Red Panda Tensor

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby ritz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Wish they would post a manual for us to obsessively re-read for the next week+
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby damnableman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:16 pm

xo
Last edited by damnableman on Thu May 09, 2019 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby damnableman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:35 pm

xo
Last edited by damnableman on Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm

damnableman wrote:
shikawkee wrote:Okay, first impressions for a half-hour with it: This thing is awesome. Really brilliantly conceived and very thoughtfully designed.

I'm not allowed top post audio or video until the 22nd but I'll record stuff over the next few days and post it just before I leave for NAMM.

I think you're all gonna' be very pleased. Now back to messing with it...

We're reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady

Hahahaha! Yes but I'm not. Been busy recording and packing. Soon, I promise.

Plus, my board has been getting overhauled and there were some power issues so I haven't had it for two days.

You want me to post stuff from the manual (which has already been revised!)?
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:27 pm

xo
Last edited by damnableman on Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Okay, first of before you look at this it's important to note that things are changing just like the first page says and this is a manual for demo users for BETA. Already the pitches have changed to include a natural 2nd instead of natural 3rd (minor 3rd stays) and minor 7th instead of major. So far:

Cool? Gotta' go pack. Early AM flight.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:18 pm

xo
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:05 am

My boner?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am

Well there's a whole lot more going on with this than I thought....most impressive. :excellent:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zoooombiex » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:23 am

I'm liking what I see on the overdub description, that each layer is recorded according to the current knob settings, so you can have different layers with different base pitches and speeds. That's how the 16SDD works and it's a great feature.

Does that principle also apply to direction? I.e., if you record a loop going forward, then flip it to reverse and overdub another layer, are both layers going in the same direction or opposite?

Also, are there any knobs or switches where changing them will destroy the loop? The particle unfortunately loses it's buffer when you change modes. I would hope this doesn't do that.
Last edited by zoooombiex on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby damnableman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:26 am

xo
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:44 am

zoooombiex wrote:I'm liking what I see on the overdub description, that each layer is recorded according to the current knob settings, so you can have different layers with different base pitches and speeds. That's how the 16SDD works and it's a great feature.

Does that principle also apply to direction? I.e., if you record a loop going forward, then flip it to reverse and overdub another layer, are both layers going in the same direction or opposite?

Also, are there any knobs or switches where changing them will destroy the loop? The particle unfortunately loses it's buffer when you change modes. I would hope this doesn't do that.

The Particle mode knob is loading programs on a Spinsemi FV1 so you cant have carryover. Based on the loop length I don't think this is an FV1 design and its just one algorithm I believe so there shouldn't be anything that explicitly wipes the current info. I did a ton of knob twisting on a proto a while back and nothing cleared the loop when turned.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:33 pm

damnableman wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:My boner?

Your boner.

Our boner.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby shikawkee » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:42 pm

So dig (and I'll keep this brief 'cause I'm in flight to Anaheim): you can use the expression pedal toe down to record a loop at one speed (the speed knob is the key to this device IMO) and overdub a different speed with heel down. Pretty cool. And as far as I know it records where the knobs are at and when you change it records where they are then and so on. If I'm not mistaken. Okay, gotta' get some internet time in before my computer battery dies.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:18 am

xo
Last edited by damnableman on Thu May 09, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
damnableman

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear