· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Henry Kaiser and I will be at the Red Panda booth at 3pm on Friday at NAMM demoing these.
Should have a demo next week to run through (it won't be the final version. Those ship 1/25 as previously stated).

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:02 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Patience now. New preorder ship date is 1/25.

I apologize that we are not going to meet the January 5th estimated ship date for your Tensor preorder.

The pre-production Tensor circuit boards were noisier than I liked in certain situations. I decided to upgrade the ADC/DAC from a portable (low voltage) Codec to a higher-performance Codec with its own, separate power supply. The new Codec has 104 dB dynamic range, -95 dB ADC THD+N, -90 dB DAC THD+N, and up to +12 dB analog gain to handle everything from quiet guitars to synths. I decided it was better to be a few weeks late than have the first batch of Tensors be noisy.

We expedited the initial set of circuit boards, but unfortunately they will not arrive this week. All of the other components are here,

Here is the current schedule:
January 11: prototype circuit boards arrive for validation
January 22: production circuit boards arrive for preorders
January 25: preorders ship

Since we missed the shipping date, when we ship your Tensor we will also send you a coupon code for 15% off a future order from our web site. Valid for 2 years on any size order.

Finally, one thing we didn't show in the preview video is that the Tensor has a USB jack for firmware updates and USB MIDI. All of the knobs, switches, and jacks send and receive MIDI continuous controller messages.

Thank you for your patience and support

Interesting descripts. Intriguing as all get out.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 pm

shikawkee wrote:Henry Kaiser and I will be at the Red Panda booth at 3pm on Friday at NAMM demoing these.
Should have a demo next week to run through (it won't be the final version. Those ship 1/25 as previously stated).

Very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:45 pm

damnableman wrote:
shikawkee wrote:Henry Kaiser and I will be at the Red Panda booth at 3pm on Friday at NAMM demoing these.

Very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Roger wilco!

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:24 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:The preorder started on black friday so with the sale they were ~$250. I don't know if they're back to regular price now.

299 on their website. I guess I'll wait for that guy to sell it in the B/S/T.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

I know it's just hype, but:

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Yikes...this has been going round n round for some time, like to hear/have it explained/demo'd..how long is Sample length ?? Longer or shorter than the revolver?

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Sample length is 4.8 seconds.
Time stretch ratio goes from 1:4 to 4:1.
It would be amazing if it went longer, a la Outward, but it should be pretty great either way.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Can't wait to get mine in! Should be next week I think according to their email?

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm

Two weeks, I think.
The 24th or 25th.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Definitely the 24th or 25th. They had to do some tweaks to the circuit.

I'll have a non-tweaked demo to use before NAMM to get used to it soon since Henry Kaiser and I are performing in their booth.
Might have it any day. The tweaks are to improve the noise floor and make it quieter which I welcome.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:41 am

damnableman wrote:I know it's just hype, but:

That hype is fun to look at!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 am

Seance wrote:
damnableman wrote:I know it's just hype, but:

That hype is fun to look at!

They are purty IMO!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Agreed! So stoked for this one.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:11 pm

shikawkee wrote:Definitely the 24th or 25th. They had to do some tweaks to the circuit.

I'll have a non-tweaked demo to use before NAMM to get used to it soon since Henry Kaiser and I are performing in their booth.
Might have it any day. The tweaks are to improve the noise floor and make it quieter which I welcome.

Awesome. I can't wait to hear it in your hands. Will Red Panda allow you to put up audio clips beforehand? (Don't know if you'd want to do that, but I'm sure we'd all be indebted if you did.)
Post a reply