Red Panda Tensor

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:44 pm

The Eristic wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:But then the Context will also get an update to be competitive with all the other preset-capable boxes on the market.

Noice. I've been bugging them about a Context Deluxe for a while. Imo, it's the all-around prettiest sounding of all the pedal multi-verbs, it's just a little too limited in auxiliary features and whatnot vs the competition now.

FWIW Im only speculating. They haven't said anything. It just seems like the next logical choice to get all their pedals into the new DSP platform after the Particle. The Bitmap seems fine in its current form but the Context would make a bigger splash with more control, presets, momentary feedback, etc...
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:35 pm

whoop, got one inbound! :yay:
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Looks like they're in stock.
https://reverb.com/item/10864368-red-pa ... -time-warp
Rumors of their demise, etc.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:37 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:Rumors of their demise, etc.

Wait, what? Red Panda is going under?
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:54 pm

oscillofuzz wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:Rumors of their demise, etc.

Wait, what? Red Panda is going under?

They are not going under. They have many plans in the works FWIW.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 am

Then what's oldangelmidnight hinting at? I feel like I missed out on some news regarding Red Panda (I know about Particle v2).
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:16 am

It's a reference to the quote/saying "rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:50 am

I had never heard of that before but I did some googling and I think I get it now :facepalm: :lol:
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby njschneider2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:40 am

I recently got a Kenton MIDI USB Host and now am able to control MIDI on the Tensor with my Morningstar MC6. Though it's not the most convenient way to use MIDI (at least not with my setup), it's still fun to now be able to get deeper control over Tensor. Curt also said he plans on adding presets to the Tensor on a future firmware update, but no timetable on that since he has other projects ahead.
njschneider2

involved
involved

Postby baremountain » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:58 pm

So the UPS guy showed up mad late yesterday and I hardly had time to noodle with this buggo, but my 30-45 min of explorations took me pretty deep. I was mainly using it in real time or as a rhythmically distorted delay. At full wet it can completely transform what you're playing both pitch-wise and rhythmically. Gonna actually read the manual and get into it tonight and see how it goes, but I'm super stoked on it so far. I'm also shockingly impressed at the fidelity and how well the output volume is matched when you click on/off the pedal despite a lack of a volume control.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Out of stock everywhere.

Any estimated time?
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:29 am

I was looking also for one yesterday. Few European webshops stated a possible delivery by the end of September.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby cantremember » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 am

Gear hero hq just posted on ig that they have some in stock right now
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby wolflangis » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:06 pm

hey so I got one of these somehow luckily
https://stangguitars.com/products/used- ... 9841024105

and I figured I should bump this thread

Mine initially came with 1.03, and I definitely was getting those clicks and pops out of the box, especially on the ovr mode. I updated it(which was super easy to do btw) and did feel like that problem was pretty much resolved. Still feel like its not perfect but idk tbh. I've been working a lot and not messing with it as much as I'd like to be. But I did feel like I was getting more of what the pedal had to offer once updated.

I had a particle for about a year and a half or so, and sold it a few months ago, but miss it. The randomized pitch shifting stuff was one of my favorite things on the particle, and the rand knob on the tensor doesn't live up to that for me. Also, the reverse mode on the particle seemed to do the alternating btwn forward and reverse in a cooler sounding way than the tensor. But that being said, I really like some of the features on the tensor a lot more and feel like theres a lot more control over whats happening... Which is really a good thing, compared to some of the other more unpredictable behavior of the particle. I really like that the realtime pitch tracking(and/or loop pitching) and tape speed knobs are separate knobs. the time knob as separate is cool too, but more in theory than in practice(so far). Big fan of the pitch quantization intervals. Feels easy to dial in where you want to go.
also have a count to five, and now I'm gonna compare the tensor to it. The ct5 doesn't have the realtime pitch tracking of the tensor, nor does it have a latching(let alone switchable) loop switch. But the tensor doesn't have the same capabilities to playback 3 copies of a loop, while controlling pitch and volume on each separately, like the ct5 in mode 3. The loop recording of the ct5 seems to cut the highs just slightly, which I didn't notice in the tensor. But for some reason I like the ct5 loops a lot better. Just smoother. and the overdubs(or loop copies) sound nicer to me. The pitch shifting sounds better, I think. idk. Mostly stoned when doing this. Maybe I just gotta play with it more and work its magic. It took me a WHILE to figure out that the q knob on the ct5 impacts the SWEEPING of the knobs. I'm sure I read the manual at first, but it apparently didn't get through my thick noggin until later. When I figured this out, my life was changed. Maybe I'll find that "aH HA!" moment with the tensor. Its only been a week. If I don't, maybe it will come in a firmware update. And if I'm impatient, please trade me your fabrikat for this thing. But I do like it tho. Maybe even a lot. So maybe keep your fabrikat(or sell it to me).

sorry for the convoluted review and comparisons to other stuff.

ps only running pocket piano and septavox through it so far.
wolflangis

interested
interested

Postby ritz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:49 pm

RedPanda wrote:Tensor V1.1 Firmware Update
We just released a firmware update with some new features that are accessible via USB MIDI or a remote footswitch:

Loop sampler functions (retrigger / stop / one shot)
31 presets via USB MIDI or remote switch
Expression pedal assignable to any knobs
Improved MIDI scaling for speed, time, and pitch
Kill dry mode (always mutes dry signal)

If you don't want to deal with MIDI, the Tensor now supports a 4-button remote switch with 4 modes:
Presets 1-4
Remote foot switches + presets 1-2
Loop sampler:
Record / overdub
Play / stop
Play once
Toggle time & pitch (tap),
toggle speed (double tap)
Toggle parameters
Toggle the speed, time, pitch, and random knobs on/off independently
It's also DIY friendly, if you prefer to build your own remote
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear