· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Empress: Echosystem

Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 am

Interested in ur thoughts, Worra. I play in stereo and the dual delay mixing aspect still has me intrigued the most. The Whisky mode also appears way cooler and more thought out than the Beer mode on the Reverb. May wait until Black Friday or something if I decide to give this a go.

Fri May 12, 2017 11:32 pm

I got an Echosystem not too long ago and I have been obsessing over it for the last few days. I easily got rid of my timeline for this a few weeks before it came out and I don't miss it in the least.

https://youtu.be/1ewBq3kSeJw

Mon May 15, 2017 9:26 pm

FYI for people who don't have Echosystem money. The Superdelay (original & vintage) has been discounted to $299 at several dealer sites. I saw a clean, used one sell on eBay today for $199 (only received one bid). I think they were going for about $270 used a year ago.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 pm

For anyone that's played the Echosystem can you compare it against the Timeline?

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:33 am

fuck man, just wanna make it known that this thing is fun as fuck and every time I'm stoned all I wanna do is get weird with it

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:58 am

hotknife wrote:Interested in ur thoughts, Worra. I play in stereo and the dual delay mixing aspect still has me intrigued the most. The Whisky mode also appears way cooler and more thought out than the Beer mode on the Reverb. May wait until Black Friday or something if I decide to give this a go.

I've been using this way more than the Reverb lately. There's so many great settings, and I've actually been using it a lot on synth as well. The tape, ambient, multi, and whisky modes are definitely my go-tos.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:14 pm

johnnydeformed wrote:For anyone that's played the Echosystem can you compare it against the Timeline?

I got both of these recently to compare them, and there's really no rivalry there, if you can test them head-to-head. The Echosystem is warmer, brighter, and more present. Everything on the Timeline sounds somewhat sterile and smeared. I need to get the manual out for the Timeline, in order to see if there's a menu screen for some adjustments that will make it sound less distant, but I'm skeptical that the cold character of the sound can't be rectified without external aid (tube pre-amp, et cetera). The actual modes are so much more interesting on the Empress.

Empress wins on sound character, modes, size, $ value, and the ability to run simultaneous delay engines.

I believe the Timeline can store more presets, without requiring an external MIDI station, but there's no reward in having more presets, if the sounds aren't that impressive.

I would much rather have a Dig and a Brigadier combo than a Timeline----easier access/ more intuitive, more fun, and for about the same price used you'll have 2 simultaneous delays, instead of a single engine running. I quickly sold my Capistan and the Timeline will be moving soon as well. The DIG is still their best product. It has a great sound, which is so much more inviting, than everything I've found on the surface of the Timeline.

My current favorite delays are the Keeley Echoes, Empress Echosystem, Dawner Prince Boonar, the upcoming Meris Polymoon, Red Panda Particle, and the TC Alter Ego X4. I used a Nemesis for a while, too, and it was significantly more pleasing than the Timeline. If you're a delay fan, the Echosystem should provide you with a lot of inspiration.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Have you tried the Superdelay? I like mine a lot. Never tried the Echosystem.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:51 am

sylnau wrote:Have you tried the Superdelay? I like mine a lot. Never tried the Echosystem.

Me? I have the Empress Tape Delay, which I enjoy, but never got the Superdelay. I came close a few times, but it never worked out. Perhaps one day I should A/B the tape settings to see how similar the algorithms are.

The Echosystem is my 6th Empress device, and it's one of the few companies, whose pedals I've never parted with. I would never hesitate to endorse their designs.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 am

I loved the empress SuperDelay Vintage modified. It sounded so good. It had less engines than the timeline, but it was much betterererer sound wise.
Can't wait to receive my echosys.
Post a reply