a hair's width away from printing out transparent labels to list the Global and maybe the Alt functions under each knob.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:09 pm

I agree totally, especially with the secondary functions. It's really annoying not to be able to see those without the manual. I would pay more for these if they did them a little bit different. Like integrated a menu screen. Even a simplistic one would be awesome. I get that's it's supposed to be an affordable DSP pedal but there's so many things they could do better with just having some minor tweaks.

The knobs for instance are easily fixable with artwork. Just label them gain/volume or whatever.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Just acid etch it with the secondary function controls labeled. I plan on refinishing mine post Xmas and will do just that.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear