Red Panda Tensor

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby codetocontra » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:06 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:I drove up to NYC for the Fear the Riff expo yesterday and Red Panda had a nearly-finished prototype with graphics at their booth that was fantastic. I didn't get a pic but it had controls for blend, sample speed (smooth from full forward to tape stop and full reverse), time stretch without altering pitch, buffer length (I think), and randomness. It also had switches for how the buffer operates which allowed for regular play, overdubbing, and ping pong play. Then the bypass and hold switches could be set for either latching or momentary. It was a TON of functionality in one pedal and after playing it for 5 minutes its the thing Im most excited about for 2018. The lady at their booth that builds everything said it should be done for NAMM but it worked perfectly to me yesterday. The available sounds were an amalgamation of Cooper Outward, Hexe revolver DX, and Count to 5. All in one pedal and all working at the same time. It was pretty spectacular.

High praise from a guy who knows the field. Overdubs could be useful. I originally didn't see this doing anything the Revolver DX couldn't but now this is going back on my list.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Ok, really intrigued now after that report. I wonder what the price tag's gonna be.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Boner.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Any expression control?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:55 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:I drove up to NYC for the Fear the Riff expo yesterday and Red Panda had a nearly-finished prototype with graphics at their booth that was fantastic. I didn't get a pic but it had controls for blend, sample speed (smooth from full forward to tape stop and full reverse), time stretch without altering pitch, buffer length (I think), and randomness. It also had switches for how the buffer operates which allowed for regular play, overdubbing, and ping pong play. Then the bypass and hold switches could be set for either latching or momentary. It was a TON of functionality in one pedal and after playing it for 5 minutes its the thing Im most excited about for 2018. The lady at their booth that builds everything said it should be done for NAMM but it worked perfectly to me yesterday. The available sounds were an amalgamation of Cooper Outward, Hexe revolver DX, and Count to 5. All in one pedal and all working at the same time. It was pretty spectacular.

xo
Last edited by damnableman on Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby blackjaw » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Yo that review has me hyped
blackjaw

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Seance wrote:Seems intriguing. I think I prefer my timestretch to alter pitch. But different ditches for different glitches.

You essentially have both options with this pedal as the tape speed control alters pitch and the stretch doesn't. So you can mix the two controls and get exactly what you want.

codetocontra wrote:High praise from a guy who knows the field. Overdubs could be useful. I originally didn't see this doing anything the Revolver DX couldn't but now this is going back on my list.

The DX does one thing at a time really well. The cool thing about the Tensor is its like having a Revolver, an Outward, and a CT5 all running at the same time. Neither could truly replace the other but if you don't have $1000 for noise pedals the Tensor is an awesome compromise.

PanicProne wrote:Ok, really intrigued now after that report. I wonder what the price tag's gonna be.

Lady at the booth said ~$300

oldangelmidnight wrote:Any expression control?

Yep for multiple parameters I think
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:46 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:The lady at their booth that builds everything said it should be done for NAMM but it worked perfectly to me yesterday.

Argh. That's the only disappointing part of your update.

This was from Red Panda's Instagram feed on August 19th.

First batch of enclosures & PCBs arrive in early September.

I was really hoping that late-October to late-November was still feasible. Guess we'll know definitively in just over a month.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby molokaio » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Damn! Thanks for the insight man!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

Postby Seance » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:02 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:So you can mix the two controls and get exactly what you want.

More intriguinger.

As is the layering of approaches at same time. Eyes and ears glued to the horizon with Tensor sensors ablaze.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Seance wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:So you can mix the two controls and get exactly what you want.

More intriguinger.

As is the layering of approaches at same time. Eyes and ears glued to the horizon with Tensor sensors ablaze.

Im def buying two because there is so much stuff going on.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zoooombiex » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Thanks for the info! That's pretty intriguing.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby adamajah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Very cool. I think there's going to be a lot of demand for this puppy
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby ritz » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Exciting. I was already on the hype train for this, but then the train was just moving so sloooooow, like wasn't this was originally projected for like May? Then the Outward helped me forget it for a while. But this has got me all hyped again.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby damnableman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 am

Meaningless update, but the product page is up:
http://www.redpandalab.com/products/tensor

*how do you resize an image so it isn't monstrous like this one?
damnableman

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear