Muff with it's own personallity

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Muff with it's own personallity

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:33 pm

Yeah, depends on what fuzz war version you get. The later ones are closer to the muff circuit. I miss my fuzz war, thing is a beast.

Also doom Bloom doesn't sound muffy to me but that thing is heavy. Love it.
instagram: digitally_analog | snapchat: dave1856
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:37 pm

I haven't tried enough of these top contenders to make any sort of muff related claims...But I still owned a good number of different muff style fuzzes, and the one I've been impressed with the most had more gain and low end than your typical triangle/rams head based muff circuit: Musket. Weird it seemed to have fallen out of favor here. It used to be impossible to talk about muffs or walk into a 'show yer board' thread and NOT trip over a pile of muskets :idk:

At least two of those controls were totally useless to me though. Two seperate gain controls? They can't pack all the gain in one control? And what the hell does a damn disortion pedlol need a "focus" control for anyway, when there's already two different tone controls? :?:

/rant :)

Srry, it's a pet peeve of mine, but I DO really like the musket. If they ever start building one with three or four controls, I'd be all over that like flies on poo.

Btw, the supercollider and pharaoh were mensioned...Aren't they regarded as being a bit more mellow in the gain departement, rather than heavier? :idk:
univalve wrote:The fuzz pedlols fuck everything up...
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby vidret » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:33 pm

frigid midget wrote:I haven't tried enough of these top contenders to make any sort of muff related claims...But I still owned a good number of different muff style fuzzes, and the one I've been impressed with the most had more gain and low end than your typical triangle/rams head based muff circuit: Musket. Weird it seemed to have fallen out of favor here. It used to be impossible to talk about muffs or walk into a 'show yer board' thread and NOT trip over a pile of muskets :idk:

At least two of those controls were totally useless to me though. Two seperate gain controls? They can't pack all the gain in one control? And what the hell does a damn disortion pedlol need a "focus" control for anyway, when there's already two different tone controls? :?:

/rant :)

Srry, it's a pet peeve of mine, but I DO really like the musket. If they ever start building one with three or four controls, I'd be all over that like flies on poo.

Btw, the supercollider and pharaoh were mensioned...Aren't they regarded as being a bit more mellow in the gain departement, rather than heavier? :idk:

I think pregain is very useful, but the sweep might've been too short. The focus control is most probably a bass input clipping, which is awesome, but that sweep seemed a bit too small.
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:36 pm

I heard your mother's muff has a great personality.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby sylnau » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Your boner!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:49 pm

sylnau wrote:Your boner!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:20 pm

:lol:
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (7.19 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby maggot » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:43 pm

I got a Hoof in the mail today. I'm not sure I like it. Its personality is a little generic (although I think I'm expecting too much from my baseline fuzz). I actually prefer the Cloven Hoof, which has a more pronounced, if not entirely pleasing, personality. I'll try it out with the band, but I imagine it'll end up getting traded for a non-Muff. I try to do as much as I can on the my Fuzzolo, but it doesn't stack that well, so it has limitations.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby cbm » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:41 pm

I think the Basic Audio Alter-destiny fits the bill pretty well. It has enough EQ to move it out of Strictly Muff territory.
cbm

interested
interested

Postby sylnau » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm torn between the Frantone Cream Puff and the Peach Fuzz.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Eau Claire Thunder or the Standard Supercollider. I really enjoyed a stock Black russian Muff as well for its character as well.
mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby AZX309 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:00 pm

BAT Revelation. Its a muff with out the tone section and and more control over input level
https://www.instagram.com/azx309/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby julius_deane » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:34 pm

PumpkinPieces wrote:Eau Claire Thunder or the Standard Supercollider. I really enjoyed a stock Black russian Muff as well for its character as well.

I was about to mention the ECT. And now there's the Baby Thunda!
F up my Insta: grr_noise
julius_deane

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Hobbes96 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:18 am

I am definitely want to try an ect or baby thunder, but I really can't bring myself to shell out that much for a dirt pedal. I feel like $100 used after shipping is my limit for dirty unless it has something really really really cool going on
We're on a road to nowhere. Come take a ride.
Hobbes96

committed
committed

Postby humandingus » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:14 pm

the cameltone freak scene has it's own splattery personality quirkiness!

http://www.cameltone.net/
humandingus

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear