JHS be JHSin

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: JHS be JHSin

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Guess who that commenter is? :snax: I'll bet you a Metal Zone you can't guess. :lol:

:lol: I noticed him yesterday from that Wampler thread.
I love how he keeps jumping to new forums and leaving angry rant posts everywhere he goes.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Also, this gave me a chuckle:
NSFW: show
vernplum wrote:Michaelangelo - I just wanna make sure we're all talking about the same thing:

Is it this?

or this?

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 pm

:lol:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Aghartha wrote:
DigiTechRep wrote:I started researching pedal names based upon some of my jokes above and I stumbled upon these guys:

https://throneroompedals.com/artists/

https://throneroompedals.com/

They're copying JHS, is this meta or recursive or both?

They also list IHOP-KC as an artist.

HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rickenbastard » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm

This gave me so many lol’s
And sorry if I’m captain obvious but saying JHS’th out loud is JHS with a “gay” lisp added.
Genius.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Now that we're talking about the really important shit, there is no in-production version of the Death Metal and the circuit could (fairly easily) be reintroduced in a way that would appeal to the tabletop and experimental folks as well as the normal guitarists looking for gain on gain action.

Christ, DOD reissue talk? Gain on gain action? Sexy lesbian nuns? This thread has everything I like.

I legit love the awesome powers of the DOD Death Metal. I even run an Instagram fan page for it. :whateva:
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 pm

retinal orbita wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:IDK I thought most of the responses were pretty reasonable and along the lines of "duck off with your outrage"

I guess it’s just the idea of that sort of pseudo-indignance EXISTING. “Please help me lesbian nurses offend me and I must vent my outrage to the world”.

thought: the guy who started the TGP thread and got reverb to censor the listing probably wouldn't have cared if he hadn't seen a cartoon penis and two men kissing.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby molokaio » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm

lol'd at the michelangelo image. my limboner!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

Postby The Eristic » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Welp, "they" (presumably) got the pedals removed from Reverb.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 am

What a bunch of pansies. OH my fucking eyes hurt from seeing the boobs! Give me a break.

I am always baffled by people who get so fucking offended by graphics. Is it tasteful? Depends on who you are and what you deem to be tasteful.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby quarterpound » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:04 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:That's the thing, he could just say "yeah, we did that stuff before and now we don't" and I'd say nice one for owning up, now go back to make your boring overdrives.

Q. F. TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
quarterpound

committed
committed

Postby echorec » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:45 pm

Could we talk about the gloriously trailblazing enterprise that is JHS' 2019 catalog? First you've got the JHS (by Milkman) "Loud Is More Good" amp. Derr, I made a gear / caveman pun. :picard:

1) It's white (duh, like God's beard).
2) It's got a terrible name.
3) It's double the cost of what you'd pay for a killer used amp. At $2,600, it could even be 5x what you might find in the trade pages.
4) Instead of cloning a market-tested design, or I dunno...*cough cough* designing something of their own with their small army of employees, they contracted someone else to make them their amp. It's such a vanity release.

Then you've got the ultra-exclusive, factory-to-table sonic anthology of pedals you just can't get anywhere else. It's 2019, people. You can't find a goddam Tonebender anywhere. A $400 treble booster, a $400 Fuzz Face....no one's ever done this before. The man's a genius, people. Call the MacArthur Foundation and back up the Brinks truck. This man gets all the monies.

I'm not a huge Lovetone fan. I thought the founder, Vlad, was a fairly shitty businessman, and I've posted about their customer service shortcomings multiple times. That being said, I hate to see a new generation of kids introduced to Lovetone through JHS---the company so fucking unoriginal that they couldn't even create their own name. John Hornby Skewes says "hello", Josh Heath Scott.

https://www.jhs.co.uk

Some people might be asking, "Why now? Isn't the entire pedal industry an ecosystem of slightly-modified retreads?" Yes & no. For every 10-20 boring lines, there's a company doing something at least somewhat pleasing (a filtered reverb, a synth-inspired arpeggiator, ramping delay). It's not a new genre of effects I'm asking for, but at least give us some mildly refreshing sounds. Every time JHS releases something, I see these goofballs praising JHS and it makes me ill. (hence the rant) What I cannot forgive about JHS (besides their support of genocidal cults) is how audaciously sterile they are. They encapsulate the worst aspects of over-inflated mediocrity. In a world of broken-hearted refugees and fiery, too-brilliant-to-succeed eccentrics, you've also got the shit----no style, no innovation, no excitement----just year-after-year of institutional bleh that manages to rise to obscenely disproportionate levels of financial success.

Buying JHS is like paying $14.99 for a carton of sugar-free vanilla ice cream. You could buy the Belgian chocolate gelato for $5.99, but why would you want to experience the agony of flavor? JHS is so superlatively milquetoast and unimaginative it leaves me feeling spiritually violated. JHS is so sterile, that their blandness actually transcends into decadence. I didn't realize that was possible before, but it bears repeating. They're so stiflingly opposed to innovation, that they're actually hedonistically bland.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:12 am

tremolo3 wrote:
rustywire wrote:
Sorry buddy. Not really my problem

Never forget.

The banality of evil < drinking out of cups :excellent:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 am

echorec wrote:4) Instead of cloning a market-tested design, or I dunno...*cough cough* designing something of their own with their small army of employees, they contracted someone else to make them their amp.

This is the case with their pedals, too. Note the relative increase in circuit complexity over the last few years? The multi-circuit drives, time-based stuff, etc, after so many DIY dirt clones? They've been OEM'd all the way down to the circuit design level by a couple much more competent makers for a while now.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:54 am

slightly off-topic, but the little red Gretsch solidbody i recently bought is alleged to have previously belonged to JHS Josh. i've been trying to smoke as much weed around it as possible to allow it to decompress after all that no-fun-da-mental-ism, but unfortunately cannot generate the degree of debauchery needed for a complete deprogramming.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear