Red Panda Tensor



Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby Seance » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:42 pm

fuzzisokiguess wrote:
Seance wrote:I've also been accused of receiving the MVP every year for the Most Verbose Post.
As well as the MPP (Most Pedantic Post) and the MPPP (Most Post-Post Post).
;):


Haha! Meant no offense (so much so that I misspelled the word loquacious ;)), and I look forward to you getting a tensor (and every other new glitch/stutter pedal out there) and making more stop action vids! :thumbs up: ; :cloud sharting rainbows:

No offense taken.

I too would love for me to get a tensor and every other new glitch/stutter pedal out there for more stop-action visuals.
It's super fun to improvise visuals to improvised sounds. And glitch/stutter pedals are so rich and evocative for that kind of thing.
Seance

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Patience now. New preorder ship date is 1/25.

I apologize that we are not going to meet the January 5th estimated ship date for your Tensor preorder.

The pre-production Tensor circuit boards were noisier than I liked in certain situations. I decided to upgrade the ADC/DAC from a portable (low voltage) Codec to a higher-performance Codec with its own, separate power supply. The new Codec has 104 dB dynamic range, -95 dB ADC THD+N, -90 dB DAC THD+N, and up to +12 dB analog gain to handle everything from quiet guitars to synths. I decided it was better to be a few weeks late than have the first batch of Tensors be noisy.

We expedited the initial set of circuit boards, but unfortunately they will not arrive this week. All of the other components are here,

Here is the current schedule:
January 11: prototype circuit boards arrive for validation
January 22: production circuit boards arrive for preorders
January 25: preorders ship

Since we missed the shipping date, when we ship your Tensor we will also send you a coupon code for 15% off a future order from our web site. Valid for 2 years on any size order.

Finally, one thing we didn't show in the preview video is that the Tensor has a USB jack for firmware updates and USB MIDI. All of the knobs, switches, and jacks send and receive MIDI continuous controller messages.

Thank you for your patience and support
whoismarykelly

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 pm

> All of the knobs, switches, and jacks send and receive MIDI continuous controller messages.

An ILF pedal I can finally buy, and keep!
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."


PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 am
Location: Tijuana

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Yeah the depth of possibilities with a USB midi controller are pretty ridiculous. It becomes less of a pedal and more of a workstation for faux tape manipulation and glitch.
whoismarykelly

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Is the preorder still $299?
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."


PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 am
Location: Tijuana

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:41 pm

The preorder started on black friday so with the sale they were ~$250. I don't know if they're back to regular price now.
whoismarykelly

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby shikawkee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Henry Kaiser and I will be at the Red Panda booth at 3pm on Friday at NAMM demoing these.
Should have a demo next week to run through (it won't be the final version. Those ship 1/25 as previously stated).
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby Seance » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:02 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Patience now. New preorder ship date is 1/25.

I apologize that we are not going to meet the January 5th estimated ship date for your Tensor preorder.

The pre-production Tensor circuit boards were noisier than I liked in certain situations. I decided to upgrade the ADC/DAC from a portable (low voltage) Codec to a higher-performance Codec with its own, separate power supply. The new Codec has 104 dB dynamic range, -95 dB ADC THD+N, -90 dB DAC THD+N, and up to +12 dB analog gain to handle everything from quiet guitars to synths. I decided it was better to be a few weeks late than have the first batch of Tensors be noisy.

We expedited the initial set of circuit boards, but unfortunately they will not arrive this week. All of the other components are here,

Here is the current schedule:
January 11: prototype circuit boards arrive for validation
January 22: production circuit boards arrive for preorders
January 25: preorders ship

Since we missed the shipping date, when we ship your Tensor we will also send you a coupon code for 15% off a future order from our web site. Valid for 2 years on any size order.

Finally, one thing we didn't show in the preview video is that the Tensor has a USB jack for firmware updates and USB MIDI. All of the knobs, switches, and jacks send and receive MIDI continuous controller messages.

Thank you for your patience and support


Interesting descripts. Intriguing as all get out.
Seance

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby damnableman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 pm

shikawkee wrote:Henry Kaiser and I will be at the Red Panda booth at 3pm on Friday at NAMM demoing these.
Should have a demo next week to run through (it won't be the final version. Those ship 1/25 as previously stated).


Very interested in hearing your thoughts.
damnableman

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby shikawkee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:45 pm

damnableman wrote:
shikawkee wrote:Henry Kaiser and I will be at the Red Panda booth at 3pm on Friday at NAMM demoing these.
Should have a demo next week to run through (it won't be the final version. Those ship 1/25 as previously stated).


Very interested in hearing your thoughts.


Roger wilco!
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:24 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:The preorder started on black friday so with the sale they were ~$250. I don't know if they're back to regular price now.


299 on their website. I guess I'll wait for that guy to sell it in the B/S/T.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."


PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 am
Location: Tijuana

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby damnableman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

I know it's just hype, but:
Image
damnableman

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Yikes...this has been going round n round for some time, like to hear/have it explained/demo'd..how long is Sample length ?? Longer or shorter than the revolver?
Image
COMESECT SMELT XYANA
comesect2.0

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3423
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm
Location: TX

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby damnableman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Sample length is 4.8 seconds.
Time stretch ratio goes from 1:4 to 4:1.
It would be amazing if it went longer, a la Outward, but it should be pretty great either way.
damnableman

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby Jesus Was a Robot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Can't wait to get mine in! Should be next week I think according to their email?
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.

"Also this thread is now on page 2399, and the pt2399 is the most used delay chip for most dirty delays. Coincidence? therefore 9/11".

-multi_s

"The only thing I can muster after reading this thread:

Thanks Obama"

-raj007
Jesus Was a Robot

User avatar
Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF
 
Posts: 16363
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: daedelus23, Google [Bot] and 14 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.